Draymond Green arrested for Assault

3,624 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BBQ4Me
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/07/draymond_green.html
AgPediRPh
AG
Did he kick someone in the balls?
att hello
It really shocks me that a dirty, unstable basketball player can't control his life off of the court.
Iowaggie
AG
His defense will be he always flails his arms and legs like that. It's not his fault someone got in the way.

Sixers_Fan
AG
The beginning of what I will predict is going to be a tumultuous season for the Warriors. Go Sixers.
1, 2, 3-4-5 Sixers!
Creator of the Rojo Meme Workflow
Diet Cokehead
AG
Was hoping he Ray Rice'd a woman, but then realized that's not possible because women don't have balls.
LawHall88
AG
Steven Adams must have pressed charges.
Olsen
AG
Not a very good look on him right now since he's suppose to play on Team USA basketball at the Olympics.
TajMaballer
AG
On the day that maybe the classiest player in NBA history retires, Draymond had to go and steal some of the news cycle.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Green was released on $200 bail, and has 10 days to be arraigned. According to police, the forward was involved in an altercation inside a restaurant around 2:30 a.m. local time. There were no injuries.

Evan Sernoffsky of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Green slapped a fan who was taunting him.

Even if it was reacting to a fan who was behaving badly and pushing his buttons begging to get whacked, not a good look for him and just adds to the reputation. thus far, doesn't look like anything that would affect his situation next season. Maybe a fine and a suspension for a few games.

Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
On the day that maybe the classiest player in NBA history retires, Draymond had to go and steal some of the news cycle.
Per Duncan's style, he probably is pleased if another sporting event 'stole the news cycle'.

From SI article today:

quote:
Duncan hid in plain sight when he was on the court, so his departure was destined to be a non-action event, coming in a press release (with no direct quotes from Duncan or anyone else) from a Spurs public relations department that over the years has figured out how to deal with his Howard Hughes ways. Maybe, just maybe, there will be a press conference down the road, during which a fidgety Duncan will likely be checking the exits after a few vanilla comments.
CactusThomas
AG
quote:
Not a very good look on him right now since he's suppose to play on Team USA basketball at the Olympics.

Charles Barkley is arguably the best representative we have sent to the Olympics. Green's behavior doesn't concern me at all.
Iowaggie
AG
Possibly worse for Green than thought.

The Mich St U corner and his girlfriend may have been choked (out) by Green's comrades.

PatAg
AG
26 year old cornerback, that is transferring from msu to get "more playing time".

I'm sure his side of the story is completely accurate, and he is the victim entirely.
BBQ4Me
AG
No surprise given MSU's track record.
Baylor:Sexual assault::MSU:Physical assault
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
26 year old cornerback, that is transferring from msu to get "more playing time".

I'm sure his side of the story is completely accurate, and he is the victim entirely.
Green shouldn't be putting himself in these kinds of situations, but the cynic in me also doesn't automatically trust the other guy (or his girlfriend) who may be exaggerating things to see if they can extort some money off a rich celebrity.
mazag08
AG
It's easier for people to trust a guy they don't know over a guy who they see every day on the court playing dirty and whining and complaining all the time.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
It's easier for people to trust a guy they don't know over a guy who they see every day on the court playing dirty and whining and complaining all the time.
Yeah I suppose. As I said, I just have gotten cynical of people's motivations in stuff like this, whether they are angling for maybe getting a civil settlement.

You read the guys own quotes. You and your girl get 'choked' and so the next night you AGAIN go out bar hopping in the early morning hours, happen see Green again, and go up and confront him yet again? You were just trying to talk to Green in a nice way to tell him him how uncool he was, and then got sucker punched? Okay whatever...

my default stance when I see a story like this is that Green and this dude are both idiots who got into a bar altercation. But the other dude is a nobody and Green is rich so surely the news of a civil lawsuit is coming as we learn the guy that Green hit now has no chance at an NFL career due to irreparable damage done by Green's smack to his jaw.

quote:
Edmondson said it was his second confrontation with Green, a former Michigan State player, in two nights. He told police that he and his girlfriend were choked Friday night by men who were with Green at Rick's, a bar near campus.

He said he spotted Green the next night and tried to talk to him, according to the police report released to The Associated Press.

''I walk over and I tell Draymond that last night wasn't cool,'' Edmondson, who is from Canton, Ohio, said in an email to police. ''As he responded to me he began to poke me on my shoulder and I tell him that he doesn't need to put his hands on me, we can just talk. As I started to talk again, boom, I'm punched in my jaw.''

He said he had a headache and pain in his neck and jaw.

BBQ4Me
AG
And now he tweets out his dong and claims he was hacked...before admitting he made a mistake.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.