Wanting to cash out Southwest Airlines gift cards

5,432 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by IrishTxAggie
drummer0415
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have $400 in Southwest Airlines gift cards that I'm wanting to cash out. I got these as a gift from a family member to use for an upcoming vacation, but the destination that my wife and I are wanting to go to has flight times that work better for us with a different airline. So I just want to convert them to cash to be able to spend it on a different airline.

So if there are any good Ags out there about to book a flight on Southwest and want to cash me out, that would be awesome. If we meet in person I will even bring you a 12 pack of your choice for your trouble.

I would prefer to meet in person just for convenience, but would also be willing to mail the cards if you want to PayPal me the money.

I am a trustworthy Ag that has bought and sold many items on this forum. If we meet in person, you are welcome to call the number on the back of the card and verify the amounts on the cards. If I am shipping them to you, I can send you pics of the numbers on the back of the cards and you can call and verify yourself.

I live in Katy and drive all over west Houston for work. Willing to meet you anywhere reasonable to do the transaction. I will also be in CS for all home games this season.

Reply here or email me at: ekuhrt at gmail dot com.

PS: This is not an immediate need, so at this time I'm not taking any offers for less than face value of the cards. I'm just hoping a good Ag will help another Ag out. Thanks!

Jack Thauer
AG
Won't go any less than face value? Good luck with that.
IrishTxAggie
AG
When you're ready to take less than face, let me know. There is no value in just trading you cash for those cards. I'm a frequent Southwest traveler and will offer you $350. ctbrennan at hotmail dot com

PhiAggie
DRE06
AG
Had another poster buy some gift cards from me at face value a while back just to help me out. He was already going to making a purchase at that particular retailer so he just did it bc I had no use for the cards.

Good luck.
drummer0415
AG
quote:
Had another poster buy some gift cards from me at face value a while back just to help me out. He was already going to making a purchase at that particular retailer so he just did it bc I had no use for the cards.

Good luck.

That's what I'm hoping will happen, but apparently I'm an idiot for thinking so.
redass1876
AG
just give it time. I'm sure somebody will help you out
understandingmom
If you still have them in December I may need them. I noted your contact info. Mine is gvsa_mdue@Yahoo.com. I'm in college station and will be traveling in Feb. 2015.
If you haven't already done so, it might work better if you post this on the travel board or even outdoors.
joeaggie8888
AG
So somebody should swap you cash for these to help you out, but you're unwilling to compromise by dropping the price just a little bit to help them out as well? Ok
clintaggie04
AG
I bought an Academy gift card at full value from a guy on texags once. I was about to buy something and he needed the cash. I don't get why helping him out seems like such a dumb idea to most of you.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Want to buy another academy GC?
clintaggie04
AG
quote:
Want to buy another academy GC?
How much is it? I am about to buy a new pair of binoculars but they are going to be fairly cheap, maybe $100 or so. If you want to meet me at the Academy in Webster at 45 and NASA one day I will be happy to buy it from you if that works.
DRE06
AG
quote:
So somebody should swap you cash for these to help you out, but you're unwilling to compromise by dropping the price just a little bit to help them out as well? Ok

This is why the world sucks. People unwilling to do nice things for other people unless they get something in return.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
It's a $500 GC
clintaggie04
AG
I can give you cash for what I spend, but it's not gonna be close to $500.
Agustus Caesar
AG
Why wouldn't they just book $400 thru southwest and get points?
thats why you need to lower the price.
Hth
IrishTxAggie
AG
quote:
Why wouldn't they just book $400 thru southwest and get points?
thats why you need to lower the price.
Hth

BINGO!!! Those points are valuable for frequent travelers!!
drumboy
AG
Wouldn't you still get the points paying with a GC?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Unless they changed the policy, the person that purchased the GC originally got the points at 6:1 I believe it is. The GC are just towards the ticket price. Not points. Like I said though, Unless they changed it.
drumboy
AG
I've thought about buying southwest GCs from krogers before to get the fuel points and I assumed I'd get the normal RapidRewards points when I travelled. Guess I should check on that.
drummer0415
AG
Bump?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'd do 350 in cash and I live in Katy
IrishTxAggie
AG
drummer0415
AG
quote:
PM Sent

I can't receive PMs. I don't have stars.
Martin Q. Blank
PM sent. I need these today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yeah, sorry wrong thread. My $350 that I offered a few weeks ago still stands.
drummer0415
AG
quote:
PM sent. I need these today.

Please email me at the address in the OP. I can't receive PMs because I don't have stars.
progress
AG
interested in the result......
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
Please email me at the address in the OP. I can't receive PMs because I don't have stars.

Dang, I was flying the next day and totally could have used these. oh well...
Gigemaggies123
man wish i woulda say this like 2 hours ago. just booked a flight for my dad and my brother.

it was only a one way so i might contact you for the return flight
drummer0415
AG
quote:
man wish i woulda say this like 2 hours ago. just booked a flight for my dad and my brother.

it was only a one way so i might contact you for the return flight

Sounds good, just let me know.
drummer0415
AG
Bump.

We went ahead and booked this trip and American Airlines had the flight times we wanted so that's what we booked.

Still trying to cash these Southwest gift cards out to put towards that expense.
IrishTxAggie
AG
$350
drummer0415
AG
ColinAggie email me and lets talk.

ekuhrt at gmail dot com
IrishTxAggie
AG
Email sent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.