Cubs fans- a little personnel news

967,777 Views | 12512 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BobOliver2006
BobOliver2006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
not that it was really any debate, but I guess the Cubs win the Theo "trade" by default now that the Red Sox announced Chris Carpenter needs elbow surgery...
bluestainedivy
Ouch!
Lance Uppercut
AG
quitters
Lance Uppercut
AG
Blame Assenmacher, but don't blame Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slIHk6QytcM
bluestainedivy
The only things I like about the video are all the old names I'd forgotten about and the old school, Beastie Boys feel it has. Otherwise, that's not the footage I wanted to watch on opening day.
Lance Uppercut
AG
I'll never forget you, giant Cubs thread.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I can't believe I actually got the thread to open.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Bob Brenly is leaving the Cubs broadcast team to pursue an opening with the Diamondbacks. Good news for him, because I think he still lives in Arizona. The bad news is that the opening likely exists because the Dbacks dropped Mark Grace, who got his 2nd DUI in 15 months.
AgShaun00
AG
it worked
Lance Uppercut
AG
Ian Stewart has been suspended in the AAA system for complaining about Sveum and the organization on Twitter

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22388825/cubs-suspend-ian-stewart-indefinitely-following-twitter-rant

The only thing better than batting under the Mendoza line is bragging about how much you're making doing it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
The old thread lives on!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Oh great. Some MLB GM told Tim Kurkjian last year that the Cubs will be the best team in baseball in five years. WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO ME NOW?????
BobOliver2006
AG
I want to hear the audio from Starlin's "he tried to kill me" comment last night... I know he was pissed, but the quote by itself sounds a bit ridiculous
Lance Uppercut
AG
Matheny even ended up admitting the right call was made. Robinson went straight at him, too far from the bag, kicking with his spikes up.

Kill? Of course not, but Castro already has enough trouble playing short without those kinds of slides coming at him.
BobOliver2006
AG
just checking in to see how the old thread survived the forum transition...
BobOliver2006
AG
apparently just fine!
Lance Uppercut
AG
I will remember you giant Cubs thread...
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Oh great. Some MLB GM told Tim Kurkjian last year that the Cubs will be the best team in baseball in five years. WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO ME NOW?????

I guess he was off by a year.
BobOliver2006
AG
First Page Refresh
Page 358 of 358

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.