FS: 2004 Honda S2000

3,593 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by vansprinkle
vansprinkle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FS: Honda S2000- hardtop in pics has been sold

94,089 miles
$15,500 - for TexAgs
Contact by email: username at gmail

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5777879966.html

This is one of the cleanest S2000's that you will find. I have owned the car since 2006. It has always been garaged, at home and at the office for the days I would drive it to work. The only time it is exposed to the elements is when I'm out on a drive. Since this is a second car, it has rarely been driven in the rain, and certainly never driven in the snow or ice.

Like all S2000s this car is a convertible, but also comes with the optional OEM front lip. I also have the original convertible tonneau cover that you can use to cover up the soft top when riding around topless on a beautiful day. I also have the OEM cloth car cover with the S2000 logo on the front, just in case you are like me and plan to use this as a second vehicle.

A couple of minor options are the OEM wheel locks, and aftermarket auxiliary cable to the stereo, so that you can play music from your phone through the car speakers (the stereo is the original stereo and no longer plays CDs, so the auxiliary cable was an easy fix and nice modern upgrade). In around 2009 the OEM red floor mats were replaced with new OEM black/charcoal floor mats (with S2000 in red stitching) to help break up all of the red in the car.

The maintenance has been kept up on the car religiously. I've always used OEM Honda oil filters along with Mobil 1 synthetic oil in the engine. Transmission and rear diff fluids have always been changed with Amsoil oils. Any spare oil filters (I always buy them in bulk) and fluids I have will go with the car.

The tires only have a couple thousand miles on them (literally 2,000 miles or less). They were replaced in November 2014 and are in great shape. This set of tires are Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions, which are a fantastic max performance summer tire. The fronts are 225 wide and the rears are 255 wide (a +1 in width over factory for front and rear). All four wheels are original.

New front brake pads and rotors, new rear pads, new serpentine belt, new spark plugs. I have new upper and lower radiator hoses that I'll include with the car, if I don't swap them out beforehand.

I love this car and have taken the best possible care of it since I bought it. I would love to keep it forever, but at this time it just doesn't make sense for me to have a car sit around in the garage and never get driven. I have done exactly one autocross in this car (in 2007 I believe) and that is it. No road course (I also had an old track beater car at one time, so it took the floggings and I was able to spare the S2k), no other autocrosses, no drag racing, no street racing. Just fun spirited driving around town and occasionally in the country. Now that my oldest is 4 years old, I've realized that the car has basically sat, rarely used for the last 4+ years, and I don't see myself getting to really utilize and enjoy this car like it should be.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the car. I have additional pictures and can provide any specific pictures you would like. Each wheel has very minor road rash (from the previous owner that I've never felt the need to repair, because it is so minor), the front bumper was repainted by Sewell Audi/Infiniti of Houston (I am friends with the body shop manager, so they took extra good care of the car) after a coworker backed into the car in the parking garage at work, and all dents/door dings/etc were paintless dent repaired by Sewell while the bumper was being fixed.

Salt of the water
AG
Nice car! GLWS.
Mookie
AG
Wow, that is a beautiful S2000. You are right, probably the nicest one on the market anywhere right now.

GLWTS.
vansprinkle
AG
Thanks guys. I just realized that the hard top should be pretty easy to sell on its own. If anyone is interested in the car without the hard top, we can work out a deal.
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
My 2000 was almost identical. Dang I miss that car. Shouldn't have sold it!

That is a beautiful ride vans!
vansprinkle
AG
quote:
My 2000 was almost identical. Dang I miss that car. Shouldn't have sold it!

That is a beautiful ride vans!
I know what you mean. I had a guy take a look and have it inspected by a dealer over lunch today. It was my first time driving the car since March or April, and it really made me sad to think that I may not have it in a few days.

It is an incredible car, but it's getting hard to justify paying for insurance, inspection, and registration for a car that doesn't even see 1,000 miles per year any more.
highvelocity
AG
big fan of the spoon
NYAG08
If I wasn't saving for B-school I would pull the trigger. Your right that it appears immaculate for that many miles.

I even sent it to old man to gauge interest, but he has some handicap that would really require paddle shifts to warrant purchase on retirement fun car.

Free bump.
vansprinkle
AG
FYI, car is still for sale. Hardtop has been sold and price dropped to $16,000. Will sell for $15,500 to a TexAgger.
Aggiehunter34
S
Man I wish it still had that hard top. Nice car
vansprinkle
AG
Aggiehunter34 said:

Man I wish it still had that hard top. Nice car

The hardtop was awesome. But I got a bunch of money for it, so I'm not sad. The car was just too expensive to sell with the top.
vansprinkle
AG
I've dropped the price on all listings to $15,500 and will drop it lower for a TexAgger. Shoot me an email at username @ gmail.com if you're interested.
vansprinkle
AG
Sold
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.