They will erect a statue of Tim Duncan...

7,461 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by TheDino
TheDino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed Shark. I had a good laugh when I read it through again.
TheDino
AG
Not really riled up, just think it's funny that his accomplishments are discounted because you think he whines too much.
Gigem Trevas
I have not once questioned his playing ability all I have mentioned is that he whines after foul calls.
sharkenleo
jock1020
AG
Please quote where I have discounted his ability. Now this is getting over protective.
atfarmer
On most fouls, he raises an arm to claim it or does nothing at all. Yes he *****es sometimes, but literally everybody does. I will agree that the routine he does when he's contesting a call can get old.

That's pretty low on the list of important ****, though.
sharkenleo
TheDino
AG
Shark, you're cracking me up. Stop it.
sharkenleo
Gigem Trevas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gYLjMsdwjk&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdpsR-lLNDg&feature=related

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 2/11/2012 12:15a).]
TheDino
AG
Damn. I hate seeing that second video. That injury had to hurt.

And what bad timing. Wish he could of avoided that and been healthy for the playoffs.
Gigem Trevas
I do not doubt that it hurt, but it was a combination of trying to draw a foul and just plain bad luck.
SA-AG72
AG
Hey d i p s h i t s, if it takes whining to win 4 championships the joke is on you. You may call TD a whiner but he will be in the record books as a Winner not mentioning a multi-millionaire that has jocks more meaningful than you low lifes taking jabs at him.

[This message has been edited by SA-AG72 (edited 2/13/2012 7:45p).]
Gigem Trevas
Why do SA fans defend Tim Duncan like he is holy and divine?
TheDino
AG
I defend him because I'm a fan of his.

Why do you care so much about him?

[This message has been edited by TheDino (edited 2/13/2012 9:20p).]
SanAntonioAg09
quote:
Why do SA fans defend Tim Duncan like he is holy and divine?

You might want to check out the threads about Dirk. This isn't unique to one fanbase.
R0GUE
AG
Yeh but Dirk is actually good.

KIDDING!!!! Sheesh.
SanAntonioAg09
Hell I don't care one way or the other. People act like it's a surprise when fanbases defend their franchise's superstar.
beerad12man
AG
quote:
Spurs fans get riled up so easily when someone mentions something wrong with the almighty Tim Duncan.

Every fan base does it with their star players, moron.
beerad12man
AG
And Dirk whines every bit as much as Duncan, freaking imbeciles.
Gigem Trevas
I am not a Mavs fan but Dirk was far more important to the Mavs championship than Tim Duncan was. Duncan had David Robinson and now has Ginobli and Parker. Dirk had Kidd and Terry who are nowhere near the all star caliber of those two Spurs players.
TheDino
AG
Oh geeze. Now you're bringing up a completely different issue. You're talking about whining, then you change to Duncan wasn't that important to the spurs championships. Give me a break.

We get it. You don't like Tim Duncan.
Gigem Trevas
I did not say he was not important I said he was not as important as Dirk was to the Mavs.
TheDino
AG
Ok.
SanAntonioAg09
Duncan brought the defense that Chandler brought to the Mavericks (which they could never win without) and on top of that was a cornerstone of the offense.

So, you can argue he may be less important offensively than Dirk if you want, but he had much more of an impact on the team overall.
TheDino
AG
But he whines. Like a lot.
Yu Darvish
this duncan vs. dirk argument is dumb... duncan is historically the better player but it's really tough to judge their impact on the respective title runs. Dirk won it all in his 13th season were as Duncan won it in his 2nd, 6th, 8th, and 10th seasons. Also their games are pretty different. (Duncan did affect both ends more though - Captain Obvious)

[This message has been edited by Yu Darvish (edited 2/13/2012 10:55p).]
SanAntonioAg09
I've never cared if a player whines or flops. If they're winning games for their team who cares. As long as they aren't a locker room cancer or clotheslining people like Bynum, whatever. They're still getting paid millions to play a game for a living, so they're obviously doing something right.

If you have that big of a problem with it, then you should be mad at the NBA for not calling technical fouls every time a player responds to a ref. But then you'd whine about that too.
Gigem Trevas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOygTd1NWCM
SanAntonioAg09
That was pretty funny. I still can't believe that happened. I wish Duncan would've walked right up to him and farted on him the next time he was a ref. I'd like to see an article about him getting ejected for cropdusting the ref.
Gigem Trevas
Thought it was a bs call. I hate how some NBA refs have vendettas against certain players, and that dictates how they call certain plays.
TheDino
AG
Yu. I agree about the Duncan vs Dirk argument. Very different animals.

This thread is just silly. First, people claim Tim is mostly known for his whining. Not his career accomplishments. Then people can't believe Spurs fans defend Tim Duncan. Then it's turned into a Duncan vs. Dirk debate.

Now what? You don't like Duncan because he has a wizard tattoo?
SanAntonioAg09
That tattoo is awesome. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a valid opinion.
TheDino
AG
True. I mean who doesn't like a wizard tattoo?
SanAntonioAg09
Anything is better than that stupid tattoo Jefferson has. It looks like a 4 year old drew it.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.