Rental property in The Heights - Houston

1,365 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by FtBendTxAg
Chief_FIDO12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy... I'm looking for a two-bedroom rental in The Heights, and am needing to move there by late September of this year.

The list of requirements is small: will need a washer/dryer to be included, and would like to cost less than $1600/per month. I've been looking vigorously for houses that meet this qualification, but am not having much luck.

As a recent Aggie graduate (Class of 2012, Corps of Cadets Company D-2), I'll be living with an Aggie roommate for the year. I'm in construction material sales, and he is an engineer for an oilfield services company.

Can any one provide any pointers as to where to look, or if anyone has a property themselves they want to rent out? I'm new to the rental property game. I've enlisted the assistance of another Aggie friend with Keller Williams, but would like to get as much assistance as possible. Thanks, Ags.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
Try Trulia. They have a decent app. No idea how much availability or the the price range for two bedrooms though.
GarlandAg2012
AG
http://www.har.com/mapsearch/11?region_id=1&for_sale=0&quicksearch=houston%2C+tx&bedroom_min=2&lease_price_max=1700

Not sure if this link will work but there are a few options in your price range on HAR
agz win
AG
www.har.com

and

www.thegreensheet.com
Chief_FIDO12
AG
Thank you - I've been working on har.com, but did not think to use the Green Sheet, and I've never heard of Trulia. Appreciate it. Hopefully something good will come from those.
VaAg12
AG
I am leaving my house in the heights Early October. it is going to be tough finding 2 bedrooms in that price range.
HBCanine08
AG
Smoked. Do one for the big dog in the sky.

I also second HAR. My coworker found a good place on there and it seems to be what most folks use. Maybe craigslist, but be careful.
Dr. Faustus
AG
I"m not going to say that it's impossible to find what you're looking for in that price range, but it's damn close to it.
mt3950
AG
$1600 total per month, or $1600 each per month?
Chief_FIDO12
AG
The goal is $1600 total per month. I realize it'll be very difficult to find something close to that, and I'm willing to pay more if necessary. I'm going down tomorrow with a realtor to see some places, and these properties are all about $1800 per month. That seems pretty reasonable to me, considering the area and what you're getting with the properties (one is a two-story townhome, another is a big apartment downtown on Main, ect).

mt3950
AG
Are you married to the heights area? You can find a lot of town homes south of I10 near Washington (rice military) that should be close to your budget. If you could find a third roommate your options would be ten fold what they are now in that area.
lonestaraggie25
There are a few halfway houses in that area you could probably rent for around the price range you're looking at.
Chief_FIDO12
AG
Found a place... finally. Townhome on Heights Blvd. I couldn't find a good place for anywhere near the goal, so the price had to go up, which is fine. Thanks for the assistance, Ags.
FtBendTxAg
AG
that price would have been possible in ~2010
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.