They will erect a statue of Tim Duncan...

7,460 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by TheDino
jock1020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...and it will look like this.

Gigem Trevas
Was it me????? I didn't do it.
Diet Cokehead
AG
sharkenleo
Diet Cokehead
AG
It's funny that the OP started this thread on a night that Spurs aren't even playing.

Talk about butt hurtedness.
jock1020
AG
quote:
It's funny that the OP started this thread on a night that Spurs aren't even playing.

Talk about butt hurtedness.

Why U mad? I actually noticed that teams were starting to wear throwbacks to their ABA days. Spurs will be wearing their Dallas Chaparral's jerseys. And I remembered that the Spurs said they were not going to wear jersey's that said "Dallas" (Which is what the jerseys would have said). Then I got to thinking of Tim Duncan, and isn't this the face you think of when you think Tim Duncan? It doesn't matter that they aren't playing tonight. And you don't know that I'm not a Spurs fan.

[This message has been edited by jock1020 (edited 2/10/2012 9:41p).]

[This message has been edited by jock1020 (edited 2/10/2012 9:42p).]
discobrob
AG
No. I think of championships.
sharkenleo
^
Gigem Trevas

TheDino
AG
Jock, I have to think you're trolling here. But, what the heck, I'll bite.

If that's what you think when you hear Tim Duncan, then you hate basketball.

This is what I think of:

4 time NBA Champion
3 Time Finals MVP
2 Time MVP
Rookie of the Year
13 Time All Star
13 All Defense Selections

But more importantly... I think of Humble Superstar. The guy is the definition of Team Player. One of the greatest fundamental players of the game. Ever.

If you're trolling, you got me. If you're some sort of bitter hater, quietly GTFO.
TheDino
AG
Oh, and you're not a Spurs fan.
jock1020
AG
^ your good.

But when I thing of the spurs I think whiners. Parker Manu and true to form, Duncan is the MVP.
Gigem Trevas
Every team has whiners on it, but Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker seem to do it more than most.
TheDino
AG
K. You're not worth the argument. The Spurs can mean whatever they want to you.

I know what they mean to me. Go Spurs.
TheDino
AG
Give me a break Trevas. I don't know how you can say that. You're right that every team whines. Every player whines.

The Spurs more than the rest? Ok.
Gigem Trevas
Watching the series' when they played the Mavs year after year their whining stuck out to me more than the Mavs. Last year when they got beat by the Grizzlies the Spurs always seemed to complain more than the Grizzlies.

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 2/10/2012 11:09p).]
jock1020
AG
I'm glad they mean so much to you Dino. It was meant as a joke. I've obviously offended your child. This is just coming from an observer who has watch Tim Duncan play all his life. And this is deffinately an opinion that has been around for a while.
TheDino
AG
You didn't offend me. Not in the least. You told me what you think of when you hear Tim Duncan. I told you what I think of when I hear Tim Duncan.

No?
Gigem Trevas
So sad that you were arguing against someone who likes the same team as you.
Original Toad Boy
It only took purposely sandbagging a whole season to make the ****hole of San Antoine relevant..
TheDino
AG
And jock, you say you've watched him play all your life....

When you hear "Tim Duncan" you think of him whining? After all you have seen him do in his career? That's what you think of?
jock1020
AG
No. I am neither a troll nor a bitter hater. But apparently when I brought up this topic I had to be one
TheDino
AG
You got me.
Gigem Trevas
Have you seen Duncan after every foul call?

http://bit.ly/whIXq5
jock1020
AG
quote:

And jock, you say you've watched him play all your life....

When you hear "Tim Duncan" you think of him whining? After all you have seen him do in his career? That's what you think of?

Duncan is an all time great. No question about it. And yes, after all my years of observing time Duncan, #1 - He's an all-timer. And right behind that at #2 - He whines. Those are the 2 things that I think of.

Can't help it.

[This message has been edited by jock1020 (edited 2/10/2012 11:28p).]
TheDino
AG
Have you seen the majority of every NBA player after a foul call?

This argument is impossible to win. Yes, Tim argues calls. Every player argues calls. Yes, even the Grizzlies' players argue calls.
Gigem Trevas
I don't deny that the Grizzlies argue calls. I thought the series between the Spurs and Grizzlies last year was officiated fairly. I felt less so about the Thunder and Grizzlies. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were practically untouchable.
[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 2/10/2012 11:29p).]

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 2/10/2012 11:30p).]
TheDino
AG
And jock, that's cool.
Ulrich
When I think of Duncan, I remember the 2002-2003 season.
Regular season averages:
23.3 points
12.9 rebounds
3.9 assists
2.9 blocks
51% from the field

Then in the playoffs:
24.7 points
15.4 rebounds
5.3 assists
3.3 blocks
53% from the field

Regular season MVP, NBA finals MVP, 1st team all-star, 1st team all defense, and clinched his second title with a 21 point, 20 rebound, 10 assist, 8 block game. Such a dominant player without being a flashy prima donna. He had an astounding regular season, then improved in every major statistical category on the way to his 2nd of 4 titles. The fact that he raises his arms when he thinks a call is questionable is hardly enough to tarnish that reputation, especially in an era with b*tches like Chris Paul and Rasheed Wallace.

[This message has been edited by Ulrich (edited 2/10/2012 11:37p).]
Gigem Trevas
I agree that he is an all-time great and no doubt HOFer, but that does not mean that the man does not whine like a girl after foul calls.
jock1020
AG
I watch a lot of basketball. I watch all teams. Not just the ones that I have a rooting interest in. And from my observances, I strongly believe that Tim Duncan whines more than your average superstar. This is coming from an outside observer.

But people do write articles about Tim Duncan...

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2008/04/word-of-day-duncan-face.html
jock1020
AG
This article started out as a joke pointing out that Tim whines alot. It remains so. As of right now, he's the best power forward ever. We don't need to turn this into a box score of his accomplishments.
sharkenleo
this thread
jock1020
AG
^that was the whole point, to make people smile
Gigem Trevas
Spurs fans get riled up so easily when someone mentions something wrong with the almighty Tim Duncan.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.