HoF Inductions

1,668 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Squirrel Master
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Piazza talking now. My favorite player of all time coming up soon.
COOL LASER FALCON

This didn't get enough love here
Ag_07
AG
They need to do this when there are no games. Do it over the ASB sometime after the game during that dull boring week.

I also think it'd be cool to do these on a Sunday but delay all games until 3 and start these at 1 and play them on the jumbotrons during BP.

Just sucks I never really watch them because there are games on.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is Griffey the first Mariner in the hall?
COOL LASER FALCON
Randy Johnson
W
AG
a few thoughts...

I wonder if Griffey Jr. ever regretted making the move from Seattle to Cincinnati. With the Mariners he was the carefree happy kid. Once he got to the Reds, he kind of became a surly grumpy guy.

from a home run hitting standpoint, he may have had the friendliest ballparks of all-time for a slugger (that played on multiple teams): Kingdome, Riverfront, Great American. Home run hitting paradises all.

regarding Piazza...there were many great steroid discussions on this board 5 to 10 to 15 years ago. We knew back then that there would be 10 or so position players from the 'roid era that would escape (so to speak) with their reputations relatively intact and make the Hall of Fame.

Piazza was one of them along with Griffey Jr. Biggio, and Frank Thomas
mazag08
AG
quote:
a few thoughts...

I wonder if Griffey Jr. ever regretted making the move from Seattle to Cincinnati. With the Mariners he was the carefree happy kid. Once he got to the Reds, he kind of became a surly grumpy guy.

from a home run hitting standpoint, he may have had the friendliest ballparks of all-time for a slugger (that played on multiple teams): Kingdome, Riverfront, Great American. Home run hitting paradises all.

regarding Piazza...there were many great steroid discussions on this board 5 to 10 to 15 years ago. We knew back then that there would be 10 or so position players from the 'roid era that would escape (so to speak) with their reputations relatively intact and make the Hall of Fame.

Piazza was one of them along with Griffey Jr. Biggio, and Frank Thomas
And Bagwell

soooooon..
ChipFTAC01
AG
Pudge.
W
AG
yes, the remainder are likely Bagwell, Pudge, Jeter, Pujols, and Ortiz.

maybe Thome. Maybe Vlad. Maybe Helton. And that's probably about it. So closer to 12 hitters will make it thru
ORAggieFan
quote:
Is Griffey the first Mariner in the hall?

He's the first to wear a Mariner hat. Randy Johnson is in as a DBack.

Hopefully Edgar gets in. Ichiro as well.

Former M's broadcaster Dave Niehaus is in.
94chem
If Rod Carew and Tony Gwynn are in, then I don't think Ichiro has much to sweat.
Squirrel Master
AG
Ichiro is a lock. Even if talent wasn't enough on it's own (which it is), he's an incredibly popular player with media, players, and fans. Ultimately, that stuff always helps too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.