FS: Farm Eggs (Bryan/CS) $3

6,032 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DrAeroAg05
DrAeroAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our free range chickens have never had added hormones, but have seen lots of sunshine and fresh air to lay these beautiful eggs in a variety of colors; most are brown, but we try to include at least one or two eggs of other colors (green, white, speckled).

Our chickens are cage free, have a large coop, and have full run of the barn yard. The yolks are bright orange without any added dyes due to the natural diet the girls enjoy.

Eggs are $3/dozen if you pick them up from us at home or work, or $4/dozen delivered to you in town! (in B/CS)

Email/call/text to get your farm fresh eggs today! (nathantichenor at gmail dot com, 979-587-0187)

DrAeroAg05
AG
Let me know if anyone is interested, we still have a bunch of eggs in our fridge we need to get rid of!

Thanks!
betas2000
AG
Do you give a better deal if we buy 4 dozens?
Dunbar
AG
quote:
I hope youre joking. Can barely get eggs at heb for $3. Theres a guy out of fayetteville selling free range eggs for $7/ doz

Id jump on it in a heartbeat if i lived in BCS
Buck Nasty
AG
My thoughts exactly
ksp
Bought 2 dozen, good eggs!
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
As Donbar and Nasty said, I think these prices are fair. We're not trying to get rich by selling eggs, we are just trying to offset some of the costs from the chickens... plus we don't eat 2 dozen eggs a day and we don't want them to go to waste!
Dunbar
AG
OP, could you meet sometime during the day on wednesday?
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
OP, could you meet sometime during the day on wednesday?

Yep, I should be able to. Text or call me tomorrow when you get a chance so we can sort out the details. (979-587-0187).
DrAeroAg05
AG
Friendly bump. We still have eggs for sale. Please let me know if you want some!!
ksp
will need some more real soon, will text ya.
mAgnoliAg
AG
May get in on this.
TatteredShoeLace
AG
What breeds do y'all use? Interested in the hobby of BYC.
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
What breeds do y'all use? Interested in the hobby of BYC.
We have some mixed breeds (Plymouth Rock, Australorp, Orpington), but the best layers we have are Rhode Island Reds. I would recommend them for BYC because they are consistent and lay big brown eggs.
gigemJTH12
AG
I wish I didnt live out of town. Might have to call you next time I am in the area!
A.G.S.
AG
DrAero,

If ya are interested in adding to your flock, we have a couple Rhode Island Red Hens we are getting rid of. Bout 8 weeks old. Current flock is just a bit too large for our back yard.

Lemme know if ya are interested, located in Bryan.
law80
AG
Just a question but how long do eggs stay good for generally? This seems like a great deal but if I was to buy 3 or 4 dozen how long would they stay? We normally get that 6 packs when we need eggs and have never really held eggs in our fridge for long.
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
DrAero,

If ya are interested in adding to your flock, we have a couple Rhode Island Red Hens we are getting rid of. Bout 8 weeks old. Current flock is just a bit too large for our back yard.

How many do you want to get rid of? Are you giving them away, or wanting to sell them?
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
Just a question but how long do eggs stay good for generally? This seems like a great deal but if I was to buy 3 or 4 dozen how long would they stay? We normally get that 6 packs when we need eggs and have never really held eggs in our fridge for long.
If they aren't washed, they will last 6 months (or longer) in the fridge. You can even store them on the counter and unwashed for a few months!

Once you wash them, the natural protective coating (the "bloom") is removed, and they need to be refrigerated. They probably would still be good in 6 months, but we tell most people to eat them within a couple of months to be on the safe side.

The eggs in the grocery store can be up to a couple of months old before you buy them, so you are actually much better with the fresh unwashed eggs...the ones we sell are usually less than a week old!
A.G.S.
AG
quote:
quote:
DrAero,

How many do you want to get rid of? Are you giving them away, or wanting to sell them?
Getting rid of 2 hens. That'll leave us with 3 hens and a rooster. May be finding a home for the rooster as well in the near future, but that depends on how loud he ends up being.

And they are free, my wife just wants em to end up in a good place. If ya come by to pick em up I'd love to pick your brain on the finer points of BYC. My wife and I both grew up around em, but this is our first go, so any information or input is greatly appreciated.

Text at 972. EIGHT 49. ZERO 851 If you are interested. Located about a mile from the Tejas Center in Bryan.
insulator_king
AG
$3/dz is a GREAT price for free range natural eggs. As good as certified 'Organic' I would bet.
New Mexico is a bit too far away though.
ZooGuy
AG
That's a very good price for eggs.

Luckily, I have a sister who has the same set up 1 hour away and she gives me two dozen eggs every month.
DrAeroAg05
AG
Another friendly bump. We are generating a surplus of eggs again, so we need to sell 'em! Let me know if anyone is interested! (contact info in OP).
DrAeroAg05
AG
Eggs are piling up, so we need to sell more! Let me know if you want to indulge in this deliciousness!
sjislepilot
AG
I think I'd be in. Would like to pickup if you're close, if not I may not bother with it. I'll shoot you a text.
Roc96
AG
I got six dozen a couple weeks ago, and can confirm that these are good eggs.
jakeaggie84
AG
quote:
Eggs are piling up, so we need to sell more! Let me know if you want to indulge in this deliciousness!
Texting!
DrAeroAg05
AG
Well our supply is building back up! Who wants to get in on these fresh farm eggs??

Call / email / text me (info in original post)!!
MidnightMugdown
Hope you continue selling when classes start back up. I'd enjoy purchasing some of these.
Dunbar
Dunbar
AG
I can vouch these eggs are good. Ill be picking up some more early next week
JR Ewing
AG
See you this evening!
ksp
I need three dozen more this week, Bring and text me and Ill pick up.

DrAeroAg05
AG
Well it's that time again.. The egg supply is building back up... let me know if ya'll want any!
bigtruckguy3500
Do you need egg cartons? I've got probably 80+. It'll probably be 100+ by the time I make it down to CS next.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.