Upgrading 4wheelers

2,128 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChoppinDs40
mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking into upgrading my lease 4wheeler. Any of you guys have a gently used bike you're wanting to get rid of? I'm thinking my budget is going to be around the 4k range. My only requirement is that it has fuel injection. Nothing is worse than getting to the lease and dealing with a temperamental carb.
mt3950
AG
Anything?
maroonblood08
AG
have an '05 Grizzly 660 that I don't use enough. Ill let it go for $3300
where are you located
mt3950
AG
Fuel injected?
maroonblood08
AG
yes.
maroonblood08
AG
waggs33 at Hotmail dot Com
aggolfer
AG
Grizzly 660s are carbed. Only the 700s are efi
ChoppinDs40
AG
we've got 5 Honda Rincons - 690cc (or 670?) automatic, EFI, on the fly 4x4

those things are fkin $$$$

found them all on craigslist for less than $3k a piece, all gently used.
BigHead 04
AG
Any tips for buying one from craigslist? I've been watching them for a while, but been too skeptical to buy. Thanks!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mt3950
AG
Wanna sell one??
ChoppinDs40
AG
Be willing to drive far to pick it up. We got one in Texarkana one in new braunfels one in Childress, etc.

There's an odometer and machine hours, gauge it by that. Look it over well, if it has body damage, think twice. Most people that buy these new are city rich ranchers that use it to drive out to their barn where they store their boat or down to their pond where they fish perch.

Most ranchers are going to get something much smaller. If the person you're buying it from looks a bit grizzly and meth redneck, it's probably been through hell. Give it a spin, they are Hondas, after all.
BigHead 04
ChoppinDs40
AG
You wouldn't want one of ours now. They've been all over colorado and new mexico over rough rough terrain.

Rolled one backwards down a mountain side about 8 times at the top of pearl pass (20something miles from the trailhead).

Tire rods bent, both handle bars broken, fenders crushed. Lifted it up on the back of our other one, tied the wench around it and hauled it ever so slowly down. That took about 4 hours :/
mt3950
ChoppinDs40
AG
It was pretty foolish. The single track pass road was covered in snow (mid August) so we tried going down the valley side and up the other. pretty steep and away it flipped backwards. The next year we returned, we saw the same thing but not as bad.

We dug the road open (about 30 yards of snow) wide enough for our machines. It was pretty cool knowing we were the first people to pass over that road in probably 9 months.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.