F/S 1939 mosin and spam can of ammo.

2,756 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by texas.aggie.2010
hopeandrealchange
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While knocking the dust off of the Dove gun I noticed this beast in the back of the safe. What I have for sale is a 9130 Mosin round receiver 1939. It comes with one spam can of ammo that has one corner pealed open and one twenty round paper wrapped pack missing. So 420 rounds go with the rifle. Located in College Station. $375.00
Chughes88
AG
Which armory is it from?
AggieEP
FYI You better include some more info on this rifle if you want that price because Cabela's looks to be selling them for $249.99 and personally I'd rather buy from them all things considered.

If you could provide proof that this weapon was used during WWII though, your price starts to sound a bit more realistic.
hopeandrealchange
quote:
FYI You better include some more info on this rifle if you want that price because Cabela's looks to be selling them for $249.99 and personally I'd rather buy from them all things considered.

If you could provide proof that this weapon was used during WWII though, your price starts to sound a bit more realistic.
Aggie EP thanks for your help. I must not have mentioned in my post that I am including some ammo with this deal. I also made a bad assumption that anyone who would be interested in this item would know what it is. Would it be possible for you to add to your post that a couple of years ago you could have bought this same gun for $75.00 and the spam cans of ammo sold for $59.00. Golly sure wish I would have bought it back then.

I am also thinking about selling the Ranch could you help me with the marketing on this item also?

cslifer
OP- he obviously does know what it is and that is why he said it is too high. It is a round reciever 9130 of which millions were made. If it was a hex reciever or a carbine and the can was sealed it would be worth more. Also, as he said documention always boosts the price (but being a soviet rifle of that time you aren't going to find much if any). Pics also help by the way, as the condition of those rifles varies from still wrapped in paper from the armory to been used as a boat anchor. If it happens to still be wrapped in paper I will gladly pay your full asking price!!
meggy09
AG
OMG STFU. You clearly have zero clue what you're talking about. How dare you provide OP with constructive feed back trying to help him get his asking price. He's clearly way smarter than you and AggieEp.

/s
BrazosDog02
AG
Mother of God....you can't sell a bag of sand on this board without an expert offering input.

OP....post a pic of ammo, gun, and identifying information for the gun. State the price. People can pay it or STFU if they aren't interested.
AggieEP
Glad I could help the OP out.

I wasn't trying to sabotage, just get more info. If this was battle used and had documentation it'd be a cool addition to some other soviet gear I have.

As it is OP outed himself as a jerk trying to sell the gun over retail price along with ammunition of unknown vintage and quality. He probably bought it himself from Cabela's a couple of months ago.
Ag_of_08
AG
quote:

I wasn't trying to sabotage, just get more info. If this was battle used and had documentation it'd be a cool addition to some other soviet gear I have.

As it is OP outed himself as a jerk trying to sell the gun over retail price along with ammunition of unknown vintage and quality. He probably bought it himself from Cabela's a couple of months ago.

This is the only BST forum in the dozens I've used that allows people to do what this one does. NO other BST allows people to thread cap like this, and from non buying parties. You'd be banned in an instant most places for "helping".

Honestly this forum is worse than reddit in that respect
CactusThomas
AG
Are you willing to separate the rifle and the ammo?

I will offer $120 for the rifle if it comes with the bayonet.
hopeandrealchange
Cactus, thank you for the offer but no thank you. It comes with the bayonet the oil-solvent can and all of the tools.
CS78
quote:

BS!

You felt a need to self gratify by trying to demonstrate your vast knowledge of mosin economics for all to see. With no other purpose than crapping on the OPs sale.

This place gets worse than a small town gun shop filled with a bunch of bored, know it all old men. We could really use some rules in here.
Post removed:
by user
Is everything matching numbers? Also, does the rifle come with the bayonet, sling, etc? Thanks
hopeandrealchange
quote:
While knocking the dust off of the Dove gun I noticed this beast in the back of the safe. What I have for sale is a 9130 Mosin round receiver 1939. It comes with one spam can of ammo that has one corner pealed open and one twenty round paper wrapped pack missing. So 420 rounds go with the rifle. Located in College Station. $375.00
Guys I never dreamed I was going to be stirring the pot so bad. I have owned this gun and ammo for several years. And yes when I posted the price I was intending to make a profit. I did do some research as to what I thought would be a reasonable price if someone was in the market for a rifle and some ammo. I am baffled at several of the comments on this post. I have bought a bunch of stuff on the board. When I see something that I think is over priced I just pass it by. When I see something that I want and I am comfortable with the price I buy it. Why is it I am a bad guy for offering up an item at yes a price that I hope to make a profit on? I listed another Safe Queen yesterday it is a really nice Browning Shotgun. And yes I have owned it for a bit and I hope to make a profit on it also. Why have all of the comments not been raised against this item?
CactusThomas
AG
Nothing wrong with asking what you want for your rifle.
You have every right to ask whatever you want for your gun and market it however you want--its your gun. I would like to get some more info so that I can make an offer on this gun. I've been wanting a Mosin and will be in College Station each weekend for Football Season. I have cash. The more info you provide, the more educated (higher) of an offer I can make.
hopeandrealchange
quote:
You have every right to ask whatever you want for your gun and market it however you want--its your gun. I would like to get some more info so that I can make an offer on this gun. I've been wanting a Mosin and will be in College Station each weekend for Football Season. I have cash. The more info you provide, the more educated (higher) of an offer I can make.
26.2 thanks for the interest. I do not pretend to be a Mosin guru. It is in rather nice condition for what it is. It is a round receiver 1939, 9130. Included is a bayonet, oil-solvent can, tool kit and the ammo. It does not have the strap. I do not know if the numbers match as someone asked earlier So I will be conservative here and say most likely not. And yes I am one of those free market conservatives that hopes to make a reasonable profit.
DiskoTroop
Check the butt plate, the bolt handle knob, the top of the bolt itself, the floor plate of the magazine and the top of the receiver for serial numbers. They should all be marked with at least the last 4 digits of the SN. If they match, then by god you've got a matching gun.

I also think it was marked on one of the barrel bands if I'm not barely mistaken but don't quote me on that.

FYI I'm of the opinion that were this a matching numbers gun you're definitely in the right ball park price wise. Don't let these idiots mess with you. (Doesn't look like they are, so good on ya.)
hopeandrealchange
After a week of visiting the Grand Son and other family I am home and got my hands on her. The Numbers on the top of the receiver, the butt plate, the bolt and on the bottom of the magazine match. with a bit of research I identified one of the marks and it shows to be. Izhevsk Arrow -- Izhevsk arsenal mark, Russia (late)
What's your email? I'd like to give you an offer off-line. Thanks!
hopeandrealchange
quote:
What's your email? I'd like to give you an offer off-line. Thanks!
Got it thanks! Email to follow.
texas.aggie.2010
Fwiw, if curious to learn more about Mosin or ammo

http://7.62x54r.net
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.