Astros 2016 Paper Bag Season

3,733 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Frisco - Ag
Cheo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will continue to rot and watch most of the games and attend a few this season. Astros fans that are critical of the team, and coaching staff are welcomed to congregate here and vent.

I am also open to wearing paper bags at the game if we reach rock bottom. From all accounts we are well on our way to rock bottom, as there is ZERO positive signs at this point.

Every aspect of this team is one big ****ing cluster ****. The baseball gods hate Houston, and this could be one of the most epic "**** the bed" seasons ever, for a team that looked to have so much promise after last season.

Our pitching staff sucks balls, our offense is a piece of ****, we are not stealing bases anymore because: (1) we don't get on often, and (2) our offense sucks so ****ing much, and we make such ****ing stupid mistakes running the bases, that we rather not risk getting caught stealing. Tyler White from all accounts is a fluke. Dude needs to take some ****ing hitting instructions. His swing is horrendous and makes odd body movements when the ball is down the plate. At least Gattis isn't lunging that much at sliders on the dirt like last year. Valbuena has been hibernating since last year. He has done JACK.****, this year.
Ag_07
AG
Good riddance man. This is a pitiful thread and you're the reason Houston gets called a bad sports town.

Yeah we suck but I'll never quit on a hometown team. I'll be wearing my orange and blue to every game I'm at and enjoy watching The Good Guys play baseball.

Trust me when I say not all Astros fans are this shltty
Cynical_Texan
AG
Holy **** the Astros suck.
astros4545
AG
Does anyone know of any good websites to buy brown paper bags?

I want to look my best during my 3 game trip to Boston next week...
Cheo
quote:
Good riddance man. This is a pitiful thread and you're the reason Houston gets called a bad sports town.

Yeah we suck but I'll never quit on a hometown team. I'll be wearing my orange and blue to every game I'm at and enjoy watching The Good Guys play baseball.

Trust me when I say not all Astros fans are this shltty

I never said I would stop supporting the team. I'm just saying that this team is a disgrace. Knowing myself, I will still tune in day in and day out to witness the mystery. We can all rot together.

Staff can go ahead and delete this thread. I was hammered when I created it and after whataburger I feel more sober
dah4439
AG
Guys, we have to remember that this is baseball we are talking about. This is a game of streaks, guys getting hot/cold, and all the elements of your team working together (hitting, defense, pitching). Right now, NONE of that is working. I'm a season ticket holder, so I have watched every game this year. Believe me, I'm as frustrated as you guys are! The Rangers went 8-16 to start the 2015 season and were under .500 on August 3rd. They somehow went on to win the division. I was here in 2005 when we came back. I'm not giving up on this team!!!

The point is, with baseball, you can never give up. We are not like the Braves and don't have the talent to turn this thing around. That being said, we have to win games like last night at home versus the worst team in the AL with your ace on the mound. Tonight is just as important of a game. We played a very tough April schedule. May looks much better. We have to win all of these series, or we have no wiggle-room in June/July/August. At that point, if we are still struggling, you guys can do your paper bag thingy.
Baby Billy
AG
quote:
Guys, we have to remember that this is baseball we are talking about. This is a game of streaks, guys getting hot/cold, and all the elements of your team working together (hitting, defense, pitching). Right now, NONE of that is working. I'm a season ticket holder, so I have watched every game this year. Believe me, I'm as frustrated as you guys are! The Rangers went 8-16 to start the 2015 season and were under .500 on August 3rd. They somehow went on to win the division. I was here in 2005 when we came back. I'm not giving up on this team!!!

The point is, with baseball, you can never give up. We are not like the Braves and don't have the talent to turn this thing around. That being said, we have to win games like last night at home versus the worst team in the AL with your ace on the mound. Tonight is just as important of a game. We played a very tough April schedule. May looks much better. We have to win all of these series, or we have no wiggle-room in June/July/August. At that point, if we are still struggling, you guys can do your paper bag thingy.

No no no. Y'all ****ing suck ass. Get over it. It's done. Over.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
I will continue to rot
tremble
AG
still can't believe we traded VV and Appel for the **** sandwich that is Ken Giles.

Good Lord, what a trade rape.
Aggie_3
quote:
still can't believe we traded VV and Appel for the **** sandwich that is Ken Giles.

Good Lord, what a trade rape.

It's not rape if it's consensual
SA-AG72
AG
I agree. Astros are only 6 1/2 games out in their division. They do need to get it together soon.
3B Paul 97
AG
Seattle is leading the division and coming in for a 4 game set tomorrow. Good opportunity to climb back into this thing.

Of course, they need to take care of business today. Hope Fiers still has his nasty breaking ball working.
mazag08
AG
We're on the 2015 Rangers path.

Sick at the beginning, get an injured pitcher back, make a big trade, charge at the end and win.

Except they had Bannister and we have Hinch. Other than that, it's possible
Ag2012
AG

quote:
This is a pitiful thread and you're the reason Houston gets called a bad sports town.
And here I was thinking that Houston gets called a bad sports town because all of its franchises suck.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
We're on the 2015 Rangers path.

Sick at the beginning, get an injured pitcher back, make a big trade, charge at the end and win.

Except they had Bannister and we have Hinch. Other than that, it's possible
Mr Gigem
AG
Hey I think y'all dropped this
tremble
AG
Can we fire our coach yet?
LouisvilleAg
AG
You guys still have **** in your pants or have you changed underwear? Time to realize it is a very long season.
irish pete ag06
AG
OP

Schrute
OP

Ag_07
AG
OP

ClickClack
AG
Is it true that this Altuve guy is batting .357?
irish pete ag06
AG
You may be right, but I also heard they have the best pen in baseball? This can't be true.
Frok
AG
The OP is like the Chronicle headline in 2005.
wolfpack759
AG
Ag2012
Frisco - Ag
AG
Houston gonna Houston
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.