Suggestions for chimney repairs (water proofing) to resolve minor water leak

572 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by drumboy
thewhiz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Does anyone have a recommendation for a trustworthy individual/business that provides chimney repair services (e.g., water proofing, minor leak repair, etc.)?

Thanks!

text 979-574-four five two zero or email whisenant at gmail dot com for any suggestions.

whiz
drumboy
AG
You didn't ask for repair tips but I easily fixed an issue where water was coming in around the chimney pipe with some tar looking stuff from Lowes. Cost me less than $20.
thewhiz
S
That's extremely helpful drumboy. I'll wait until the weather clears up this weekend to get up there to see if I can see any cracks I can repair myself.
JP76
Where are you located?

Masonry or siding or metal flue penetrating the roof?

Can you post some pics of it ?
HvilleAggie
AG
I've got a similar problem, water drips onto the inside of the firebox when it rains heavily, seemingly only in the front where it splashes onto the hearth. We had a chimney sweep come do regular maintenance and give an external visual inspection, and I was even able to get a vantage point from the attic of the metal flue tube inside the wooden chimney box, and nothing was obvious to either of us. Short of hiring a service to bring out a large enough ladder and specialized equipment, does anyone have any experience solving an issue like this?
Vernada
AG
Masters Chimney
713-723-4854
drumboy
AG
quote:
I've got a similar problem, water drips onto the inside of the firebox when it rains heavily, seemingly only in the front where it splashes onto the hearth. We had a chimney sweep come do regular maintenance and give an external visual inspection, and I was even able to get a vantage point from the attic of the metal flue tube inside the wooden chimney box, and nothing was obvious to either of us. Short of hiring a service to bring out a large enough ladder and specialized equipment, does anyone have any experience solving an issue like this?

Buy a 12 pack of beer and get a friend to get on the roof and spray the water hose on the chimney while you look for leaks in the attic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.