**Official San Antonio Spurs 2016-2017 Race For Seis**Staff Warning on OP

284,236 Views | 3630 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GatorAg03
Deputy Travis Junior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
phatpat21
Holy Crap Spurs
austin08
S
BarKeep_03
AG
Gold-0wned State
superunknown
AG
superunknown
AG
A Kaw-eer-Hi 35 for Leonard.
Ulrich
superunknown said:

A Kaw-eer-Hi 35 for Leonard.

No. Bad.
Ulrich
jr15aggie
AG
So both GS and OKC are now lesser foes than last year... Thanks KD!
Sports-Ag
Good Poster
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

I think Livingston and Iguodala, who are already a little past their primes, are a year older

Livingston never got to enter his prime
duck79
AG
Anyone think D West walked out of that arena last night saying "Man I should have just taken the 12mil two years ago"
jteagle
AG
Had an early morning of work so I chose not to stay up and watch but it is nice to wake up to an awesome win. It is a pretty good feeling to know that the greatest Spur of all time has left the team in good hands with Kawhi. I hope that this game from Simmons is a preview of what we can expect all year. If that happens there are alot of good things in store for los Spurs this year. As for GS, in the NBA team chemistry is everything. It will take them time just like it took LMA time to fit in last year. They are still the team to beat but the Spurs definitely made a statement.
DuckDown2013
AG
1-0 babayyyyy. Statement win!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Welp, turns out I was completely wrong about Simmons. He looked like a completely different player last night. He was under control and took what came to him. He wasn't the turnover machine that we saw last year. And he played great D on top of it. It was also interesting that Dedmon was +29 last night. He did a great job on the boards and played solid D. Having these two guys to throw at the Warriors defensively makes me feel a lot better about going up against them.

Patty also looked great. Looks like he put in a lot of work in the offseason. He was in '14 finals form. He was all over the court last night and was +35, leading the Spurs in +/-. Add Bertans to the fold, and I couldn't be more excited for our bench this year.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Tursiops93
AG
And keep in mind that the Spurs system requires comfort and trust. You can see how much more comfortable Aldridge and Simmons are now after a year in it. Gasol may not have ever been the best one on one defender, be he will get better as well once he gets comfortable and knows where he needs to be and where his help will come from. This team could be really good this year!!
Frok
AG
Rockets fan here: Was really happy to wake up and see the Spurs destroyed the Warriors
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan
AG
Serious question: are the Warriors the new Suns?

Phoenix under Mike D'antoni had some really good teams by playing a lot of small ball, little to no defense, and just out scoring people. Of course they never made a finals, but this dubs team reminds me a lot of those 2000s Phoenix teams.
DeangeloVickers
AG
It's WAY too early to know much about the Warriors

But that wasn't last year's Golden State. Less defense, less teamwork, and awful rebounding.
Guitarsoup
AG
Durant, Draymond and Iggy are all good defenders.

But this team is going to take a huge step back in defense.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Durant, Draymond and Iggy are all good defenders.

But this team is going to take a huge step back in defense.

Durant is a very average defender. Always has been.

The Suns always had Shawn Marion and other guys who were pretty good defenders, but they had so many holes and no bigs that could protect the rim.

Obviously one game doesn't make a season, but I don't see how they become the same defensive team they were last year.
Good Poster
AG
Durant is a very underrated defender imo
GatorAg03
AG
Rebounding is where I see the biggest concern for the warriors. Spurs were plus 20 there while also dominating scoring in the paint. You can't teach size and they lost a lot of it with the departure of Bogut, Ezeli, and Speights. You can game plan around it a bit, but it leaves little margin for error, especially if you are anything but on fire from outside.

Plus you only have one ball for all the scoring talent. Wouldn't surprise me to see Thompson start playing much more with the second team to get more touches and provide some consistent offense.
saltydog13
AG
Very impressed they kept the lead big and responded with runs whenever GS cut the lead to 10
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG

Magic is probably the single worst follow on Twitter, unless you like laughing at Magic Johnson.
Guitarsoup
AG
dave99ag
AG
That is some awesome Spurs history right there. Next up will be Manu and TP.
DuckDown2013
AG
Let's not forget we didn't get much of a contribution from Gasol last night. I expect him to have some big games and do a lot of work on the boards this season.
aggie_fan13
AG
and bogut
superunknown
AG
Guitarsoup said:

MookieBlaylock
AG
Pretty sure Bowen and Elliot don't really belong there

First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.