Bigger fail: Mavs in '06 or GSW in '16?

3,813 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PatAg
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know all the talk has been about how LeBron willed his team to a title, but this was a MASSIVE flop by Golden State.

As a Mavs fan, I can't imagine they're just "ho hum" about losing 3 games in a row (including 2 at home) to lose to a 25-30 loss Cavs team.

What was worse....losing 2-0 lead to '06 Heat or losing 3-1 lead to '16 Cavs?
Bunk Moreland
3-1 has to be worse for the simple fact that you got to 3. You're one game away, and lost 3 in a row.
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
3-1 has to be worse for the simple fact that you got to 3. You're one game away, and lost 3 in a row.
especially when you add in the fact you do it on the national stage because of the 73 wins during the regular season.

Credit the Cavs for their effort and performance, but losing those 3 games in a row was also a big fail by GSW.
R0GUE
AG
This is a bad topic because the biggest fail is the Mavs in '07. Out in the first round to the ... GSW.

I'm just going to bring it up as a Mavs fan before someone else does. We really shouldn't be involved in so much Schaudenfreude on this board.
Phat32
AG
Why does this board ignore Grizzlies over Spurs in 2011?
Matsui
AG
GSW 2016
PatAg
AG
quote:
This is a bad topic because the biggest fail is the Mavs in '07. Out in the first round to the ... GSW.

I'm just going to bring it up as a Mavs fan before someone else does. We really shouldn't be involved in so much Schaudenfreude on this board.
Well, that's a pretty stupid stance to take. The two series OP references, involve FINALS series, in which a team ends up losing after having a series lead.

We know there is ref corruption in the 06 series, and there was some pretty iffy stuff going on in this years series.
Iowaggie
AG
quote:

Phat32
AG
This thread got PG-13 real quick...and I'm ok with it.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:

Well, that's a pretty stupid stance to take. The two series OP references, involve FINALS series, in which a team ends up losing after having a series lead.

We know there is ref corruption in the 06 series, and there was some pretty iffy stuff going on in this years series.
i only clicked on this thread b/c i knew this would come up almost immediately.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

The spurs had a fantastic start that year, but they had a few bad injuries down the stretch and limped into the playoffs as a 0.500 team over the last quarter of the season . Manu played that first series with one arm (this was back when he was a one man wrecking crew and not just a 15mpg bench player) and either Parker or Duncan (can't remember which) had a knee injury that drastically reduced mobility. The first round exit was a bit surprising (though in retrospect it shouldn't have been given the matchups), but when the playoffs began, nobody expected them to contend for a title.
AgPediRPh
AG
Definitely GSW 2016. No team had ever lost after leading 3-1. Warriors had 2 chances to clinch at home.
Plus, that whole 73 win season...
AggieOO
as a Spurs fan, I'd say the loss to the Heat was a bigger choke job than to the Griz. up 10 after 3 and up 5 with 28 seconds left, up 3-2 in the series. Heat have no timeouts. We were celebrating the championship. James jacks up a three and misses with just over 20 seconds left, but Spurs fail to get the board....heat get it to OT and then take game 7.
Deputy Travis Junior
I think a true choke has to involve dumb/bad play with the lights shining. I guess you could say Manu and Kawhi choked at the ft line by only making one each (though honestly 21 year old, 2nd season Kawhi making 1 of 2 with THAT much pressure on him was kind of impressive), but the rebounds? I'd chalk those up to bad luck. That crap just happens from time to time with the way the basketball unpredictably bounces after missed shots.
AggieOO
i get that, but they still had a chance to win in regulation, OT, AND game 7.
MGS
Have people forgotten about the '16 Thunder????
TexagChris17
AG
Golden State
AggieRAGE
AG
Has to be GSW. mavs did blow a 2-0 lead but GSW was up 2-0 and 3-1 in the series.
LSU Baseball Fan
You could be a Pelicans fan: Our whole franchise is a failure. We couldn't even keep the Jazz in the birthplace of jazz.
R0GUE
AG
At least you get to live in New Orleans.
R0GUE
AG
R0GUE
AG
Double Post
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
As a New Orleans native with lots of family still there: I'm glad I live close enough to visit and I would never live there again.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
As a New Orleans native with lots of family still there: I'm glad I live close enough to visit and I would never live there again.

I still think I'd like it better than living in expensive-ass DC.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I still think I'd like it better than living in expensive-ass DC.
Yeah, wouldn't want to live in DC, either. Taxes, murder, democrats, yankees, humidity. It has everything I don't want.
PatAg
AG
We're contractually obligated to mention it anytime the subject is brought up
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.