******BTHO Georgia******

5,110 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Perplexed Ag
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M continues conference play this Friday at 6:00PM when they face the Georgia Bulldogs. This game will be broadcast live on the SEC Network. The Aggies will look to extend their 4 game shutout streak and avenge a miserable 2015 loss.

Last season, the Aggies carried a #4 ranking into Georgia and suffered a 1-2 loss to the 1-7-1 squad. It was one of Georgia's 5 wins of the season and their first win all-time against Texas A&M.

Georgia comes to this game with a 3-4-1 record. Wins have come over Samford (3-1), Fullerton (2-0) and Kennesaw State (1-0). They tied Oklahoma State 1-1 and lost to Clemson (1-3), USC (0-3), Iowa State (0-2) and South Carolina (0-3). The Bulldogs have a 0-4 record outside of their home turf in Athens.

Georgia has outshot opponents 132-111 but have been outscored 9-14. Scoring has been led by senior forward Marion Crowder who has 3 goals and 1 assist. Senior forward Lauren Tanner is the other multiple goal scorer on the squad and has totaled 2 goals and a team high 3 assists.

Swedish junior Louise Hogrell minds the nets for the Bulldogs. She has allowed 14 goals while totaling 41 saves. She has 2 shutouts and a GAA of 1.74.

Payback doesn't mean a lot in games like this, but it would be nice to pile some goals in the net tonight while extending the Aggies' current shutout streak to 5.
CDub06
AG
PROMOTIONS!!

Tonight's a Big One as it mark's the "Go Gold Game" to bring awareness and raise money for childhood cancer research

Go Gold Game
Ways to Donate:
  • Silent Auction at the game.
  • Purchase your EXCLUSIVE Aggie Soccer Go Gold t-shirt for just $10 at the game.
  • $100 donation earns a team-signed soccer ball
  • $200 donation earns a game-worn jersey (please note that sizes are limited & specific number requests will not be available)
  • Visit the Go Gold Official Website and search for the Texas A&M team page.

quote:
To honor those who have won the fight against cancer, and to those still battling, we would like to extend a complimentary ticket to Friday's Go Gold Game, with the option to purchase additional tickets at a special discounted rate. To receive the special offer, enter the promo code: Gold on 12thman.com/tickets.

Donations can currently be made by clicking on this link: "Texas A&M Soccer Goes Gold." Any $100 donation earns an Aggie soccer ball signed by the team. A $200 donation earns a game-worn jersey.

It is also Panhellenic Night with the Greek organizations playing are huge role in the Aggies' fundraising effort.
Diego
AG
BTHO UGa!
redd38
AG
GAMEDAY
sharpdressedman
Enjoying a day off that will include an entertaining win over the dawgs. Life is good.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Don't forget - VB at 4 !
redd38
AG
Mia is warming up, Taylor is still injured. Harryman is warming up. Malherbe is doing her own light jogging warm up (not going to play though)
redd38
AG
Harryman in the game
redd38
AG
Bates injured, being helped off the field. Doesn't look good, hopefully not serious.
kentky
Why is there only 1 Yell Leader there? Is that all that Aggie soccer gets?
oragator
Things are a bit chippy, there a history?
redd38
AG
quote:

I would guess they're at ring day events
redd38
AG
quote:
Things are a bit chippy, there a history?

That's the only way teams can beat us
redd38
AG
Kate returned from halftime with a knee brace, Bates in knee brace and crutches
Bring n WOOD
AG
score??
jnathan10
AG
Still 1-0 Ags with 30 minutes to go.
Bring n WOOD
AG
Thanks.not one post with the score..
aggiewilliford
My cable is on the fritz due to lightning.....ughhh. I was watching the game when it happened. Would really appreciate score update if anything were to happen. Thanks and gig em!
Perplexed Ag
Taylor not even on the sideline tonight. Perhaps she was removed from the team? Saw her at Ring Day earlier and there was no mention of her being one of the team members to get theirs today. Odd to say the least.
kentky
Aggies win 1-0.
aggiewilliford
Gig Em Ladies!
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
quote:

More likely they're in Auburn.
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

More likely they're in Auburn.

Oh yeah, I forgot it's football season
redd38
AG
quote:
Taylor not even on the sideline tonight. Perhaps she was removed from the team? Saw her at Ring Day earlier and there was no mention of her being one of the team members to get theirs today. Odd to say the least.

I was thinking the same thing, but I asked someone about her and they said just an injury.
oklaunion
When was the last time you saw a yellow card issued for walking too slowly to throw the ball in? Grace had played the entire game in over 90 degree weather with high humidity and she gets a card?
redd38
AG
I've seen cards for delay of game, but not quite that quickly.
Expert Analysis
AG
That card was ridiculous. Especially considering she let one of their players illegally throw a ball, then be the first to play the ball, then allow her to throw it in again.
hsvag
Concerning the card. For full disclosure, the ref was way beyond incompetent.
mullokmotx
AG
What a great day for Sarah. I think her picture was on the program and she gets her first career goal. Also good to see Ashlynn back on the field and it looks like Mia may be available.I thought McKayla was outstanding on the back line for another shutout.
The injuries to Kate and Emily are a big concern. Sarah came in for Kate and got the goal so that worked out well. What formation were we playing in the second half; We replaced Emily with Margaret in the lineup. With Emily out it looks like Grace Cory, Brittany and Claudette will get more playing time.
Big thing tonight is that we protected our home field.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Year 20 still no offensive strategy it really
is sad at this point
tamufan
4-5-1. Single forward for entire second half. We got better at it as the game went on.
tamufan
I certainly see a strategy behind the team's play, and I would argue that the team is playing an interesting and attractive style of soccer. I certainly see mistakes at times and errant passes, but overall there is a strategy behind what we are doing on the field, including ball control, build ups from the back on the attack (with the long balls thrown in for variety), pressure and double teams at the point of attack when we are defending, etc,.

Personally I think the team is playing better, overall, than it did last year. Those freshman bring great talent to the team.

I do not think our D had the best night of soccer today, but we dodged a bullet with UGA's best chance on the misplayed corner, and the D played well enough to keep UGA off the scoreboard.

I was a bit surprised by the 4-5-1, even with Emily hurt. It certainly started off a bit rough but that is probably expected. I am not sure we had the best set of 5 midfielders on the field for that formation, but what do I know? On the other hand, the Aggies gained experience with that formation over an entire half against a decent team, and before the half ended we were generating offensive possibilities and dangerous chances on a regular basis. .
HiddenAg2
Very worried about Bates because without her A&M is a different team and not as potent offensively, an area where we already struggle to score consistently. Her right leg was taken out on the goal and she may have re-injured the knee. Probably too late for a medical redshirt as well.
Bockaneer
AG
hsvag was responding to a different question but explains the "chippy" play last night just as well-
quote:
For full disclosure, the ref was way beyond incompetent.
mullokmotx
AG
In the replay Emily took a swipe at the ball and then went down in a pile with 2 defenders and it looked like her leg got twisted. I think the limit for a medical redshirt is 30% of the scheduled games and she has played in 8 of 18. Let's all hope it is not too bad as she is a joy to watch on the field.
It seems like other sports care more about player safety. Every other sport the trainers are running out on the field right away. In soccer the ref stops the clock, goes over to the player to make a diagnosis, and then decides whether to allow the trainers on the field to tend to the injured player.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.