***Official Houston Rockets Quest for the Championship Thread II***

511,556 Views | 5949 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hickory High
Hickory High
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Never seen Curry with an airball before
There should be a rule this year where if Curry shoots an airball, the game is over and the opposing team wins.
Houston Summit
AG
That was probably the worst shot I've ever seen Ariza take. That looked like some of the guys on my church league recreational team
Houston Summit
AG
Work tomorrow morning is gonna suck. Curse these west coast games
Hickory High
AG
Blow. It. All. Up.
Hickory High
AG

Diet Cokehead
AG
What's crazy is that GS was off on this game and Houston still didn't keep it close at the end. That's the worst combined game I've seen from Curry/Thompson/Green and they still won. Discouraging for the rest of us NBA fans, even Spurs fans.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
What's crazy is that GS was off on this game and Houston still didn't keep it close at the end. That's the worst combined game I've seen from Curry/Thompson/Green and they still won. Discouraging for the rest of us NBA fans, even Spurs fans.

Well your first mistake was putting any amount of trust in these bums. That's on you.
Diet Cokehead
AG
I know, i know, but things looked good at halftime which gave me some hope.
k20dub
AG
I picked the Warriors at -13.5. They won by 13. **** me. Even when the Rockets lose, they can't lose right
WES2006AG
AG
I wish that game would have just ended when it was tied at the end of 3. Unfortunately there was a 4th quarter and it was a great example of the MANY problems this team has. This team was supposed to be better than last years team, but these guys are terrible, I am ready to blow it up and trade Dwight for whatever you can get. At least KD will be here to lead us to the promised land next season.
Houston Summit
AG
Let's be honest, KD wouldn't touch us with a 10 foot pole. If he came here, we would ruin his career. It's what we do
k20dub
AG
At least we were competitive through 3 quarters. I thought we would get blown out from the beginning. And also give them credit for fighting back after a big deficit after the first quarter. Moral victories.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
Let's be honest, KD wouldn't touch us with a 10 foot pole. If he came here, we would ruin his career. It's what we do

I know KD isn't coming here, but we can always dream.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
At least we were competitive through 3 quarters. I thought we would get blown out from the beginning. And also give them credit for fighting back after a big deficit after the first quarter. Moral victories.

Moral victories...it's all we have now. But you are right after the 1st it looked like it might end up 160-90. Showed some fight but then got destroyed in the first few mins of the 4th without Curry on the floor.
k20dub
AG
Lillard and Bev getting testy
WES2006AG
AG
It feels like we have been down double digits in every game we have played this season.
Hickory High
AG
Didn't even know we were playing, oops
shano0603
AG
Gawd we suck
Dan Scott
AG
After getting our ass kicked at home to Portland, no surprise were getting our ass kicked in their place.

It's time to tank the season im afraid.
WES2006AG
AG
Garbage effort again. Fire everybody.
Hickory High
AG
Morey is fine if he makes moves soon. Anyone who has ever taken a management class knows that it's widely understood that it's impossible to measure personalities. What Morey created should have worked.
Ulrich
quote:
Morey is fine if he makes moves soon. Anyone who has ever taken a management class knows that it's widely understood that it's impossible to measure personalities. What Morey created should have worked.
When you chase every big free agent and your reaction to every shift of the wind is to trade everyone, you are unlikely to build a motivated, effective organization. For all the lionization of Morey, he looks pretty average at this point.
Hickory High
AG
I will agree that what you say is the main frustration I have with him. His obsession with creating a "Big 3" is kinda dumb. But there really isn't a better GM out there that's better at tinkering with rosters and flipping 2nd round picks/stashed foreign players/other assets than Daryl.
Diet Cokehead
AG
quote:
I will agree that what you say is the main frustration I have with him. His obsession with creating a "Big 3" is kinda dumb. But there really isn't a better GM out there that's better at tinkering with rosters and flipping 2nd round picks/stashed foreign players/other assets than Daryl.
Hickory High
AG
Spurs have just gotten a lot luckier with their prospects, which they should for sure be commended for. No mortal man can predict who will pan out and who won't. Take that anyway you want, but it's just true. I stand by my statement.
Guitarsoup
AG
If someone is consistently lucky, maybe it isn't luck.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
If someone is consistently lucky, maybe it isn't luck.

Usually true, but not now. It's still just luck.
Guitarsoup
AG
So a guy who's entire job is about finding talent is the best in the world at finding it and utilizing it is just really really lucky?
Hickory High
AG
quote:
So a guy who's entire job is about finding talent is the best in the world at finding it and utilizing it is just really really lucky?

For the same reason that we found Sergio Llull years ago but could never seem to convince him to come over here. No one knows or could have known. Look I can promise you that I would still think this way if I was a Spurs fan. You're not gonna sway me on this.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Spurs have just gotten a lot luckier with their prospects
I do not agree with this statement.
Ulrich
Mostly, GMs that have Tim Duncan appear really good at talent evaluation. There's something to be said for having your superstar also be the ultimate role model.

I think the Rockets are top half in player evaluation, but it's kind of hard to tell if they are really good at it when they churn through such a huge number of players.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
quote:

Astonishing. How fun that all the Spurs fans are awake and doing that thing where they infest the Rockets thread again.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Mostly, GMs that have Tim Duncan appear really good at talent evaluation. There's something to be said for having your superstar also be the ultimate role model.

I think the Rockets are top half in player evaluation, but it's kind of hard to tell if they are really good at it when they churn through such a huge number of players.
I'd say this is a fair compromise. Here's a more definitive list off the top of my head for Morey
Pros:
-Trade talks
-Thriftiness
-2nd round prospecting
-Asset flipping
-International marketing
-Advanced stats
-International prospecting
-Front office hires

Cons:
-1st round pick track record
-Basketball philosophy
-Judging personalities
Token
AG
morey was an idiot for firing mchale so early in the season. This team needs a real coach, not someone who is younger than jason terry, running the show. Should've had JVG in the wings waiting and then have him coach if you were to fire mchale
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Astonishing. How fun that all the Spurs fans are awake and doing that thing where they infest the Rockets thread again.
I actually just got done skyping my wife, that's the reason I'm up.

Also, I'm hardly ever in the Rockets thread. Settle down.

I don't think you can attribute the Spurs' hit rate on foreign prospects to pure luck. I'm sure there's some "right place right time," aspect to it, but it's also a matter of finding guys that are not only good, but a good fit for SA's system and culture. You don't just luck into success like that, I'm sorry.

I don't say this to slight Morey at all, either. I don't care enough about him to hate on him. Perhaps they just haven't hit on the right fit yet. Personally I liked Scola being on y'all's team. Not sure how he was perceived by Houston fans in general, but he did seem to buy in to what y'all were doing. Top prospects are out there to be had, just a matter of figuring out what's best for HOU.
First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 171

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.