WTB: .40 or .45 hand gun.

2,126 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Goodest Poster
Aggie118
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a little bigger hand gun I can carry around the ranch, like I've said before, I'm 19, but have done my research and i can buy from a private seller. Looking to spend around $400 max. Located in College station. Thanks.
BQ_2010
AG
S&W Sigma .40 + ammo for $250? Located in Houston.
feedthemlead
SOLD SORRY XD45 ACP Tactical $425.00 like new.
Goodest Poster
AG
quote:
XD45 ACP Tactical $425.00 like new.

If you still have the gun im interested!
Jseiter93
AG
I would be cautious selling to this user. Texas Law states that in order to own a handgun the owner must be at least 21 years of age. While he could be sold one from a private seller, Texas FTF (Face to Face) sale laws states that the seller must have good reason to believe he is legally able to own the firearm. Since he is not legally allowed. It could come back to hurt the seller in the long run.

My recommendation would be to wait until you are 21. If you want to carry a firearm on your ranch now, considering having your dad or guardian purchase it and allow you to use it.
Rexter
quote:
I would be cautious selling to this user. Texas Law states that in order to own a handgun the owner must be at least 21 years of age. While he could be sold one from a private seller, Texas FTF (Face to Face) sale laws states that the seller must have good reason to believe he is legally able to own the firearm. Since he is not legally allowed. It could come back to hurt the seller in the long run.

My recommendation would be to wait until you are 21. If you want to carry a firearm on your ranch now, considering having your dad or guardian purchase it and allow you to use it.

An 18-20 year old may purchase and own a handgun from a private seller. (s)He may not purchase from an FFL dealer since federal regulations for FFL dealers disallow purchase by a person 20 yrs old or younger.

A snip from Durysguns.com:

It is legal for individuals to handle gun transfers among themselves on a casual sale basis, provided that three conditions are met: the recipient must be 18 years of age or older, must not be intoxicated, and must not intend to commit a crime with the weapon.

Eliminatus
AG
quote:

He can possess one purchased outside of an FFL via face to face. I checked with several sources. Possessing does not equate to purchasing necessarily. He cant purchase from an FFL. That is law. But he is allowed to possess. Also law. In Texas to enter a firearm private sale the seller is not allowed to sale to someone who cannot possess said firearm. Which does not include someone under 21 but above 18 as they can possess a handgun.

They can also be gifted one legally.

Goodest Poster
AG
Im interested if its still for sale..pm plz
Goodest Poster
AG
quote:
S&W Sigma .40 + ammo for $250? Located in Houston.

Im interested if u still have it? Assuming its still in working condition.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.