They will erect a statue of Tim Duncan...

7,565 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by TheDino
TheDino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That tattoo plays better basketball than Dick Jefferson.
SanAntonioAg09
In his defense, with those tiny ears he probably can't ever hear the playcalls.
TheDino
AG
I just watched that clip from Duncan's ejection. That was so bizarre.

In a span of 40 seconds the Spurs were called for 4 fouls and 2 technical fouls.

I remember watching this when it happened, thinking to myself "you have got to be kidding me....."
Enzo The Baker
AG
Tim Duncan also lift's is arm saying 'it's me' more than anyone in the league. So shouldn't it, in effect, be a wash?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Parker hits three fts to go up 6 with 21 secs.
Aggies2009
AG
People are going to remember Duncan how they want to. Spurs fans will remember him as a great player (top 10 all-time) while Mavs fans will remember him as a whiner. That's just human nature. I'm a Mavs fan and it's hard to discredit his talent/fundamentals/skill. He's definitely Top 20 all-time, maybe even Top 10. But the complaining he does sticks out to me more than it would a Spurs fan. Ginobili complains/flops quite a bit too, although Spurs fans are willing to overlook it because of his skill while Mavs fans will play it up to discredit his skill. Just how it is. I'm sure Dirk and other Mavs whine/flop a lot to Spurs fans, but to me Dirk's a great player, a winner, etc.

Either way, Duncan's had a great career, and so has Dirk. We don't have to have pissing contests to say who's better than who. The Mavs championship this past year was more than enough for me after all the years of heartbreak and whatnot (especially 06 and since it was against the Heat who now added LeBron who I can't stand anymore). Dirk doesn't have to be better all-time than Duncan, the Mavs don't have to have more championships, etc. for me to be happy with my team now.

It's crazy what that championship did for me haha
SanAntonioAg09
quote:
We don't have to have pissing contests to say who's better than who.

You're right, because we all know Duncan has had a better career.
TheDino
AG
Ha, I laughed.

But 2009, I tend to agree with most everything you said.
Aggies2009
AG
quote:
You're right, because we all know Duncan has had a better career.

Yeah, and there are handfuls of players who have had "better careers" than Duncan, who have won more titles, who don't whine about calls, etc. So what? Would you trade Duncan and all he's done for the Spurs for any of them? I think not.
BBQ4Me
AG
I'm a Spurs and Duncan fan, but he does have the incredulous look of "OMG, a foul?!?" too often. That being said, he's one of the best players of all-time. Not every superstar is immune from acts of ******baggery (e.g., Jordan, Randy Moss, etc)
Tulsa 79
AG
Seriously, how good could he be? He only won the rookie of the year award once.
Sher Thing
AG
Duncan had a run there for about 3 or 4 years where he was whining a lot at the refs but that has been over now for a few years. You obviously don't watch the Spurs if you didn't know that.
Gigem Trevas
You are right I do not watch the Spurs because I am not a Spurs fan. The last Spurs game I saw was the Grizzlies vs Spurs Game 6.
TheDino
AG
Don't remind me Trevas!
Gigem Trevas
In all honesty though the Grizzlies were much better than an 8th seed last year. They looked closer to 5 or 6 than 8.
Obi Wan Ginobili
quote:
Yeah, and there are handfuls of players who have had "better careers" than Duncan, who have won more titles,

handfuls, huh? i assume a handful is five, correct? so let's just assume, at a minimum, you mean two handfuls (ten people, just so your slow ass can keep up). please, for the love of all that is holy, please name ten people who had "better careers" than TD
Andy07
AG
"I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."

-Ron Artest
Houston Summit
AG
LOL at all the defensive Spurs fans who can't take a joke
Gigem Trevas
I know, it's pathetic how uptight Spurs fans get over TD.
sharkenleo
It's pathetic how every Texas fanbase feels the need to call the other Texas fanbases pathetic.
sharkenleo
I mean can't we all just get along? Come on guys, bring it in for a hug.
atfarmer
quote:
In all honesty though the Grizzlies were much better than an 8th seed last year. They looked closer to 5 or 6 than 8.

2 games separated the 8th and 6th seeds, and another 2 separated the 5th and 8th. The west was crazy tight last year.

The Spurs were a bit of a fraud last year. A hot backcourt and great shooting masked their front court holes during the regular season, but that stuff never flies in a 7 game series in which the other team & coaches have plenty of time to scout and get used to play styles. The fact that we drew an 8 seed with such a strong front court only quickened the inevitable.

I'd say the same about this year, but Splitter is looking a lot better and there aren't any dominant, championship-caliber teams in the west this season. The Thunder are close, but they're young and I could see Pop completely mind ****ing Brooks.
sharkenleo
Whos Juan
AG
Boots over Delaware
AG
GPFOAT
TefIon Don
AG
Stretch mark Timmy.
TheDino
AG
What a whiner.
Ganondorf
AG
GPFOAT. People hate on Tim because he isn't flashy, doesn't live above the rim, and plays basketball the way Naismith created it. Everyone whines about calls because in basketball you never think it's you. From the SI Vault: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1174796/1/16/index.htm. Granted Tim, Manu and SJax make this list but so do Dirk, Kobe, Paul Pierce, Perkins, Ray Allen (3 Celtics here), Lebron, Melo, Dwight, etc. Free throws can win or lose games so everyone argues.

From Shaq:

The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and then say, “Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass.”

You gotta love that. I used to say Duncan and I were like two mafia bosses. I was the loud East Coast boss, taking names, knocking heads. Tim was the laid-back, one-hundred-acre farm don. Nobody knows what he does, he’s the chill mafia guy, but we both know how to carry out a hit. I was jealous of guys like Duncan and Kevin Garnett, who got to do stuff like face up and shimmy.

(edited for formatting)

[This message has been edited by Ganondorf (edited 4/20/2012 9:36a).]
TheDino
AG
Shaq is hilarious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.