FS: Stereo Cooler

4,431 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Capt.Clay
AggieAGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stereo Cooler for sale. I've used this at the beach, tailgating, on the boat, at the river and pool parties. I've built a few stereo coolers and this one is by far the best I've ever seen. It still holds ice and drinks with very high end audio components. I have around $1,000 in this unit. Kenwood 4 channel amp (60rms per channel) Polk Audio (marine grade speakers), JL Audio 8" sub with volume control knob, built in charging port, stainless steel hardware, 3.5mm input to connect any MP3 player. Incredibly loud with outstanding audio quality. Includes battery and charger. No warranties expressed or implied.

Asking $500 located in Houston, will meet or deliver within a reasonable distance. I also travel to San Antonio a couple times a year and know that I will be there for sure the first weekend in April.

username at gmail dot com

DallasAggies01
AG
Good luck
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Put a YETI sticker on that bad boy and you will get $1,000.
JYDog90
AG
Put a yeti sticker on and the only thing you'd be able to play on it would be Frozen.

WNB
justsomeguy
AG
Hate to do this to you but I've built over 20 of these with about the exact same specs as yours except mine aren't near that big of a cooler. Looks like an excellent design because I started doing something similar years ago. Mine typically have some LED lights inside to see your beer and a solar panel to charge while you're playing. It also has a fan in the sealed unit area inside. I would imagine that even with that vent on the side, it gets way too hot inside that compartment. With that being said, no way you get even close to $600. Good luck with that but just telling you from experience. Also no way you have $1,000 invested in it. I see about $400-$500 maybe and that's a big maybe.
ChoppinDs40
AG
He went all out. JL audio ain't cheap. Should've put Rockford fosgates in
fire09
AG
He may be counting labor hours as part of the cost. Idk.

Take it to a tailgate and see if you can get a drunk to give you cash for it. Honestly I think if you walk away with a hundred bucks you would be coming out ahead.
justsomeguy
AG
JL Audio isn't cheap but it's not high end either. I've used everything from Kenwood to Kicker and I prefer Pioneer.
AggieAGR
AG

Happy to hear a fellow stereo cooler builder has taken some time to give their input. I'll do my best to respectfully respond and hopefully provide insight for anyone interested in the unit.

quote:
Looks like an excellent design because I started doing something similar years ago.
Thanks, always room for improvement. Post some pictures of your builds.

quote:
Mine typically have some LED lights inside to see your beer and a solar panel to charge while you're playing
This amp puts out a good amount of light and I never felt the need for LED's on this unit. For a solar panel, I personally don't think they output enough amps to make for a worthwhile increase in battery runtime. To each their own.

quote:
I would imagine that even with that vent on the side, it gets way too hot inside that compartment.

The amp actually has dual cooling fans and I've never had an issue with it overheating (yes, even without ice in the cooler).
quote:
Also no way you have $1,000 invested in it. I see about $400-$500 maybe and that's a big maybe.
Well I must confess, I didn't take the time to add up each component when I posted but a few google searches and some digging on Cructhfield brought me to about $850, plus it looks like prices have improved when when I built this bad boy 3 years ago.

• Kenwood 4Channel Amp - $229.99
  • Polk 6.5" speakers - $99.99
  • JL Audio Sub - $129.99
  • Cooler - $119.99
  • Battery - $59.99
  • Charger - $40
  • Lexan - $50
  • Misc - $100
(Calk, stainless hardware, brackets, audio wires, bass control knob, 3.5mm input, connectors, vent, etc.)

If anyone is int rested in the cooler, let me know. I am happy to answer any other questions and entertain offers. This unit has been a lot of fun for my friends and me, I just don't seem to use it anymore.

As an added bonus, whoever purchase the cooler, I will be happy to retain partial ownership of the cooler for the next football season, so I can show you how to fully use the cooler for when you take over. Payment due up front of course.

Buck Nasty
AG

Know Your Enemy
AG
You spent $1,000 on a ****ing cooler.
JYDog90
AG
quote:
As an added bonus, whoever purchase the cooler, I will be happy to retain partial ownership of the cooler for the next football season, so I can show you how to fully use the cooler for when you take over. Payment due up front of course.

Nicely done.
AggieAGR
AG
Bump for price reduction.

$500.00
Capt.Clay
AG
Bump.
TP Ag '87
AG
Can it be plugged direct into wall socket for power? Maybe a dumb question.
Capt.Clay
AG
Yep, it has a charger that plugs into a wall that comes with it. If you look at the side view picture, you'll see a connection on the far left. That's where the charger plugs in. Thanks for looking!
Reginald Cousins
S
Those some kind of slimline component speakers? Why am I not seeing them inside the cooler?
Capt.Clay
AG
You're correct. The speakers are shallow-mount. Only cut a hole in the outside of the cooler. Then ran the speaker wires through the insulated wall into the battery compartment. That way the side with the speakers stayed waterproof.
Reginald Cousins
S
Any tips on the lexan box? Only reason I ask is I'm interested in doing something smaller... otherwise I'd haggle for this one.
Capt.Clay
AG
Awesome, good luck with your build! Two suggestions. 1) first build the box out of cardboard until you get the exact dimensions. You want to have low tolerance so it fits very tight. 2) test a few different sealants before you decide which one to use. I forgot the one I finally went with but some of the caulks/sealants I tried didn't hold up. Oh and scuff the area with sandpaper before you seal it. Have fun!
Capt.Clay
AG
Bump for upcoming tailgate season!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.