*** The BOOTS Thread ***

3,294 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bockaneer
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our side discussion from the Euro thread made me want to start a boots/cleats thread. No rules - post anything you like about soccer boots. Favorite cleats, new cleats, terrible cleats, whatever.

Here's some forgotten threads on the topic from days gone by:

Cleat recommendations:
http://texags.com/forums/51/topics/2263752/replies#

Eh, I'll post more old threads later when I'm not on my phone. Just know that fig has been pimping Nomis since at least 2008.

Bockaneer
AG
really think that the nike magistas in yellow and red look like hubba bubba strawberry banana gum - my favorite
jeffk
AG
Cleat journey through time:

1999-2001: some solid navy blue Nike's that I can't even find pictures of. I liked them because they were just slightly different from the primarily black/white boots most of my teammates were wearing.

2001-2010(!) : Loved these Nikes. Replaced the insole multiple times and wore them until the plastic of the sole finally disintegrated. Heavy as hell, but just an amazing pair.

2011-2014: Made the switch over to adidas and landed on some adipures. Most comfortable boots I've ever owned and if I ever find out who stole them out of my locker at the HISD school I worked at, I'll hunt them down and do violence unto them.

2014-present: They discontinued the adipures, so I had to replace them with the Pro11. Still super comfy, but just not quite the same. Also, I think they've since discontinued the Pro11's too, so no idea what I'll move on to next.

PatAg
AG
Yea, I always rocked the Copa Mundials, but I did have to use a friends pair of adipures for a game one time. They were great shoes too.
tremble
AG
I've run Copa Mundials for most of my life, running some Venoms right now, I think at least. Nike.

Will probably go back to Adidas for my next pair.
fig96
AG
I wish I'd had a reason to buy some new boots since 2008

Wear these on the occasions I play indoor:

Bockaneer
AG
my son's first pair of upscale cleats were some Adidas predators with shifting pellets in the sole... From there he ran a lot of Tiempos (mostly kangaroo)

then last year a pair of Adidas pro11 custom, with his newest cleats being the hubba bubba Nike Magista

along the way I salvaged a pair of Adidas power band cleats from him - not that I play but just in case... lucky I did when I did as his feet have outgrown mine at this stage
Thunder18
AG

Have had these bad boys (white w/red/black) since high school. Best shoe investment ever
PatAg
AG
What kind are those? I always wore sambas but looking for something new.
wangus12
AG
Had these while playing indoor at A&M.

Wore PUMA all through high school and club at A&M.

Switched to these when I moved to Dallas:

My current indoor are these:

Outdoor currently:

Damn near can't find solid black anymore
fig96
AG
They're Top Salas, a generation or two back though. Not sure if they're still making the shoe but looks like a lot of places still have them available.
byfLuger41
AG

Usually wear these when I keep.
Pahdz
rocking the Copa Mundials in both indoor and outdoor right now. So basic, but everyone I knew swore by them so a few years back I bought a pair and haven't played a game in anything else since.
PatAg
AG
quote:
rocking the Copa Mundials in both indoor and outdoor right now. So basic, but everyone I knew swore by them so a few years back I bought a pair and haven't played a game in anything else since.
Classic, not basic
titanmaster_race
Copa Mundials.

Bought a pair as a bday present to myself 5 years ago. One of the best decision I've ever made. The Kangaroo leather makes beautiful love to my feet every time I slip them on.
OneBlitzer
AG
Copa Mundial and Sambas. As kids we joked Adidas stood for All Dudes In Dallas Are Studs.
Out in Left Field
AG
Adidas 11Pro

Classic, no frills, really comfortable.
Out in Left Field
AG
Got basically the same thing for indoor: 11 Nova TF

And some Copa Teams for reffing
byfLuger41
AG
I wish Conroe had a nice indoor spot.
Bockaneer
AG
http://www.kickoff.com/lifestyle/fashion-and-grooming/69019/nike-launch-tiempo-pirlo-limited-edition-soccer-boots

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.