Testing Waters: Let us cook BBQ for your tailgate

1,335 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Max06
ReelDeal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am posting for my KC Council out of Navasota. We currently cook about once a month to once every other month. We have a large brick pit and use wood in a coal maker to generate coals. We get adequate smoke, but cater to less smokey meat. We have capacity to cook 100 chickens and 100 ribs at one time which is what we typically cook. We have cooked brisket, pork butts, and sausage as well, just not to full capacity. Brisket capacity would be ~100 qty. We have toyed with idea of cooking meat for A&M Tailgate setup on large enough scale that we could fill our pit up to capacity or fill enough large orders to fill pit. We could have meat ready early for pickup, sliced or whole, in trays, or ready for coolers, or delivered to set-up. We are not looking to cater the affair, and are not looking to provide sides. We make great BBQ and don't really want to fool with the accessories. Any interest? I hope I'm posting on the right board.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Try the outdoor board as well.
SARATOGA
I stopped at "less smokey meat"
CS78
I'd be interested if the price was decent. Most places want a weeks pay for a cooked brisket.
Aggiemike96
AG
quote:
I'd be interested if the price was decent. Most places want a weeks pay for a cooked brisket.
And, those places are HEB, Costco, etc.
ReelDeal
AG
Saratoga, I am a lover of smoke on my BBQ, but most I have found don't want their Chickens blackened with smoke and would rather have them golden brown. Ribs and brisket, however is a different animal. The problem is when you combine them on one pit, trying to control smoke is a problem.
ReelDeal
AG
CS, what kind of volume and types of meat are you thinking?
GarlandAg2012
AG
If definitely be interested in a ready made bbq package but my tailgate is tiny compared to your capacity. For even the biggest games we only have 50 or so people that we feed.
Max06
AG
I'd be careful about Brazos Co. Health Department putting the quash on your venture. But I guess you could work on a "suggested donation" basis rather than "selling" BBQ.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.