*****Official Texas Rangers 2016 Season Thread*****

1,754,348 Views | 19395 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mozart Paintings
Cappo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Pomeranz shelled again tonight. Thank God we didn't make that trade.
Still hope we make a trade. Guess we'll see how we pitch tomorrow too though

Agree. Regardless of how well Harrell pitches tomorrow we still have holes that we need to address. SP, catcher, closer, DH. Likely can't touch them all but I would at least like to see some filled.
I feel our offense is the last thing we do need to worry about with Yu and Hamels it would be sick if we could just get another solid SP and maybe a bullpen guy
gigem1223
Who is your DH until Choo gets back?
gigem1223
Lucroy to Cleveland, barring he waives his no-trade clause.
DallasAg 94
Rather than call them holes, I like to think of them as areas we can upgrade.

We have the best record in the AL, and have struggled the better part of July.

The best upgrade is getting Perez and AJG to pitch to their ability. If we get back Choo, that is like adding a huge impact bat. Harrell just need to go 5IP/4ER, and that is an improvement.

BP is rested. Here we go.
Cappo
AG
Rather have 5 solid SP and bullpen in the playoffs. Didn't say we don't have other holes
CampingAg
AG
Being reported lucroy to Cleveland. Clevelands #6 prospect, among others, going back to MIL.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agree. Regardless of how well Harrell pitches tomorrow we still have holes that we need to address. SP, catcher, closer, DH. Likely can't touch them all but I would at least like to see some filled.
I feel our offense is the last thing we do need to worry about with Yu and Darvish it would be sick if we could just get another solid SP and maybe a bullpen guy
Yea between Yu and Darvish, and Cole and Hamels, that's 4 quality starting pitchers.
KT 90
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I feel our offense is the last thing we do need to worry about with Yu and Darvish it would be sick if we could just get another solid SP and maybe a bullpen guy
Yea between Yu and Darvish, and Cole and Hamels, that's 4 quality starting pitchers.

Is that legal? Or do we have to double their salary?
agent-maroon
AG
Indians To Acquire Andrew Miller
[url=http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/][/url]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Wow on the indians. Impressive
MooreTrucker
AG
But if we get both Chris and Sale, we'll have to send one of those guys down.
roginaustin
S
quote:
Wow on the indians. Impressive

Only if they're still getting Lucroy. This may be an indicator that deal fell though.
jtstanley4621
AG
Jeez if the Indians are getting both Lucroy and Miller, that is the most "all in" I think I've seen a team in any sport go in quite a while. Will they have any prospects left at all?
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
Doesn't matter if they win it all. If the Rangers had won in 11 or 12, we wouldn't care about any of these prospects everyone wants to hold on to.
Doctor51
AG
Indians trading 8 for 2. 4 guys for Lucroy if he agrees and Yankees getting their #2&3 ranked prospects and 2 more for Miller.
Mr Gigem
AG
I guess the price isn't high for Miller as everyone said. Only two prospects?
corleoneAg99
AG
One premium guy in Frazier, who is comparable(in terms of value) to Brinson, and then a decent smattering of guys from other tiers. Pretty much the Chapman deal.

Miller and Lucroy worth cleaning out the system? Guess we'll see.
DallasAg 94
I wonder what this means for the CWS. I don't know about the Indians roster long term, but Lucroy and Miller are controlled.

If the Indians gave up 8 prospects, they are all in for 2016 and 2017. CWS are definitely out, this year. CLE would seemingly be the team to beat in 2017.

Does that motivate CWS to trade away a SP?
corleoneAg99
AG
Lucroy veto. Fun!
Seven Costanza
AG
Apparently he's looking to get paid to waive his no-trade clause.
agent-maroon
AG
quote:
The Cleveland Indians are one of eight teams on Jonathan Lucroy's partial no-trade list, ESPN's Jerry Crasnick has revealed. Along with the Tribe, the Milwaukee Brewers catcher can block trades to the Detroit Tigers, Los Angeles Angels, Minnesota Twins, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, and Washington Nationals.

According to MLB Trade Rumors, Lucroy's contract stipulates that he can block trades to eight teams any season, which sounds like he can switch them every season. Based on his other choices, he may not have had much faith in the Indians living up to their lofty pre-season projections. Lucroy also said in an interview that he would be willing to waive the no-trade clause in order to join a contending team. If he does want to join a winner, he should consider waiving it to join the Indians

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2016/7/29/12325176/cleveland-indians-trade-rumors-jonathan-lucroy-no-trade-list

Or... maybe the Brewers should consider trading him to a contender that isn't on his 8 team list.

Win - win
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieDPT
AG
Lets go get him now!
gigem1223
Go get Lucroy JD! Probably can get him a little cheaper now.
mhayden
Yeah, these vetoes always just seem like small hurdles and just contract re-negotiations.

Would be nice if it pissed the Brewers off enough to say "eff it, we'll send you somewhere else for less".
gigem1223
Or Mrs. Lucroy doesn't want to live in Cleveland.
gigem1223
Lucroy wanted Cleveland to void his 2017 club option so he can become a free agent at the end of the season. Of course they said hell no. Talk about a slap in the face to Cleveland.
roginaustin
S
quote:
Lucroy wanted Cleveland to void his 2017 club option so he can become a free agent at the end of the season. Of course they said hell no. Talk about a slap in the face to Cleveland.

Do you blame him? No one wants to live in the mistake by the lake.
gigem1223
Don't blame him at all. I would do the same. Of course if it were up to me, I'd have a no trade clause on all but one team.
TV Casualty
AG
The option on Lucroy is for only $5.25 million. In this situation he has some leverage and I can completely understand why he is using it.
agent-maroon
AG
quote:
gigem1223
Brewers GM says trade talks with Cleveland are completely dead. The tribe are no longer negotiating with Lucroy.
gigem1223
Reminds me of the Cole Hamels no-trade to Houston last year.
AggieDPT
AG
Alberto in the lineup today.

Desmond, Elvis, Gallo out.
gigem1223
Desmond needs a rest.

Being a hot day game, I guess it's as good a time as any to rest some vets.
gigem1223
6-0 Detroit through the 1st inning. Keuchel sucks.
First Page Last Page
Page 348 of 555

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.