Oakland A's Throwback Day - Retro Broadcast

3,411 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 94chem
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is awesome!

jkag89
MSFC Aggie
AG
Awesome. Since I have the olds, I would like to see more of this.
W
AG
Good stuff.

as an aside...with Kenny Stabler going into the NFL Hall of Fame yesterday...must have been a blast to be an Oakland sports fan in the 1970's...between the Raiders and the Swingin' A's...lots of great players, great characters, and of course championships
Bonfired
AG
Those are the first graphics I remember seeing on a broadcast. Those were the days of regular season baseball being on once a week (Saturday) with some Monday Night Baseball thrown in there during the summer.

While I'm reminiscing, I'd like to see the occasional regularly scheduled DH return...maybe just one a season during the summer (at single game prices).
jeffag02
Remember when you had to wait until a commercial break to get the score?

I remember I always watched "this week in baseball" to catch up baseball news back in the 80s.

Or remember when local nightly news sports casts would give all the scores from every game that night?
94chem
I guess they stopped giving the scores when CNN introduced the sports ticker in the early 90's. I moved away from home in 1994. I had a short wave radio, and it was before the Internet. In 1994 the ags were on probation. I literally followed that season watching the Headline News sports ticker. Still haven't forgotten watching the Rice game stuck on 7-0 for 3 hours, or the tie against SMU.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.