Manchester United 2016-17 Thread

90,817 Views | 1648 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by byfLuger41
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last season didn't end like we wanted to but at least we got something to show for it.

Now let's get on to the business of bigger and better things in 16-17. 30 minutes after lifting the trophy, rumors swirling that LvG will be fired Day 1 of the off-season and Mourinho hired Day 2. Only appropriate that we start this thread with the same topic that dominated the last 6 months of last season!
Mathguy64
AG
And this is how you start an official thread.
ja86
Serotonin
AG
Not legit
Thunder18
AG
In. We have to get back to UCL this year and regain our status as a destination for world class talent
Dre_00
A few thoughts on the rumor that is probably not a rumor based on the sheer number of outlets reporting it.

If United leaked this information on purpose or if they instructed news outlets to wait till the end of the game before reporting it, the decision makers at the club are complete *******s. No matter what you think of LvG, he should be allowed to enjoy this victory without seeing these new reports.

Secondly, be careful what you wish for. I'm still not sold on Mourinho as a United manager. He doesn't have the reputation for playing the swashbuckling football that United craves and he regularly benches youth. If Rashford, Lingard, Borthwick-Jackson, Varela and Martial (though he's probably safe) are relegated to the reserves as a result of his hiring, it will be a huge mistake.
Mathguy64
AG
Yeah. I can't for the life of me figure out why TSO wants to manage this squad. The roster is not exactly suited to him and his style. Not to mention he's bat **** crazy. And by BSC I mean he's an over controlling manipulative lunatic and if he really does take over I give it to December 1 before he publicly calls Woodward something nasty in Portuguese.
Dre_00
The biggest hope for success with him is that failure at Chelsea this year has humbled him a bit and allowed him to be more open to changing his methods.

I actually like the guy but there's about a 5% chance of that actually happening.
Dre_00
BTW, as far as I can tell, that pic is the last time anyone saw the lid to the FA Cup.
Dre_00
LvG reportedly told Sky Sports "It's over" upon leaving the hotel today. Wouldn't expand.

Gotta say, can't help but feel a little sorry for the guy. Let's hope that if/when United make the announcement, they go above and beyond to do it with class (i.e. don't just thank him for his time at United).
J-Turn
Manchester United paid Jose Mourinho 4m to stay away from rivals

http://dailym.ai/1TsZPGE

Unreal....good way to make some cash while sitting on your azz! IMO - not a good match, Mourinho & United. The class has left
Aston94
AG
Not really excited about Mourinho. Don't think he will be a good fit at all.
Dre_00
There have been a million rumors over the last several months and that one was started last winter. It may be true, it may not be. Honestly, I don't believe a single thing that the sports pages in England write unless it comes from a press announcement by the club. They aren't journalists. They print whatever **** they hear. Not saying it's impossible for it to be true but saying I don't believe just because the Daily Mail writes about it.
datrixstunna
AG
LvG has officially been sacked!
byfLuger41
Dre_00
I think the thing that I've taken from all of this is that Ed Woodward absolutely, positively has to go. So does half the front office. And the Glazers too maybe.

Not because of debt. Not because of excessive sponsorship soul selling. But because this whole thing was treated so poorly and so classlessly and it has happened for a second time. They have no idea how to be decent in the way they handle people and their business.

So now we presumably wait for Mourinho and I fear greatly for the likes of Martial, Rashford, etc. You can pretty much kiss Juan Mata good bye. Hopefully Giggs will stick around and provide some stability and sense as to how the club should operate.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Read today that United are giving Jose a $ 1/4 billion to spend this window. Not to be confused with the last $1/4 billion last window.
ja86
AG
Don't hold your breath for Giggs. He is gone too according to reports.
Dre_00
You'll read lots of things about United in the papers. Most of it is complete bull****.
Aggie_3
the main beat writer for the Manchester news reported this morning Giggs is only gone if he wants to leave
Aggie_3
reports are that Jose will have it written into his contract that he will not take Manchester united away from their identity of giving youth a chance. If you guys look back on his days at Porto he was the one in charge of cultivating their Youth system and he brought up a ton of players through their youth. I think he has gotten this rep of not using youth because of the clubs he has been at they aren't clubs that have ever been geared at using the youth players they are purchase and plug clubs.
Dre_00
https://amp.twimg.com/v/ba3bb0be-7b1a-4bc0-b260-6db10b0a8ee9

OK, this is pretty damn fantastic.
Aggie_3
quote:
https://amp.twimg.com/v/ba3bb0be-7b1a-4bc0-b260-6db10b0a8ee9

OK, this is pretty damn fantastic.
HOLY

CRAP

I JUST SPIT MY COFFEE OUT
Mathguy64
AG
Holy crap. I half expected Mou to be the face of Ollie.
Aggie_3
I posted this on the other thread but thought id post here but Uniteddirect.com is having an awesome sale on the home kit and 3rd kit from this season 70 percent off the home and 50 percent off the 3rd kit. I snagged a Home kit with Schweinsteiger on the back for 63 that included customization the official badges and shipping.
Dre_00
No more XLs.
Aggie_3
quote:
No more XLs.
treadmill bro
Dre_00
It's more a function of being 6'3" but I'd be lying if I said a treadmill wouldn't help out matters. Sometimes I can do a L but don't want to chance it for something I can't try on/exchange.
Aggie_3
quote:
It's more a function of being 6'3" but I'd be lying if I said a treadmill wouldn't help out matters. Sometimes I can do a L but don't want to chance it for something I can't try on/exchange.
I gotcha treadmill and weights did me a world of good the last 3 months ive dropped 20 pounds. I love going shopping in the closet and putting on jerseys that haven't fit in 3-5 years and being able to wear them again!
Dre_00
OK, now it's official.

Club Statement

Statement from LvG
Mathguy64
AG
edit Dre beat me too it.

LVG was classy in his statement given what all happened.
Aggie_3
FINALLY

Mathguy64
AG
Ok. So you have two choices. Keep LvG for one more year and run out his contract or swap him for Mourinho. You can't have anyone else as it's clear thas the choices that were considered.

I can't believe I'm gong to say this but I make the swap. I think there is something with LvG and Spanish/SA players. I don't know what but there just seems to be something there that they don't mesh very well. Playing style. Rigidity. I don't know exactly what but something is there and I do think there is smoke surrounding DDG not wanting LvG back.
Skitch05
AG
I agree with Dre and feel bad for LvG. This needed to happen and it's for the best, but the club could have handled things so much better.

Who is ready for The Zlatan next season?
Aggie_3
quote:
Ok. So you have two choices. Keep LvG for one more year and run out his contract or swap him for Mourinho. You can't have anyone else as it's clear thas the choices that were considered.

I can't believe I'm gong to say this but I make the swap. I think there is something with LvG and Spanish/SA players. I don't know what but there just seems to be something there that they don't mesh very well. Playing style. Rigidity. I don't know exactly what but something is there and I do think there is smoke surrounding DDG not wanting LvG back.
you make the swap soley for the reason of 49 goals scored 49 let that sink in 49 goals.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.