USMNT v Mexico, November 11, 2016

32,209 Views | 459 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sooner Born said:

I'm beginning to notice that Klinnsman really relies on some very diverse elements such as: fear, surprise, a ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice white uniforms.

Quite unexpected.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Bradley should be a defensive stopper for the USMNT. Despite the result, I was encouraged by the young kids on the squad. Wood and Pulisic showed out.
jay040
Can someone explain how the winning goal by Mexico was on Brooks instead of Jozy? I couldn't see how that was possible from watching the replay, but Guzan was yelling at Jozy, it looked like his man, but Jurgen blamed Brooks.
LeonardSkinner
jay040 said:

Can someone explain how the winning goal by Mexico was on Brooks instead of Jozy? I couldn't see how that was possible from watching the replay, but Guzan was yelling at Jozy, it looked like his man, but Jurgen blamed Brooks.

I think what I saw was that Brooks was marking Marquez, and when he went to the front post, Brooks either ran into Altidore or backed off thinking Altidore would pick up the mark.
PatAg
AG
aggie kid said:

jay040 said:

I think what I saw was that Brooks was marking Marquez, and when he went to the front post, Brooks either ran into Altidore or backed off thinking Altidore would pick up the mark.
That is what I saw as well. We will probably never know for sure who was at fault. Whether we had Brooks patrolling a zone, or if he was supposed to just follow Marquez anywhere he went. It seems more likely to me that Jozy was just playing the front post cross, and Brooks was supposed to be man on Marquez..which means they both dropped the ball.
jeffk
AG
Zonal marking sucks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.