Future Aggie/ Texas FFA Student Looking to Build Custom Project

2,262 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CTGilley
HannahTXFFA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi!

My name is Hannah and this is my second year of taking an ag mechanics course through my high school. Last year, I built an entrance gate and showed it at my county show, Fort Worth, San Antonio, as well as Houston. This year, I am ready to begin building a new project for show season, so I am looking for someone who would be interested in having something unique built for them! I am willing to build many things, but I would enjoy building another entrance gate this year the most, and I am refraining from building a trailer. If anyone has any ideas about what they would like, I would be more than happy to work with you to make sure you are satisfied with what you are investing in! This is not only a way to have a project personalized for a lower cost, but a way to support the Texas FFA and all of the wonderful things that it has to offer for students like me! If you have any questions or ideas, please contact me, and if you would like, I can put you into contact with my teacher.

Thank you,
Hannah
Future Aggie
Dr. Horrible
I've been interested in having a custom BBQ pit / smoker made. Not sure if that is in the direction on the request, but let me know I you'd be interested in working on that...
ZooGuy
AG
I used to work with scouts who were needing projects to perform when I worked at zoos in the past.

If you are close to a zoo, nature center, etc., you may want to give them a call. One student built us an aviary; another built a gazebo. We also had smaller projects made.

Just a thought.
Post removed:
by user
TexAg1987
What is the approximate cost of an entrance gate?

I would be interested.
Agmechanic
AG
Im interested in an entrance gate for the ranch. E-Mail Me
a gmechanic 01@gma i l (no spaces)
Archie86
One of the best ag mechanics projects is a cattle guard. You can obtain material (oil field drill stem) at reasonable price and there is always a high demand in the community. You should have no trouble finding a sponsor.

Good luck and very proud of the national blue and corn gold organization!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'd possibly be interested in some resetting silhouette targets. We have the plans for them.
TexAg1987
You'll put your eye out.
cadetjay02
HalifaxAg
AG
It might be a smaller project for you, but how would you feel about making a gate for my residential fence? You could spend more effort/time on the finer details versus a large project.

shawnj97 located at the mail of google
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
One of the best ag mechanics projects is a cattle guard. You can obtain material (oil field drill stem) at reasonable price and there is always a high demand in the community. You should have no trouble finding a sponsor.

Keep in mind some oil field tubulars are not weldable. Don't think it's as much of a problem with drill pipe as it is with some tubing. Just something to keep in mind when she sources her material.
ratfacemcdougal
I would like a brush guard for my Sorento
trip
AG
Hannah, I would love to have bleacher/ hunting seating for the back of an old GMC truck.
CTGilley
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Quote:

Keep in mind some oil field tubulars are not weldable. Don't think it's as much of a problem with drill pipe as it is with some tubing. Just something to keep in mind when she sources her material.
If you are referring to them being magnetized, all you need to do is wrap one of your leads around the pipe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.