2012 Cardinals

8,706 Views | 265 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by PJYoung
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finally got a win, headed to Houston to hopefully gain some ground on CIN.
dcrewint
Snagged Michael Wacha from the Aggies in the draft today. Would be a nice twin tower addition to Wainwright if they sign him!
dcrewint
From his twitter page:

quote:
Excited to be drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals! Dreams do come true and blessed to be spending this night with my family! #cardinalnation
PJYoung
AG
Garcia goes on DL with shoulder strain

Reliever Salas is promoted from Class AAA as a boost to weary bullpen.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/#ixzz1x9C0n600
SA Ag
Is Lynn now officially the bell cow (vs Wainright) of the Cards pitching staff?
PJYoung
AG
Sigh. 2 months with tears.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/garcia-shut-down-with-cuff-labrum-tears/article_00efc130-b193-11e1-b1c6-0019bb30f31a.html#.T9KxfuD1Cro.twitter
dcrewint
I'd expect Shelby to get some condsideration.
PJYoung
AG
Joe Kelly makes his major league debut tomorrow. Leads the pacific coast league with a 2.83 era.
PJYoung
AG
Given an opportunity to promote Dickson, the club instead chose to call up Joe Kelly for Sunday's start against Cleveland. Top prospect Shelby Miller has struggled so far in a year that is supposed to serve as his springboard to the big-league rotation in 2013.

Miller's development has become a secondary story line to the parent club's medical crisis. However, an initial reluctance and eventual inability to sign free agent Roy Oswalt roughly coincided with Jaime Garcia's loss to the disabled list because of shoulder issues. Garcia landed on the DL Thursday, three days after Colorado reached agreement with free agent Jeff Francis following his release by Cincinnati.

The Cardinals once envisioned Miller as an option this summer should one of their starters be lost for an extended period. That vision has been clouded with Miller's harsh baptism at Memphis,where he deals with a 5.18 ERA, erratic velocity and averages less than five innings per start and is 4-4.
PJYoung
AG
http://m.stltoday.com/STL/db_294385/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=7l9CR2YX
PJYoung
AG
Shelby Miller probably going back to AA. Got shelled for 6 ER in 4 innings last night, ERA up to 5.72 now. 9 HR in last 21 innings and has 2 quality starts in last 12 outings.
dcrewint
Cards to sign Wacha pending a physical.
PJYoung
AG
How long does Motte keep his closer role? I am ready to see Boggs, or anybody else, really.
SA Ag
Is the absence of Dave Duncan a factor in the overall relief pitching swoon?
dcrewint
Dave Duncan being gone surely doesn't help.
dcrewint
A much needed win. Lynn becomes first pitcher to 10 wins and Motte holds onto a save against the AL leading hitter(Konerko) getting him doubled up with the tying run on 3rd.

Lynn with a career high 12 k's the start after setting his career high @ 11 k's.

Beltran belts another HR(19th?) to lead the league as well. Other than that the offense was sickly.
PJYoung
AG
Yet another blown save for motte. He has been bad.
SA Ag
A light at the end of the tunnel; Westbrook pitches a dandy game. Skippy is back, Jay and Matt Carpenter due back shortly.

[This message has been edited by SA Ag (edited 6/21/2012 9:05a).]
PJYoung
AG
Motte tries to ruin an epic comeback win but doesnt.

The offense sure looks different with the boys back. Berkman and chris carpenter would be icing on the cake at this point.

I usualy watch these games delayed on dvr but i caught the 9th inning comeback live tonight. Very cool. Felt like an important win.
PJYoung
AG
Last night - lots of weird stuff

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cards-win-a-wild-one-in-miami/article_06785d65-ef96-5d6b-8465-6a8bbac1bd28.html
SA Ag
Waino back to square one.
PJYoung
AG
Losing this series to the pirates makes me sad.

Sigh.
PJYoung
AG
“No one can stop a home run. No one can understand what it really is, unless you have felt it in your own hands and body. As the ball makes its high, long arc beyond the playing field, the diamond and the stands suddenly belong to one man. In that brief, brief time, you are free of all demands and complications.”

- Sadaharu Oh
PJYoung
AG
Allen Craig understands that quote fully. Two 400+ foot bombs last night.
dcrewint
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8124389/lance-berkman-st-louis-cardinals-plans-return-soon-break

Lance possibly back soon!
SA Ag
If Craig keeps slugging at first base, it might impact playing time for Berkman and Matt Carpenter.
dcrewint
With the good comes the bad. Carp shut down for the year with nerve surgery.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8127745/chris-carpenter-st-louis-cardinals-undergo-season-ending-surgery

Time to go shopping.
PJYoung
AG
I wonder who we use as trade bait.

Hope it's somebody like Descalso. No bat.
PJYoung
AG
Carpenter starts at 2nd. Love it.
Aggies
Lance Berkman expects to be back in the St. Louis Cardinals' lineup soon after the All-Star break
PJYoung
AG
Sweeet. Gonna put Allen Craig in a tough spot though and he has been raking.
dcrewint
Trade for Greinke would be nice and sign him for 5 years!
PJYoung
AG
I don't believe they would trade a star like that to a division rival. I guess I could be wrong but it seems like really, really long odds.
PJYoung
AG
dcrewint
I wasn't saying it was likely, just that I would like the move.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.