Bob Bradley officially named Manager at Swansea!

1,644 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr. White
jay040
How long do you want to ignore this user?

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-appoint-bob-bradley-manager-francesco-guidolin-3343952.aspx

Swansea City can confirm that the club has parted company with manager Francesco Guidolin.
He will be replaced by former USA national team manager Bob Bradley with the club having agreed his release from French club Le Havre after their fixture with Sochaux tonight.

An American managing in the EPL!!! Swansea City are currently sitting at 17th - 1 above relegation.
who?mikejones
Kampfers
AG
I'd avoid any euro-based commentary of the news of you want to keep your sanity.

Hope Bob crushes it. **** the haters
akm91
AG
Congrats to Bradley! He gets his wish to manage in a top league!
Out in Left Field
jeffk
AG
Kampfers said:

I'd avoid any euro-based commentary of the news of you want to keep your sanity.

Hope Bob crushes it. **** the haters

Yeah, they're melting down over there. Apparently having a Yank coach is some unfathomable move (in their defense, Bradley is the first American to coach at this level).

Hope he kills it and makes the limey *******s eat their words.
Terk
AG
Congrats Bob!! Give 'em hell and **** THE HATERS!
Dre_00
My favorite thus far is the opinion that Giggs is the better option because he played 950 some games with Man United and that Bradley only got the job because of Swansea's American owners.

I'm sure that last part probably had an influence but no way Giggs is more qualified.
Mr. White
I'm a Swansea fan. For now.
titanmaster_race
How long til M. Bradley gets a transfer to Swansea?
OregonAggie
AG
Mr. White said:

I'm a Swansea fan. For now.

Me too. Hopefully he can garner some respect, albeit doubtful, for american coaches overseas.
akm91
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Not likely to happen, given the optics. However, maybe someone like Boyd, Rubino or Miyazga may get some interest during the transfer window (not sure how that would work with Miyazga's current loan to Vitesse).
Dre_00
Read this first topic in this link. You'll get an English defense of Bradley over Giggs in response to an English dismissal of Bradley. Sums it up quite well in my opinion.

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-justice-for-poor-ryan-giggs
titanmaster_race
akm91 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Not likely to happen, given the optics. However, maybe someone like Boyd, Rubino or Miyazga may get some interest during the transfer window (not sure how that would work with Miyazga's current loan to Vitesse).

It was a joke.
Kampfers
AG
akm91 said:

titanmaster_race said:

wat
Kampfers
AG
Dre_00 said:

Read this first topic in this link. You'll get an English defense of Bradley over Giggs in response to an English dismissal of Bradley. Sums it up quite well in my opinion.

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-justice-for-poor-ryan-giggs
Good article. I was also pleasantly surprised that a lot of norwegian fans (not even all stebaek fans) showed up to defend him.

Rosenborg fan
Molde fan
Stabaek fan

Of course they were largely overshadowed by the mass contingent of brits moaning like the pundits in the article linked above, which goes to show that just because your country invented the game doesn't mean you know **** about it.
JoeOlson
AG
In their mind, this is the David Blatt hire
TheMasterplan
I wish him all the best at Swansea and hope he does well.

Still, starting clark and bornstein against Ghana?
PJD Ag 10
AG
I think he will do well.
jeffk
AG
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/bob-bradley-and-british-footballs-distasteful-distrust-american-managers?utm_m_medium=t&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Pretty good summary of the anti-American Euro bias.
Mr. White
Game day
Mr. White
That was fun. Home against Watford (or is it WBA?) will be a better measure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.