USMNT WCQ Roster

1,796 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Gordo14
YankeeAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Middlesbrough), Ethan Horvath (Molde FC),Tim HowardColorado Rapids)

DEFENDERS (9): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas),Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), John Brooks (Hertha BSC), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle)

MIDFIELDERS (9): Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Jermaine Jones(Colorado Rapids),Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Caleb Stanko (FC Vaduz), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Jordan Morris(Seattle Sounders FC), Rubio Rubin (FC Utrecht), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (Hamburg SV)

Whats your starting lineup? I thought Jones had been injured lately in MLS? I might move Nagbe up to the wing since he plays with less defensive responsibility for Portland tucking in above behind the striker. Not sure Wood is good as a winger either but both he and Altidore are playing well. Missing Dempsey means there isn't much creativity in the side which could really hurt us in the final third.

Wood Altidore Morris
Bedoya Nagbe
Bradley
FJ Brooks Cameron Yedlin
Guzan
oragator
Sucks that Dempsey has the heart problem.
It's money time in qualifying..
akm91
AG

FW: Wood, Altidore
MF: Bedoya, Nagbe, Jones, Arriola? Beckerman? Bradley after 1 game suspension for YC
D: Johnson, Yedlin, Cameron, Brooks
K: Guzan

oragator
And now in God's name is Wondo getting called up again?
That in itself should be grounds for moving on from Klinnsman.
Kampfers
AG
quote:

FW: Wood, Altidore
MF: Bedoya, Nagbe, Jones, Arriola? Beckerman? Bradley after 1 game suspension for YC
D: Johnson, Yedlin, Cameron, Brooks
K: Guzan

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see this with Zusi in that last midfield spot.
Dre_00
--------Wondo--------Wondo-----
----------------Wondo---------------
-Wondo---------------------Wondo-
Wondo--Wondo--Wondo--Wondo
-----------------Guzan----------------

I could also see replacing Wondo at forward with Wondo in the midfield and going 4-3-3.
ja86
AG
so when do the old guys stop getting called up. and why wondo?

and where is Williams...
akm91
AG
quote:
so when do the old guys stop getting called up. and why wondo?

and where is Williams...
You would hope that Jozy's enough of a veteran that we no longer need to call in Wondo ever again. Maybe it's because of all the injuries to the forwards. ArJo's just returning from long injury layoff, Boyd's not completely back yet from injuries. Then you have Dempsey's heart issues. I can't think of who else is left.

Not sure what Williams' done but apparently he's getting Feilhabered.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
--------Wondo--------Wondo-----
-Wondo---------------------Wondo-
--------------Beckerman---------------
Wondo--Wondo--Wondo--Wondo
-----------------Guzan----------------

In the second half he will sub on Wondo for Wondo, looking for a last minute poached tap in goal to seal the deal
jay040
I get that Dempsey is out, but do we seriously not have a better healthy striker than Wondo? No younger guy to gain experience?
aarjon
I get Rubio Rubin in the 90s in my FIFA career, so there's that.
Mathguy64
AG
Brooks is ruled out with an injury and has been replaced by Sacha Kljestan.
YankeeAg05
Not really a like for like replacement but Klejstan has been good this season.
Terk
AG
I'm excited that Kellyn Acosta is getting some time with the USMNT. We'll see if he can earn some game time and some valuable development!
Kampfers
AG
quote:
I'm excited that Kellyn Acosta is getting some time with the USMNT. We'll see if he can earn some game time and some valuable development!

Aye, and at his natural LB position too!
Texags is garbage
Chris Wondolowski damn near ruins my hype for any USMNT match.
jeffk
AG
Is Jones still hurt?
LeonardSkinner
Even the Jaguars were like, "yeah...Wondo... we didn't know you'd actually be here..."
akm91
AG
Good one!
Gordo14
Honestly I'm going to be really nervous that last game if Guatemala beats T&T (or even draws).... Especially without Dempsey

Just want T&T to win and we win and the last game won't matter.
TheMasterplan
quote:
Honestly I'm going to be really nervous that last game if Guatemala beats T&T (or even draws).... Especially without Dempsey

Just want T&T to win and we win and the last game won't matter.

Same. Need to score lots of goals against St. Vincent as well in case of a Guat/T&T tie.
jeffk
AG
I offended most of the population of St. Vincent the other day on twitter. Basically made a joke that said their country had a small population (which it does - only 110k). Had multiple angry RTs from the islanders there.
Out in Left Field
AG
This Jordan Morris kid is pretty good.
YankeeAg05
He just blew by the defender on that first goal. He's playing well lately. I feel like he should be in the US roster just based on pace if he's in decent form. Even from the bench he can be a game changer with that type of speed.
Gordo14
I worry Deuce may be done
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.