*****Official 2015 Texas Rangers Thread*****

1,156,678 Views | 13928 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Joe Cole
CampingAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dyson is under control through 2021.
Mr Gigem
AG
And Bobby Wilson, who we just got from Tampa
gigem1223
So another Mendoza line catcher. Boy, our catching depth went from great too **** in a hurry.
roginaustin
S
quote:
So another Mendoza line catcher. Boy, our catching depth went from great too **** in a hurry.

I think we'll see a lot more waiver deals this year. I read that the Rangers may look towards Lucroy in the winter.
gigem1223
I'd be good with Lucroy
AggieDPT
AG
Wow Phillies already put Harrison on the DL with back inflammation.
Aggie_3
quote:

No take backs
double aught
AG
Belts
bigcat22
AG
Feel bad for Harrison, Phillies basically put him on the DL so they can start collecting on his insurance policy
Baby Billy
AG
Elvis playing up to his contract right now
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
Feel bad for Harrison, Phillies basically put him on the DL so they can start collecting on his insurance policy

If gladly watch baseball from a dugout for $13 million/year.
AgBQ-00
AG
Getting a little chippy
adamhdonnell
AG
I missed it. What happened?
PatAg
AG
bumgardner got beltre to pop up to end the inning, and was yelling and cursing at him as he ran to first. Apparently he is a little *****.
adamhdonnell
AG
You mean Deshields?
AgBQ-00
AG
Yeah Delino was running to first. He flipped his bat in frustration and bumgardner starting yelling at him. Beltre came out of the dugout to take up for Delino. Both teams came off the benches and the umps warned the benches
AggieDPT
AG
Bumgarner hates when players get mad for popping up on hittable balls. He's done that before just screaming at people.
PatAg
AG
Ah, yea I just beltre come out, didn't see that it was deshields. Makes more sense, but still a little crybaby move. It's too bad baseball is a sport where there is really no form of getting back at him for it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Beating his ass 6-2 would work for me
double aught
AG
Three in a row (at home!) against very good teams.

Thumbs up also for a 2.5 hour game. Refreshing after the always molasses-like Yankees.
sincereag
I like Dyson s stats. 3.68 ERA this year in 44 innings pitched. Throws 95-97 mph. Nice addition to the bullpen.
DallasAg 94
quote:
Sounds like it was a move the Rangers should have done, but based on the personalities, the Rangers had too close a relationship to do it.
bbattbq01
AG
Thanks, Cliff! Hamels says cliff lee talking about Texas is one of the reasons he wanted to come here.
DallasAg 94
quote:
Thanks, Cliff! Hamels says cliff lee talking about Texas is one of the reasons he wanted to come here.
Good stuff.

I like how he has presented himself. Says all the right things.

Earlier today he basically said he and his wife made pages of reason with they would consider different cities and basically said they preferred Dallas over Houston. Basically he said that they had blocked Houston as a place they didn't want to raise their family.
Gil Renard
AG
Why was Madison Bumgardner being a dewsh?
Gil Renard
AG
Madison is a fake tough guy. You're a pitcher. GTFO. God I hate him. I hope the fans let him have it. And should
gigem1223
Picked up a game on the Stros and the wildcard!
Mr. White
I love Bumgarner and didn't get to see the game so I'm going to pretend this didn't happen....this time. You're on thin ice, mister.
Gil Renard
AG
A pitcher getting mad about a batters temperament on his own self. I don't think I've ever heard that one before. So maybe there's history or something I don't know about
Fenrir
quote:
A pitcher getting mad about a batters temperament on his own self. I don't think I've ever heard that one before. So maybe there's history or something I don't know about
Not the first time he has done exactly that even. He is a POS. Acts real tough when the catcher is there to get between him and everybody else.
DallasAg 94
WOW... Here are Phillies Top 30 Prospect changes, after the trade:
#3 Jake Thompson
#4 Nick Williams
#5 Jorge Alfaro
#14 Jerad Eickoff

We gave them prospects that insert as their #3, 4 & 5 Prospects. Maybe they were similarly placed while in Texas' farm system.

Toronto traded a bunch of people and I can't imagine their farm system won't feel that for years. It was hard to compile, as MLB has already moved the players, so I've pulled some different polls.

Toronto
Daniel Norris
#1 Pre-Season BaseBall America (BA)
#2 PreSeason Bleacher Report (BR)
#25 Overall in MLB (Current)

Jeff Hoffman
#3 Pre-Season (BA)
#4 PreSeason (BR)
#58 Overall MLB

Miguel Castro
#9 PreSeason (BA)
#8 PreSeason (BR)

Jairo Labourt
#10 PreSeason (BR)

Jesus Tinoco
Matt Boyd
Jimmy Cordero
Alberto Tirado
Jake Brentz
Nick Wells

I don't have interest in compiling their stats right now, along with age and level, but would be curious how much they gave up. 10 prospects are 10 prospects, not including any players like Jose Reyes, that they gave up.

If they gave up as much quality as quantity, that's gotta hurt.

Granted Texas gave up a bunch, I suppose.
gigem1223
Well, gonna be another little Rangers fan coming in about 8 months! Will be my first. So excited!
DallasAg 94
quote:
Well, gonna be another little Rangers fan coming in about 8 months! Will be my first. So excited!
Congrats.

Most incredible experience you'll enjoy.

Be cautious... 4 weeks is pretty early to announce. We typically waited until the 11th week.

Prayers your way.
La Fours
AG
Congrats!!
CampingAg
AG
I like how Cole mentioned the Phillies teams of years past being 6 or 7 games out even later than the season than this and making the playoffs, and back when there was only one wild card. I know it's just player-speak, and those Phillies teams probably had more talent, but I'm excited to see if we can hang in there.

Regardless, it's so much better right now compared to last year. 25 games out last year at this time. This season we're still holding out hope, even with the injuries. The team actually has an identity this year.
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 398

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.