Some important questions regarding the game of HORSE

1,898 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by att hello
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK, what is your preference on the following rules (assume only 2 players playing for simplicity purposes).

1. After the losing players misses to prohibitively earn their final letter ('E'), do you prefer a "Prove it" shot?

2. If so, is it a choice between winning player making it again or losing player getting a 2nd chance to make it?

3. In the event that a winning player misses the "Prove it" shot, does that count as a miss for them (but no letter), with the losing player now allowed to shoot or just a non-shot and although missing the "Prove it" shot, he still gets to attempt a new shot.

4. Do you ever have any restrictions on the number of times you can make a shot? Meaning, the player with the ball just can't keep making free-throws as their shot....merely a boredom rule. (I think this was a pretty local rule growing up because we had one guy who would just shoot 4 footers from the right side).

And unrelated to the above...what shot do you think you have done that has given your opponents the most letters?

Ulrich
1. No prove it shot.
2. Na
3. Na
4. No restrictions, but good etiquette is to mix it up and only use "your" shot to stop a run

My shot is a 35' set shot from the wing
Andy07
AG
1. No Prove it
4. No restrictions but you'll be looked down on if you don't change your shot and no one will want to play with you
agenjake
No prove it shot, but we played where if you get the E you get two chances at a free throw to take the E off.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
No prove it shot, but we played where if you get the E you get two chances at a free throw to take the E off.

Damn it would never end. Or y'all must suck
ATM9000
AG
Jeez dude grow up. That's something you do in middle school.

Typical rules when I play are no to 1-3 and you must shoot elsewhere when a player has staved off a letter from the spot with a make.
agenjake
Well, in my defense I haven't played horse in about 15 years.
agenjake
Damn. 15 years doesn't even put me back in high school.
Ulrich
quote:
Damn. 15 years doesn't even put me back in high school.

One time I said the phrase "yeah, I read that book, it's been a while... probably about 20 years." And then I started shopping for convertibles. That was two years ago.
PatAg
AG
If you are the clown that only shoots one shot in HORSE, then you are the worst. The whole point of the game is to attempt crazy shots.

You also probably make yourself the bank in Monopoly..
att hello
quote:

Yes, two chances the first time. The second time, they get one free throw to remove a letter. After that, it's over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.