Umpire ejects fan from Phillies game

1,973 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Corporal Punishment
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish this happened more often. These buffoons think since they bought a ticket, they have bought the right to destroy the game experience for everyone around them.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/phillies/Umpire-stops-game-to-eject-Phillies-fan-Bob-Davidson.html?mobi=true
MSFC Aggie
AG
#FanLivesMatter
CampingAg
AG
He did the right thing, but where's the ballpark security? No need for an umpire to have to take care of it. Then again, it is Philly.
WES2006AG
AG
He must have been pretty abusive. I've been umpiring for more than a decade and haven't reverted had to remove a fan. Coaches and players, now that is a different story.
wbt5845
AG
quote:
He must have been pretty abusive. I've been umpiring for more than a decade and haven't reverted had to remove a fan. Coaches and players, now that is a different story.
My understanding is he was yelling gay slurs at SF Giants players.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
This umpire ejected a guy a few years ago for yelling gay slurs.

Was the ejected fan in Philadelphia also doing the same?
wbt5845
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
This umpire ejected a guy a few years ago for yelling gay slurs.

Was the ejected fan in Philadelphia also doing the same?

Supposedly. There is some disagreement from witnesses.

And I've seen fans ejected from high school games. A grandma in a motorized wheelchair who would not shut up. That BEEP BEEP BEEP of her backing that bad boy up was hilarious.
Cen-Tex
AG
Good for Bob
Aggie_3
quote:

I ejected a whole group of parents in a select ball tournament and after I did the kids of the parents thanked me. Some people just don't realize how ******y they are
Corporal Punishment
AG
Maybe the fan mistook the ump for Dave Pallone.
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/baseball-joe/blog/dave-pallone-sex-players-umpire-120314
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.