Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Free to a good home

1,172 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgsAllDay
AgsAllDay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My mom is moving in with my wife and I (she has MS), and we don't have enough room to take on both of her dogs. So we are looking for a home for Gus, a 6 yr old Rhodesian mix. He is pretty calm, and a really good dog.

We are looking for a good home for him. If anyone is interested, please PM me. He has all his shots, and has no problems getting along with other animals (except squirrels!).

If anyone is looking for a new pet, or knows someone who is, any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Trent
Aries
Post in outdoors.
GSS
Location?
Neutered?
Pics?

Thanks!
SARATOGA
Don't those things only live to be 8 or so ?

Or is that African Wolfhounds ?

I just thought those huge dogs have shorter lifespans.

Pics and what not ? How is he with children ?
MaroonSpirit
AG
If you can't find anyone, you can contact me
PrincessButtercup
AG
I got your email but accidentally deleted it or something. Can't find it. We can't take on a third dog right now, but I can say to anyone considering, ridgebacks are the most incredible dog. They definitely have a much longer lifespan than 7-8 years, especially if they are a mix. Purebreds are usually 12 years, and mixes can be more. I have one now, and I definitely want to continue owning them. So so sweet and so intelligent.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Also, I don't know what huge might be for some, but I think they aren't that big. Usually between 65-85 lbs. mine is about 70.
AggieMPH2005
Where is the dog located? is he neutered? Also is he housebroken and what type of activity level is he used to?

Thanks
AgsAllDay
AG
Yes, he is neutered. Ill try to post a pic when I get back to my desktop. I am located in Carrollton but my mom is located south of Ft Worth in Alvarado.

He is used to a decent amount of activity, but usually just outside with her other dog, also a Rhodesian mix, who is 11. He is good with people of all ages, but hasnt been around small children a ton.
AgsAllDay
AG
Here is a picture of Gus. We are moving my mom this weekend, but do have a little time as we wait on her house to sell.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.