first all black fantasy team to win championship

3,165 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAggie2011
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

after several consecutive seasons of getting edged out in the semis/finals, BlackPower finally makes it's storybook run with a 5th seeded (2nd place pts finish) squad to claim its first championship

Dominicans had to be included, fielding a full pitching staff was always the toughest part

additional credit goes to players that were dropped during/before playoff roster adjustments who will also be receiving rings:
Francisco Liriano, CC Sabathia, Ivan Nova, Starling Marte, Cameron Maybin, Eduarado Nunez, Arodys Vizcaino

I'd like to dedicate this championship to: Jackie Robinson, Martin Luther King Jr, Rodney King, Malcom X, Rosa Parks, Tupac Shakur, and BlackLivesMatter

PatAg
AG
I mean...that's a very liberal definition there. Just call it the "No Whites Allowed Team"
DannyDuberstein
AG
You're the browns, not the blacks.
The Lost
Yeah, that's at best 50/50...
powerbelly
AG
Bartolo is not impressed

RodTidwell
You're much closer to an All Dominican Team than an all Black team.
Squirrel Master
AG
While I love the premise, Sean Manaea is pretty confused about how he ended up on team Black Power.
94chem
Don freaking Haskins, I tell ya.
R0GUE
AG
Yeh you should have to use all African Americans, no black Latinos.
EliteZags
AG
yea a few of the final roster pitching names were products of championship week streaming where I used a more loose no whites criteria, the funnest part of the whole thing was while drafting brothas shouting racial trash talk/activist quotes/white hate while everyone gets pissed at me for screwing around then I go win the damn league
PatAg
AG
No man, almost everyone on your team is latin or hispanic
R0GUE
AG
My team at least had Adam Jones and Andrew McCutchen. And I won the championship too.
TXAggie2011
AG
To be fair, the Dominican and Cuba have a heavy dose of African heritage and many folks in those countries are fiercely proud of those African roots.

You'd probably have to ask each of these guys one-by-one about their heritage and how they view themselves.

Still goes to show the multiculturalism of baseball.
PatAg
AG
Is it your passion in life to be a wet blanket on every forum on Texags?
Sea Gull
AG
I can honestly say that I've never once thought of a players color while playing fantasy until now. Well done on being racist.
TXAggie2011
AG
PatAg said:

Is it your passion in life to be a wet blanket on every forum on Texags?
Nope. You've soaked Texags enough that I need not throw another wet blanket on it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.