RPI #26

955 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mullokmotx
Perplexed Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First look has the Aggies right at 26 or 27. The two close losses to UCLA and FSU didn't help much. FSU just lost to So. Alabama to boot. This weekends road trip is critical. Can't pull the double losses that happened on last years first weekend trip and expect to recover.

Aggies need some offense, and yes I am still concerned about our lack of offense. If we get behind in conf play I am fearful of the inability to score when needed.
mullokmotx
AG
FSU and UCLA have rpi's of 15 and 14 respectively so we didn't get the strength of schedule impact we thought. The average rpi of our non conference opponents is 116, of our SEC opponents is 58. USC is currently #5..
We dropped in the coaches poll from 8 to 14. I wonder if the coaches saw that Emily is injured and think we are going to have even more trouble scoring goals. In the other 2 polls I look at we are #16 in Top Drawer Soccer, but they have USC at 22. In the Hero/Bennett ranking we are 21, but that poll has Arkansas at 33.
HiddenAg2
Yeah, I'm not sure I've ever seen a school drop 6 spots in a poll after winning both their games over the previous weekend. Maybe the coaches are paying more attention to these games than I thought and know that A&M has a bunch of injuries.
mullokmotx
AG
Our rpi dropped to 61 after last weekend. I don't think we have been that low since 2013 when we were 5-3-1 after a 1-0 loss to UT and the rpi was in the 60's. We had injuries that year with Annie Kunz and Rachel Lenz. We only lost twice the rest of the year at Florida and at UNC in the Sweet 16.
USC's rpi is 4 so our strength of schedule will get better with this game. Let's get the win!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.