Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,077,777 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
Beechcraft AG 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
f yea!!!!!

STROS
SupaManu
AG
quote:
#TOFCTA (Castro The Astro)

Who is this?
Cen-Tex
AG
quote:

quote:
Quote:What are the DBs lookin like?

They gonna be tough or should we roll.

They are 7 - 6 since the All Star break. Swept the Mariners their last series.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
My favorite part of that walk off shot was seeing the guys in the bullpen going nuts.
bkag9824
AG
edit, mm already posted
WES2006AG
AG
What an entertaining series.
miller0926
AG
Nope and I'm willing to bet he's the one DFA'd to make room for Gomez tomorrow
Texaggie7nine
Angels Deserve to Die

7nine
iBrad
AG
So what two players will be dropped from the active roster? 40-man is set.
McGibblets
AG
Singleton and Qualls/sipp/Velasquez would be my guess
miller0926
AG
I'm going with Carter and VV
Ag_07
AG
Just one right?

Domingo was on the 40 man wasn't he?

With Fiers do we go to a six man rotation and give Carter the middle finger?
themissinglink
AG
quote:
So what two players will be dropped from the active roster? 40-man is set.
I believe we only had 39 going into the night (I could be wring on that). I think we can just move Deduno to the 60-day DL and not have to drop anyone.

EDIT: Sorry, we had 40. Domingo gone gives us 39. Moving Deduno to the 60-day DL should still get us to 40.
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
quote:
#TOFCTA (Castro The Astro)

Who is this?
Katee Owen (NSFW)
bigbass1170
AG
At the juice box tonight.

Needless to say, it was pretty awesome
themissinglink
AG

Fail at posting twitter

@ReedDeSalvo: ESPN's Jim Bowden "got a text from (#Astros GM Jeff) Lunhow (Thursday), he's not done." This going to be fun.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
Fail at posting twitter

@ReedDeSalvo: ESPN's Jim Bowden "got a text from (#Astros GM Jeff) Lunhow (Thursday), he's not done." This going to be fun.

Trade deadline is tomorrow-- is that 11:59 PM or.....?
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
quote:
Fail at posting twitter

All trades must be received and approved by league office by 4:00 pm EST. After that, anything requires clearing waivers to trade.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Fail at posting twitter

All trades must be received and approved by league office by 4:00 pm EST. After that, anything requires clearing waivers to trade.

Got it. I know how my afternoon at work will be spent.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Keith Law said Phillips was the only real piece we gave up to MIL and he felt like we definitely got the better end of the deal.

Bowden backed him up and said he loved what Luhnow was doing.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
A note in regards to the Valbuena cups of water to the face. They do that in the dugout after every HR, high fives and then the last in line throws water in their face.
mike_ags_fan12
Who will we get?!?
CAR96
AG
Well Mike Leake is gone to the Giants for two minor leaguers; dude can pitch, but I heard management was not high on him. I wanted him in our rotation bad for the next several years-a good 4th or 5 th starter easy.

Astros have some decisions to make on who to send out.
gougler08
AG
You'd have to think any other deal we do would send another OF as part of the deal

However, Jayson Stark was speculating that the Gomez deal could also be partly to cover for Springer not returning on schedule which would obviously be bad news
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Keith Law said Phillips was the only real piece we gave up to MIL and he felt like we definitely got the better end of the deal.

The only part of the trade that has redeeming value to me is that it isn't a rental. I think between injuries and a lackluster year on both fronts, we overpaid. Hopefully there is a resurgence to his former self surrounded by a few other good hitters for once.

I'm not too hurt about Santana, since I feel he was the odd man out in our OF. I was really high on Hader and especially on Phillips. I saw him and Springer together as the outfield of the future. Paired with Altuve, Correa, Bregman, I saw that as the young core coming together for the next 3-5 years minimum. Hopefully CarGo returns to his AS ways and it turns out great.
shano0603
AG
quote:
Who will we get?!?

Ross, Kimbrel and Upton for VV, Feldman, Carter and a minor leaguer
mazag08
AG
mazag08
AG
quote:
The Astros and Padres are "working on 'something big,'" Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports tweets. It's unclear precisely what is involved, but he notes that Tyson Ross and Craig Kimbrel have both been discussed, with San Diego potentially looking for a center field acquisition.

Marisnick or Rasmus might be gone soon.

Or..

What if they want Gomez?
shano0603
AG
They are wanting to shed $$$. Can't see them doing that and can't see us doing that.
Basketball and Chain
AG
12:44am: The sides are talking, but nothing is close, a source tells Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle (via Twitter).

12:38am: The Astros and Padres are "working on 'something big,'" Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports tweets. It's unclear precisely what is involved, but he notes that Tyson Ross and Craig Kimbrel have both been discussed, with San Diego potentially looking for a center field acquisition.

Ross has been discussed quite heavily as a hotly-pursued trade piece. He's controllable for two more seasons after this one, fairly young, and relatively inexpensive. And Ross has posted rather steady, rather high-quality results for some time now. Much the same could be said of Kimbrel, who is reportedly in play.

Chris Cotillo of SB Nation tweets that Houston center fielder Jake Marisnick is "believed to be in play" in talks. The Astros obviously have a theoretical glut in the outfield after adding Carlos Gomez earlier tonight. Marisnick, who came over in a deadline deal last summer, could conceivably be put to better use as a trade piece with players like Gomez, George Springer, Colby Rasmus, a
Basketball and Chain
AG
Maybe flip Fiers? Pair him with Marisnick and some prospects for Ross and Kimbrel?
Basketball and Chain
AG
Evan Drellich
6m6 minutes ago
Evan Drellich @EvanDrellich
Speculation is definitely out there though, that the Astros and Padres could do something big. "Crane and Luhnow might smell blood in water"
gillom
AG
Way late on this cause of the TexAgs issues...

Im not a huge fan of what we had to give up for Gomez but I think we got better in the short term. I think we gave up too much but he isn't a scrub by any means.

If somehow we turn marisnick into ross, lunhow will be a miracle worker.
mazag08
AG
I know that would be big for this club.. but I really like Marisnick. I think with another offseason he oculd potentially be an above average offensive CF. I'd hate to see him guy, especially with how much he meshes with the team.
BarryProfit
quote:
quote:

The only part of the trade that has redeeming value to me is that it isn't a rental. I think between injuries and a lackluster year on both fronts, we overpaid. Hopefully there is a resurgence to his former self surrounded by a few other good hitters for once.

I'm not too hurt about Santana, since I feel he was the odd man out in our OF. I was really high on Hader and especially on Phillips. I saw him and Springer together as the outfield of the future. Paired with Altuve, Correa, Bregman, I saw that as the young core coming together for the next 3-5 years minimum. Hopefully CarGo returns to his AS ways and it turns out great.

We just drafted the best two OFers in the draft... Not worried about that position.
First Page Last Page
Page 387 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.