WTB Cheap iPad

1,347 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 92Ag95
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a cheap iPad for my grandmother to use to play games. She's in hospice with nothing to do and the meds have her vision screwed up so she can't read nor see her iPhone well enough to play games like she used to do all the time.

It can be old but needs to work obviously.

Mrerik@gmail.com

Thanks.
Aggiehunter34
S
Let's buy her a new one. I have the first $50 if anyone else wants to help out.
Bbailey dot usafvet @ gmail dot com

Drumboy shoot me an email with your address and I will mail you the money.

God Bless and I will be praying for your Grandmother
Stan Crowch
AG
I'm in for $100
drumboy
AG
Guys, that is an awesome thing that you're offering but I can't take the help in good conscience. Between my brother and cousins I could get a few hundred for a new one pretty easily but I would rather get her a cheap older one since it won't be used heavily, and then my daughter can play with it when my grandma is done with it.
mforce
AG
If you end up deciding to order one from Apple, shoot me an email (in my profile) and I can get you a discount.
cjo03
AG
not sure what is more awesome.. the immediate generosity in post 2 & 3 or the honesty in post 4.
JOHN2010
Aggiehunter34
S
drumboy,

I appreciate the honesty. I am still willing to give $50 to help out if you are willing to accept. This is a hard enough time on the family right now and the fact that folks are willing to give just a little may actually lift your grandmother's spirit. Prayers continuing either way. God bless brother.
92Ag95
AG
I have a 1st generation ipad (64 Gb) that you can have.

I'm not sure how useful or functional it will be for you due to O.S. limitation but you can give it a try.
drumboy
AG
I was about to pull the trigger on the same model on Craigslist today until I found out that her favorite game, Spider Solitaire, needs iOS 6+. Thanks for the offer.

All you guys rock.
drumboy
AG
quote:

I'm not sure how useful or functional it will be for you due to O.S. limitation but you can give it a try.
Actually, it looks like I found one that you can run on iOS versions older than 6. Can I still take you up on the offer?

I'm in Houston, but if you're not I'll gladly pay shipping.
AgSportsFan
AG
quote:
quote:

Actually, it looks like I found one that you can run on iOS versions older than 6. Can I still take you up on the offer?

I'm in Houston, but if you're not I'll gladly pay shipping.
92Ag95
AG
You bet. I'm in Katy. What part of town are you in?
drumboy
AG
I work in Katy. Can you email me? (Included in original post)
92Ag95
AG
email sent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.