Dogs available for adoption

4,233 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BQ93
BQ93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some may recall I have a bad habit of pulling dogs from a shelter, getting them healthy and then adopting them out. I have been able to help a few TexAgsers pick up some nice dogs. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing so this time I jumped in with both feet and I'm helping a small county "Animal Control" adopt out their dogs. Previously the animals had 72 hours and it was the needle. I'm trying to help them go from almost 100% kill rate to as close to "no kill" as possible. Unfortunately there are currently only 6 open air kennels so the pressure is on to find homes. The kennels are currently over capacity so I am hoping for some angels to help me out. Sorry if you aren't an adoption person, but I'll risk offending you.

If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them. There will likely be a low adoption cost but it depends on which rescue we run them through and it normally is just enough to cover the vetting (varies based on sex and age) or you can provide proof that you prepaid it to your vet and a $40 donation to the animal control. I can probably work out transport almost anywhere.

This is not for profit and basically just saves the dog and covers the cost. I know some of the pictures leave much to be desired, but it is the best I can do by myself and with a cell phone.

First up we still have these heeler/traveling salesman pups. 2 males 1 female. They have been with a foster since they came in so they are very social.

Next we have five puppies of the "American Shelter Dog "breed. They are on solid food so they're easier to care for. I don't know the sexes of the particular colors but I can find out if you're interested.

The foster picked these dogs up on Wednesday night and this is where she found her son on Thursday morning. I'll work on getting better pictures ASAP.

Next we have a male pit that was trapped in a hog trap. It's wearing some kind of protective collar so I suspect someone was hunting hogs with him.

Next up is a female brindle pit. I have no guesstimate on age but she will lick you to death. Sweet girl.

Next we have some kind of black and tan female hound/cur. I'm told she's a very sweet girl.

Next is a black and white lab/border collie female and a female pup. These dogs were someone's pets at some point. No exaggeration the mom is the sweetest dog we have ever had come through the kennels. All she wants is someone to scratch her belly. Someone has also worked with the pup as she can play a mean game of fetch. This is a terrible picture but I will work on it.

Next we have a little tan colored cur looking pup. Seems to be a sweet dog although I haven't been around very much.

This little boxer looking pup was just dumped this weekend. The kennels are overcrowded so this little guy is living in the rec yard at the jail.

And now the ones I've saved for last. I took these cur puppies in a month or so ago and they were literally at death's door. You can see every bone in their body and I truly do not believe they would've survived the night if I hadn't brought them home. It's probably pretty obvious that I'm a big sucker for dogs so it's safe to say that they've been adequately spoiled. Even though they appear to be Cur type dogs they are 100% comfortable laying in your lap. I may have ruined them to the point that they wouldn't make good hunting dogs but I know they will make a little boy or girl the perfect companion.

I would absolutely love to find great homes for these two, but I'm a little bit attached so don't be surprised if I send the FBI out to get a background check on you.

The Brindle is a female and the tan is a male. The male is a little bit more aggressive than the female.

wadd96
AG
Thanks for doing what you are doing. Already at 3 dogs and can't have any more (especially since we are one above the HOA limit but I pulled the last out if a dump situation at the ranch along with her sister who is at my cousin's house.)
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Texker
AG
We adopted a blue heeler mix with similar markings from the city shelter. She is energetic, super smart but loves to hang out on the couch too.
Aries
Where are you located? I think we will be looking for a dog in June.
TxAggies2012
Great job BQ93.

I got a lacy/lab mix from him last year, and couldn't have asked for a better dog.

Update for you BQ93...Fletch (now Otis) is doing great. Loves the water and has the best temperament of any dog I've ever known. I'll take an updated picture of him and post it on here later today.
chloelee
You are an Angel and deserve much thanks!!
TxAggies2012
Rule #1 for Otis. Got him from BQ93 last year. Awesome dog. Tail wagging so fast the camera didn't catch it clean.

cadetjay02
AG
Same question as above, any chance you're near DFW?
Orozco05
Any chance you're in the Houston area?
TxAggies2012
I think he's in the Huntsville area, hth.
TresPuertas
AG
I don't have room for any dogs right now, OP, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate what you are doing. Things like this (almost) restore my faith in humanity.
ET1/SS Aggie
AG
BQ93
AG
Sorry for the delay - all the dogs plus 3 teenage boys ...

I am in Huntsville but the dogs are in Trinity County. If there is one you are interested in let me know and I will get more pics, video, or whatever you need. The Sheriff is in charge and has been very helpful in working towards no kill. It is the puppy dumping season so if you aren't ready for a full time commitment fostering one for a short time saves lives as well.

I will bring them to you if you decide you want one as I'm sure Otis's Dad will tell you (thanks for the pic). He is a sweet boy who was also pulled from a 72 hour facility. He is a great example of what we are trying to do. He was hours away from dying by a heart stick and being incinerated before the body was even cold. Today he is as happy as he can be and Dad seems pretty pleased as well. These are good dogs or I wouldn't post them.
Chief77
AG
Please send some more pics off the Boxer and more info on him, if you have any. Doug@mcmullinsales.com.
BQ93
AG
Email sent Chief.

I wanted to post one more girl who was just released from vet care with a clean bill of health after undergoing cherry eye surgery.

Madeline is a 4-6 month old Rottweiler cross. She has been living with a foster family for a couple of months while undergoing her surgery and during the healing process so she is well socialized. She is crate trained and about 85% potty trained if you pay attention to her. She was almost totally blind before the surgery so she is really playful now that she can see.

Remember if you can't adopt you can foster as well. All you have to provide is a safe place to lay while they wait on rescue or an adopter. Even a week or two can make a huge difference. We are so close to making this county "no kill" and any help is appreciated.

Madeline after:

Before:

Broncos
Great stuff you're doing!
BQ93
AG
Just one more bump. We had a rescue organization in Colorado pull out and essentially abandon several dogs they were committed to. If we can't place a couple of dogs some will likely have to be euthanized. Sorry about the quality of the pictures but sometimes a cell phone is all I have. I can get any additional pics you may need.

If you can foster or have contacts to rescues or can help in any way please let me know. We have come so far - The sheriff is building a new facility, we haven't had to euthanize in a long long time, and everyone is getting on board. This rescue backing out is really going to set us back.
thesassman
AG
I might be interested in one, but I don't see any contact information.

You can contact me at thesassman@hotmail.com.

I would be interested in a female mid-size breed since I already have a male Great Pyrennes that is about six.

Mark
ratfacemcdougal
ttt
BQ93
AG
Email sent Mark. I have a few good candidates for you.
thesassman
AG
BQ93, I never received an email, so maybe there was a typo. What is your contact info?

Thanks,
Mark
marble rye
AG
BQ93, I want to applaud you for what you are doing. I would jump at the chance to do something like this if i had land. I would like to help you monetarily. This can't be cheap. Please shoot me an email. We should get a gofundme started for your efforts!

curiousjorge2012@gmail.com
BQ93
AG
Mark I've sent a couple. I'm not sure what the issue is but try bq93@att.net . Also look at Madeline above - she just got a clean bill of health!

Pam I'll get an email out to you asap - I do this for selfish reasons but the actual facility sure could use any help anyone might wish to provide.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.