Woodworker Special ---- Sold

907 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jeremy360
jeremy360
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Woodworkers Special:

I have a Performax (JET) 22-44" Drum Sander. Can sand up to 44" wide (cutting boards, furniture, cabinets, knife handles, entry doors, etc.). Space it getting cramped in the shop and I need to make a little room. It's a fairly new unit and has EXTREMELY LITTLE USE. It has the original conveyor belt and it's in perfect shape. It tracks very true and everything works great on it. Had to blow the dust off of it for pictures. The SandSmart feature is awesome on it. THIS THING IS UNBELIEVEABLY QUIET. You almost can't hear it run. I was thinking it would sound like a belt sander when I first got it...it's nowhere close. It will also do what a planer won't....do end grains without sniping.

The unit is ~$1750 new (http://www.amazon.com/649005K-22-Inc...productDetails).

I'm asking $950 firm. However, I am up for firearm trades and other trades atv/utv/gas golf cart, etc.

I've copied some of the features straight from the website and posted them below:

Features
Sandsmart control continuously monitors the load on the drum motor and automatically regulates the speed of the conveyor motor to maintain the highest feed rate without overload
Patented conveyor belt TRACKERS dramatically reduce the need for manual belt adjustments
Precision-machined and balanced extruded aluminum drum is self-cooling to protect the surface being sanded from heat-damage
Sealed and permanently lubricated drum ball bearings for longer life
Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed and no-give power feed belt provide a flat sanding surface for better results
Adjustable drum height and downward pressure feature virtually eliminates snipe
Large cast-iron handwheel adjusts height at 1/16" per turn for precise sanding thickness control
Patented abrasive take-up fasteners make changing abrasives quick and easy
Infinitely variable-feed control produces the ultimate finish at a rate from 0 to 10 feet per minute
On/off switch with overload protection is front-mounted for operator's convenience
One feed and one drive motor for superior sanding control
Continuous-duty, 1-3/4HP motor is designed for heavier use for longer periods of time
Our EXCLUSIVE SandSmart infinitely variable-feed control produces the ultimate finish at a rate from 0 to 10 feet per minute and prevents machine overload
254 pounds
Specifications
Style: Benchtop
Maximum Board Width: 44 (2 passes)
Minimum Board Length: 2_ "
Maximum Board Thickness: 4 "
Minimum Board Thickness: 1/32 "
Drum Diameter: 5 "
Drum Length: 22 "
Drum Speed: 1700 RPM
Conveyor Speed: 0 - 10 SFPM
Conveyor Motor: 43 in.-lbs. torque, direct drive, dc
Dust Port Outside Diameter: 4 "
Motor Power: 1 _3/4 HP
Motor Voltage: 115 V
Motor Current: 20A
Motor Phase: 1 Ph

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. If you need any close up pictures of specific areas, I can send you some. It's pretty much new.

Located in Bryan. Thanks for looking.

jeremy360
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sold
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.