1978 VW Bus: Mechanically Sound Eyesore

2,240 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by yeahtoast
yeahtoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I procreated on purpose for some reason and now have no time to finish out my lovely project from the last ~7ish years. This could be a dream for someone that wants to get into, or already is into basic mechanics and has the willingness that I didn't to actually make it look nice. I spent all my money/time on engine and drivetrain becuse I thought the outside looked hilarious.

Best offers will be accepted, rebuked and/or reposted for laughs accordingly. I just hope she can find a loving home that's part hippy, a little redneck.

Craigslist ad to share: http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5682378893.html

Feel free to mention Texags in reply and I'll respond in memes only.

aTm2004
AG
Yours probably wasn't the first kid conceived in that van.
Aggiemike96
AG
Your Craigslist posting is gold. Blue parachute for you!
pagerman @ work
AG
quote:
Your Craigslist posting is gold. Blue parachute for you!

This!
deadhead aggie
AG
I saw your bus on Craigslist the first day you posted it and was wondering if you were a TexAgger. I've been keeping an eye on the Classifieds board and low & behold, you are here.

I recently sold my '79 Westie (terrible mistake) and I'm in the market for a new bus. The issue I have is that I may very well be unemployed in a few weeks.......lay-offs are currently in the works and I'm not sure of my status.

Whatever the outcome may be, I'll ping you. I dig your bus........would love to give her a new home.

Thanks.
JYDog90
AG
It's cool. I wish I knew the first thing about auto repair. I respect a guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. Great work!
coppag92
AG
I'd put it on www.thesamba.com if not already. Bunch of VW folks there.
yeahtoast
AG
Thanks for the free bumps, Ags. Appreciate the kind words in the midst of a constant internal struggle to pull it down.

Deadhead - let me know, no rush as it's a niche offering that is going to be slow to move. Have tire kickers from California but only a few serious inquiries thus far. More than happy to let it go to an Ag and a previous owner at that. If this were a Westy, I don't think I'd even sell.

Put it up on Samba same time I re-listed it on CL to see what kind of net that casts. I'm fairly active over there for technical readups, and I know it will eventually find a home there...so I was stalling on posting there.

Funny story on not being the first to make busbabies, I dug this thing out from behind a friend's father in law's auto shop and he used it purely to curl up in the back, read books, and smoke weed. He had a 69 right behind it that I really wanted, as well as a late 50's tbird that he absolutely would not part with. If I end up keeping this bus, I'm going to find a parts 60's and weld the front fascia to it for the patented "V" look.

deadhead aggie
AG
Toast,

I got the axe this morning......looks like I'm gonna have to take a pass on your bus.

I'll keep lurking around here to see how things progress for you. Good luck !!

Thanks.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
Toast,

I got the axe this morning......looks like I'm gonna have to take a pass on your bus.

I'll keep lurking around here to see how things progress for you. Good luck !!

Thanks.
Sad to hear that, hope it turns back up for you soon!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.