FS: Temperpedic Allura Mattress (King)

3,426 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ReelDeal
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For sale:

2 year old King-size Temperpedic Allura (mattress only) in excellent condition.

MSRP: $4799 (mattress only)
http://www.tempurpedic.com/tempur-contour-collection/tempur-pedic-tempur-contour-allura.asp

Asking price: $1300

Cash only
Buyer pickup in College Station
Ag preferred
AggieKatie2
AG
ttt....updated price
AggieKatie2
AG
For those of you looking, is it a product issue (no one wants a used mattress or a price issue)?
eramirez17
AG
Same as above. I would pay $500 max for it, let me know if it ever gets that low.
jbp7hl
Why are you selling it?
redass1876
AG
Pickup is difficult too. Never priced a used mattress before so dont kniw about that
AggieKatie2
AG
I'm not a fan of the mattress, and really haven't been since we purchased it. (I was pregnant at the time so nothing was comfortable)

Husband likes it.

Pricing seems competitive with what is on Craigslist for Temperpedics (but yeah I know I probably wouldn't buy a mattress off Craigslist either).

Minus the new Temperpedic smell it really is like-new. We keep it well protected.

I can see selling it for 20-25% of its original cost, but I can't do 10%.
ReelDeal
AG
Sims
AG
We got a TP Rhapsody Breeze last year. Walking out of the store I was embarrassed to think how much my wife just got me to spend on a mattress. Looking back, I'll do it again when this one loses its usefulness. It has been the most comfortable bed I have ever owned.

The two of us look forward to being at home to sleep in the bed when we are out of town. We had friends that slept in the bed recently (to keep their toddlers away from the rest of the house) and they said it was the best they had slept in a while.

I'm not sure what the used mattress is worth to someone without having slept on it. With that being said, if you find that it is the type of bed you enjoy sleeping on - $1,500 could seem like a steal. Our bed was warrantied for 20 years...I'll be a cynic and say it will last 10...I will absolutely buy another.
AggieKatie2
AG
Ours is just too firm for me, that is the only reason we are looking to sell it. We looked at the Rhapsody too (probably would have been the better option for me).
94AggieME
AG
Katie - I am interested in looking at the mattress but we are going out of town for Thanksgiving. Also, my wife won't even consider buying a mattress without looking at it and trying it out (as much as possible). If you don't sell it over the weekend, we might try to come look at it next week.
Chase
AG
We are in the market but our problem is a combination of both concerns, meaning that price for a used mattress. Parting with $1500 outright is tough when you can get free financing on a new one and be able to pay it out over time...especially around Christmas.

If I had to guess, I would think other factors are involved, too...off the top of my head:
1) Many people still don't realize that they spend 1/3 of their lives in bed and should spend money on something that lets them get good rest.
2) So many people are advertising the tempur-type foam at cheap prices new but aren't the same quality.
3) It's just a guess but maybe fewer people are using king size these days. I know we run into a lot of sheet sets or blankets we like that are queen only, so maybe that's true.

For the record, my wife and I are 10 years into a Tempurpedic and have both liked it and not liked it for various reasons but the quality is very good.

EDIT :: I forgot about the problem of selling it as "mattress only." Spending $1500 and then having to get a foundation, as well is one thing but finding a matching one for a set a few years old is a concern.
AggieKatie2
AG
TTT....sorry I've been super busy since Thanksgiving. Still looking to sell.
AggieKatie2
AG
Ttt....updated price
ReelDeal
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.