**Official Rockets Quest for the Championship Thread III** Staff Warning onOP

487,816 Views | 6483 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr.Bond
Token
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New Season, New Thread

[This thread is for fans of the Rockets to discuss the season and games. Posters that troll this thread will get a ban of 30 days. There is your warning. If you don't read it, that is your problem. Rockets fans are encouraged to use the voting function to alert us to trolling posts. -Staff]

[THIS WARNING HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE. -Staff]

mAgnoliAg
AG
Page 1
TexAgs1992
Uno. Time for liftoff.
CFTXAG10
AG
Its Lit
Olsen
AG
There's literally nobody at this game tonight.
zgood10
AG
I thought Worrell retired
k20dub
AG
Western Conference Semi-Finals, here we come.
CreedBratton
Sup bros?! This is Summit. My old account got banned or something, so I had to make a new one. Looking forward to another season with you crazy fools. #RedNation
agdaddy04
AG
Brewer lighting it up.
CFTXAG10
AG
2-0. Next!
Texaggie7nine
Didn't see the game but looks like anderson skeeted on everyone
7nine
WES2006AG
AG
zgood10 said:

I thought Worrell retired

He is working a reduced schedule.
WES2006AG
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Brewer lighting it up.

It looks like he may have remembered how to play basketball. Time will tell.
CFTXAG10
AG
Averaging 130.5/ppg . Just do that all season and we will be alright.
CFTXAG10
AG
Interesting tidbit: Rockets are headed to Shanghai and Beijing for the Global Games 10/9 and 10/12 against the Pelicans. Since they are out of town the Miami Heat will be practicing at Toyota Center to avoid Hurricane Matthew.
CFTXAG10
AG
Houston Rockets 2016-2017 Roster
James Harden
Patrick Beverley
Eric Gordon
James Anderson
Clint Capela
Montrez Harrell
Chinanu Onuaku
Nene
Sam Dekker
Kyle Wiltjer
Trevor Ariza
KJ McDaniels
Corey Brewer
Bobby Brown
Tyler Ennis
Mike D'Antoni (Head Coach)

(Games to keep an eye on @ home)
10/30 - Dallas - Home Opener
11/12 - San Antonio
12/10 - Dallas
12/20 - San Antonio
12/30 - LA Clippers
1/5 - Oklahoma City
1/20 - Golden State
2/3 - Chicago
3/12 - Cleveland
3/26 - Oklahoma City
3/28 - Golden State

k20dub
AG
WES2006AG
AG
Has there been any more word on D Mo? I know we missed the deadline for our qualifying offer, does this mean he can't resign with the Rockets now?
Dan Scott
AG
Haven't watched either game. So are we good?
coop-aero-06
AG
Shouldn't the title of this thread be:

*** Official Quest for the Opportunity to be Swept by the Warriors in the WCF ***

I mean, that's really the best that any team from the west can hope for, right?

Regardless, I'm in for a fun season.
WES2006AG
AG
Dan Scott said:

Haven't watched either game. So are we good?
At this point I can't see any scenario that doesn't have us winning the championship. Clutch City Baby.
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG said:

Has there been any more word on D Mo? I know we missed the deadline for our qualifying offer, does this mean he can't resign with the Rockets now?
I believe he is still in talks with the Rockets to come back. I think his agent was expecting more $ for D-Mo but his value has gone down due to the failed physical in Detroit and lingering questions about his health. It would be in his best interest to ink a short term deal with Houston, play his a** off, and then try to get paid.

From the Rockets/Morey perspective they have no need to be desperate here. Could easily see Dekker and Wiltjer getting D-Mo's minutes and not really missing a beat.

His qualifying offer of 3.4 million from the Rockets expired October 1st so heres where it stands now:

When a qualifying offer expires, nothing changes except that the player loses one specific option he no longer has a one-year offer on the table which he can accept. He's still restricted, and he can still continue to negotiate with his previous team or any other team. If he wants to sign elsewhere, that team has to sign him to an offer sheet (which must be for at least two seasons, or three of the player's old team gave him a maximum qualifying offer), which the player's prior team can match.

[...] If he doesn't sign with anyone, then of course he doesn't play. But if he ends up not signing anywhere and misses the entire season, he will still be subject to restricted free agency next season. If he wants to be an unrestricted free agent next summer, his only option is to sign a one-year deal [...] either by accepting his qualifying offer before it expires, or by working out a different one-year deal with the team.
WES2006AG
AG
I figured trading Beasley was a sign D Mo was close to resigning. There must be no interest for him around the league if he is still not signed.
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG said:

I figured trading Beasley was a sign D Mo was close to resigning. There must be no interest for him around the league if he is still not signed.
You aren't the only one. I think the Rockets thought the same thing since no offers have come in for D-Mo. It would probably be in his best interest to sign a one year deal in that 3-4 million dollar range, ball out this year, and then chase a big $$$$ deal somewhere else. There are still a lot of free agents out there who haven't inked deals yet so maybe a team gets desperate when they strike out on other options and they give D-Mo an offer sheet. Unlikely, but it could happen. The worst part is if he misses more time and does eventually sign with the Rockets he is missing out on the opportunity to gel with the new guys (Nene, Anderson, Gordon,etc.)
WES2006AG
AG
D Mo looked to be becoming a really solid player until the back injury season before last. I still have hope that his health will improve and he can get back on track somewhere.
CreedBratton
coop-aero-06 said:

Shouldn't the title of this thread be:

*** Official Quest for the Opportunity to be Swept by the Warriors in the WCF ***

I mean, that's really the best that any team from the west can hope for, right?

Regardless, I'm in for a fun season.
How dare you. We would get lucky and win one against them. BELIEVE IN SOMETHING, MAN
Guitarsoup
TajMaballer
AG
Point Beard is going to be a lot of fun. I'm guessing he gets 10 triple doubles this season in a return to his 2014-15 season self.
CreedBratton
Point Beard
WES2006AG
AG
TajMaballer said:

Point Beard is going to be a lot of fun. I'm guessing he gets 10 triple doubles this season in a return to his 2014-15 season self.
I think he will thrive in his new role as long as he can keep the turnovers under control. Not throwing bounce passes at our big men's ankles would be a good start.
coop-aero-06
AG
I have to give credit to Morey for effectively re-naming 2 positions during his tenure.

Those first few years he re-named the Power Forward to "Asset" and now instead of a Point Guard we have either "Point Beard" or "Points Guard".
zgood10
AG
6:30 AM tip
TexAgs1992
Woke up in time to watch the fourth quarter before heading to church. Another great showing by the offense, ball movement was fantastic.
WES2006AG
AG
Harden with 26 and 15 this morning.
Isaih Smollett
Why is he already playing 38 minutes?
Last Page
Page 1 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.