Russell Westbrook Trade Ideas

3,890 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheMasterplan
TheMasterplan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OKC has to trade Westbrook yes? Doesn't seem like a ride or die dude for OKC.

Need to get some value for him while you can.

Get it done cubes!!!!!
Deluxe
AG
As an OKC fan, I'd like to see Presti entertain offers for Russ and potentially move him prior to the start of the 2016-17 season. Him leaving now seems like a foregone conclusion and I'd rather get something for him than nothing.

Only issue is who will be willing to give up prime assets for him. To me, only the Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Nets, Celtics, Heat and/or maybe the Bulls would have a shot at re-signing him (seems like he wants to play in a big city/urban epicenter).

If you're the Lakers, would you give up a package featuring Brandon Ingram for him... knowing you could probably get him for free next summer?
Iowaggie
AG
No on the Lakers question for the reason you mentioned.
Having Ingram there helps recruit Westbrook.
BBQ4Me
AG
Russ for Steph
Mr.Bond
AG
Just go to the eastern conference. And seriously I've never been more apathetic towards a professional sports season than I am the 2016-17 nba one. This move basically ruined the NBA for me
TexAgs1992
I would trade Harden for Russ in a heartbeat if Russ would commit to resigning with Houston.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
OKC appears to be the next Milwaukee or Minnesota basketball franchise.
Guitarsoup
AG
Danny Green and Boris Diaw for Westy.

The Westbrook/Pop dynamic would be incredible to watch.
Deluxe
AG
Just for fun:

Clippers get Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love

Cavs get Chris Paul, Steven Adams and picks

Thunder get Kyrie Irving and Blake Griffin
Tressels Vest
AG
If Russ is after money, the team that gets him in a trade is the favorite to resign him. Getting that 5th year is big.
hph6203
AG
Cavs fans riot.
Deluxe
AG
Ha agreed they'd be getting the worse end of it on paper. Overriding factor would have to be Lebron's desire to play with CP3. One underrated factor would be that Adams would avg 20 ppg on lobs alone with Lebron and CP3 feeding him.
cdhaggie07
AG
OKC needs to add as much talent as they can around Westbrook to try and show Russ they can still contend.

Is Russ really going to agree to a long term commitment instead of being courted as a FA? If he doesn't, presti won't get good trade offers. No one will offer a king's ransom without knowing that Russ won't bolt on them in less than a year. OKC is in a really tough spot.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
OKC should try and trade him to one of the top contenders in the West as a massive **** you to Durant and GS. even if it were for a 1 season rental for that particular team. I am talking a trade so lopsided that that team is immediately a massive threat to Golden States chances....like to the Spurs for their 2020 1st round pick and cash, lol

Will never happen i know, but i would laugh hysterically if it did.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Ha agreed they'd be getting the worse end of it on paper. Overriding factor would have to be Lebron's desire to play with CP3. One underrated factor would be that Adams would avg 20 ppg on lobs alone with Lebron and CP3 feeding him.

You think so? My feeling is that the swapping Irving and Love for Paul and Adams is a big upgrade. They take a small to moderate hit on offense, but that's a massive upgrade to their defense (Also, the Cavs weren't maxing Love's skillset anyway so the hit to the offense wouldn't be as big as you'd think).
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Send him to Cleveland. Russ/LeBron vs. KD/Steph/Klay/Draymond = WWIII
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
OKC should try and trade him to one of the top contenders in the West as a massive **** you to Durant and GS. even if it were for a 1 season rental for that particular team. I am talking a trade so lopsided that that team is immediately a massive threat to Golden States chances....like to the Spurs for their 2020 1st round pick and cash, lol

Will never happen i know, but i would laugh hysterically if it did.
Parker for Westbrook and Adams.
TheMasterplan
Thread backfire
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.