Dog Needs A New Home

1,332 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ForeverAg
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
So, we hate to do this, but one of our dogs needs to find a new home. He absolutely does not get along with our 2 year old or our other dog. He needs to be in a home with no other dogs/pets or small children.

We've had Russell for about 5 years now (actually adopted him from someone on Texags). We got him when he as about 1, so he's roughly 6 years old. As best we can tell he is a Jack Russell/Rat Terrier Mix. He absolutely loves people (that aren't toddlers). He also loves his toys. He does however get very territorial about his toys around other dogs. He is a great dog if he's by himself.

We've tried everything to help him out... medication, various training techniques, but nothing has ever worked that well. We think he would be happiest in a home where he isn't constantly stressed out or anxious. We actually did a trial run where he stayed with my wife's parents for about a week. There were no other dogs or toddlers around and he absolutely loved it.

Here are a couple pictures:

He comes with everything that we have... crate, toys, blankets, leash, collar, etc. We just want him in a place where he is happy.

Shoot me an email at jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com if you are interested. We are located in Austin, but drive to College Station quite frequently.
MichaelJ
AG
He looks pist in every picture
barney94
AG
Of course he's pissed. He's a trained badger killer trapped in a suburban prison!

Good luck with the re-homing. A lot of Jack Russells want to be the only dog/kid like that. If we didn't already have 2 dogs my wife would already have contacted you, she loves them. We got lucky with her last one, it ended up liking our kids and a stray dog that showed up at our house and never left.
Martin Q. Blank
He seriously looks like he's going to bite the camera.
jah003
S
quote:
He seriously looks like he's going to bite the camera.

So now everyone sees why we need to find him a new home right?

He's seriously night and day when he's with toddlers/other dogs and when he's not...
Matsui
AG
May have to drop him off at a shelter
Ag_07
AG
BSC
K1372e
Bump
ForeverAg
AG
Good looking dog, can't help but figured I'd give an extra bump here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.