*** Other European Soccer 2023/24 ***

1,635 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by deadbq03
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thread will be a catch-all for any European soccer topic that doesn't merit having its own thread.

Example topics I hope this provides a home for:
  • Lesser UEFA club competitions such as Europa League and Conference League
  • Lesser UEFA international competitions such as Nations League or WCQ
  • Teams/leagues that don't already have a thread **

Disallowed topics:
  • USMNT players... we have threads to discuss their news.
  • UEFA EUROs - they always get their own thread
  • Premier League - it has its own thread(s)
  • Champions League - it always gets it own threads
  • Basically anything related specifically to a club/league/competition that has its own thread **

** Both of these are obviously a moving target. I think some topics that happen here may end up meriting their own thread (like the new AC Milan thread - many of us are interested in them now that they've got two of our USMNT stars). The converse is also true I think... I'd humbly suggest that if a team/league thread ever falls off the 1st page, we might consider just posting about it here. I won't point fingers because I promise 3 are pointing back at me (and the frequently sad Bundesliga thread).
oragator
oragator

Not Europe, but didn't see a Brazil thread.
AGC
AG
Can we talk about Jude Bellingham here? Had a banger on the weekend in el clsico and has 13 goals in 13 games right now. Also impressive for England in their match against Italy, earning Kane's pk and carrying the ball up the field for the second goal.

I never would have predicted this after watching him at Dortmund.
Rudyjax
AG
Is there a reason why PSG plays at 9pm tonight?
I'm not too familiar with the the french league. Is that normal to play so late?
TXAggie2011
AG
Rudyjax said:

Is there a reason why PSG plays at 9pm tonight?
I'm not too familiar with the the french league. Is that normal to play so late?
I think some La Liga games start as late as 10pm local time. French/Spanish/Italians tend to do things much later in the evening than we're used to.
TXAggie2011
AG
AGC said:

Can we talk about Jude Bellingham here? Had a banger on the weekend in el clsico and has 13 goals in 13 games right now. Also impressive for England in their match against Italy, earning Kane's pk and carrying the ball up the field for the second goal.

He's simply unreal. I *think* the goals will slow down eventually, it seems anytime he takes a shot, it goes in.

Also, let's give a shout to Sehrou Guirrasy at Stuttgart. He's an actual striker and he's no Bellingham, of course, but 14 goals in 8 league matches. 14 of his 17 shots on target have scored.
texagbeliever
TXAggie2011 said:

AGC said:

He's simply unreal. I *think* the goals will slow down eventually, it seems anytime he takes a shot, it goes in.

Also, let's give a shout to Sehrou Guirrasy at Stuttgart. He's an actual striker and he's no Bellingham, of course, but 14 goals in 8 league matches. 14 of his 17 shots on target have scored.
Sounds like this kid has a future to be sold by Chelsea in 4 years back to the Bundesliga where he becomes the next great star!
AGC
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

AGC said:

I will look for him on ESPN+. He's not getting much play in Spanish papers as a target for barca or Real.
deadbq03
AG
He's rumored to have a release clause in the region of 15-20M euro. He's gonna fly off the shelf in January.
oragator
oragator
oragator
Hamburg I think.

deadbq03
AG
Hamburg, for sure, but it's super confusing that the commentary is in Russian or whatever variant that is.

Every time I see Hamburg I can't help but remember when I thought Bobby Wood was gonna be awesome because he played there.
deadbq03
AG
I'm behind in my feed so I'm sure most of yall have already seen this, but I couldn't help but watch this over and over.

deadbq03
AG
Fascinating German Cup this year. Leverkusen and Stuttgart are doing well in the league so it's not like there aren't solid teams left, but this is an interesting factoid:

deadbq03
AG
Also - any bets on who poaches Guirassy from Stuttgart? He's as good as gone this January IMO.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.