******BTHO Vanderbilt******

4,680 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mullokmotx
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thursday Night's Alright For Soccer. The Aggies are in Nashville to take on the Vanderbilt Commodores at 7PM. After a 9 game home-stand, this is the first trip away from College Station for the 2016 Aggie squad.

Vanderbilt sits in their traditional spot in the bottom quadrant of the SEC. They're not good, but at least they aren't as bad as Mississippi State. Vanderbilt beat State in double overtime on Sunday to propel themselves to a 5-4 overall record and a 1-1 mark in conference. Vandy lost the conference opener at Auburn 1-2.

Their 4 other wins came over teams that you couldn't name the mascot for. And so did one of their losses: Anyone know Lipscomb's mascot?

The Aggies have a common non-conference opponent in Florida State, who Vanderbilt hosted in August and lost to 0-3.

Vanderbilt hasn't updated the stats on their website, like some jerks, but it looks like Sasha Gray leads the team in goals with 4. Grace Jackson has 3 goals along with a team high 5 assists.

The Aggies are 7-0 all-time against Vanderbilt, including last year's 1-0 nailbiter.

As evidenced by last year, you can't have an off day in the SEC, even against the lower level teams. The Aggies are looking for a scoring spark with so many pieces dinged up on the bench. It would be nice to see a big-time 5-0 win tonight, but things are likely to play out more similar to what we saw last year against Vanderbilt.
CDub06
AG
And just because the game is in Nashville, doesn't mean there aren't any...

...PROMOTIONS!!

Social Media Night
  • Snapchat filter and "selfie" photograph station with props
redd38
AG
Looks like Bates made the trip to Nashville. Could mean nothing, could mean something.
missinAggieland
AG
My daughter's soccer team will be in attendance. She will be one of just a few of her teammates cheering on the Aggies. And she will be in her Aggie soccer jersey from camp! So excited that the Ags play in Nashville every so often.
aggie orbitalwelder
Having trouble with sound
redd38
AG
Harvey didn't start
redd38
AG
quote:
Having trouble with sound

Working for me
redd38
AG
We're giving up too many corners this year. Two already and we're lucky Vandy didn't score on the second one.
aggie orbitalwelder
Re Bootting !!!!!!!!
aggie orbitalwelder
Working now
Penaltykick
Rough start so far. Harvey out of the line up at the last minute is a huge blow, especially already without Malherbe, Bates and Hajdu. And I just realized Harryman isn't on the field, either.
redd38
AG
quote:
Rough start so far. Harvey out of the line up at the last minute is a huge blow, especially already without Malherbe, Bates and Hajdu. And I just realized Harryman isn't on the field, either.

Plus no Watt. Such a different team from last year right now.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Pretty poor start. Ball was on our side a **** ton.
Penaltykick
Yes - I forgot to include Watt. Another one we could sure use!
redd38
AG
Great play by Rice
redd38
AG
Not our worst half of the year, but definitely a bad half. Not sure what we can do with the personnel available though. Going to need more minutes from Arrieta if we don't want this to end in a 0-0 tie.
mullokmotx
AG
No corners tonight which is one indicator of how our offense has been. Mikaela back on.
Expert Analysis
AG
Any details on Harvey? She was in the starting lineup minutes before the game. Surprised bates traveled with the team. Pretty sure Hadju is still in college station.
Interesting stat from the announcers was that Grace Piper is leading us in minutes. To start the season we had great depth, that is benefiting us now with all these injuries.
redd38
AG
quote:
Interesting stat from the announcers was that Grace Piper is leading us in minutes.

That shocked me and I suspect their info might be incorrect, I intended to confirm it later.

Harvey is in to start the second half.
redd38
AG
quote:
No corners tonight which is one indicator of how our offense has been. Mikaela back on.

Yep, and only 1 shot.
redd38
AG
Vandy scores on a free kick from basically the corner kick spot.
Expert Analysis
AG
I already checked, and they are correct. I think she has played every minute since she came in for steph against FSU.
redd38
AG
Like 75% of our kicks are just to nobody. So many wasted opportunities.
redd38
AG
quote:
I already checked, and they are correct. I think she has played every minute since she came in for steph against FSU.

That's crazy
redd38
AG
Wow, what a crazy series, unfortunate that we didn't get a goal or a PK. Harvey got a yellow for getting in the ref's face though.
Vepp
We look tired
redd38
AG
Walton would have been a hero if she had scored that goal. They would have named a dorm on campus after her!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
We look tired

Agreed
Jimma
After the couple of touch fouls called against A&M at the start of the second half and the lack of calls against Vanderbilt in the box it has the appearance that the ref is not on the up and up.
Vepp
That ref really doesn't like how Harvey plays. Personally, I like the scrappiness
Expert Analysis
AG
quote:
Wow, what a crazy series, unfortunate that we didn't get a goal or a PK. Harvey got a yellow for getting in the ref's face though.

Stupid card on her part, needs to control her temper and let the ref know what's up without yelling right at him. Could cost us later in the year unless they revised the stupid cumulative yellow card rules.
redd38
AG
Jon's letting the ref hear about it
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
We look tired

Agreed

Of course we're tired, we have to chase down every pass. :/
Vepp
He should. This guy has been really ticky-tack the whole night.
redd38
AG
Vandy player has a hand full of Aggie jersey and it's a foul on the Aggie
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.