Cutting Boards/Gifts

19,783 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by agrams
agrams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bumping in case I've missed anyone's email. My email has been finicky lately, so if anyone emailed me and I didn't reply, shoot me another email so I don't miss it!

I've been busy with more boards and bowls. Playing around with some coloration:

Jack Klompus
AG
What do people use the bowls for? Are they ok for food use (i.e. a salad bowl)?
agrams
AG
Jack,
A lot just depends. I do make salad bowls and treat those with a wax/mineral oil finish so you can use those for salad serving bowls, but I try to be picky on salad bowls as I want a solid, flawless piece of wood for those so they hold up well to the constant use/moisture exposure. Most of them are just decorative/dry food/fruit/keys/wallet/coin. My wife likes to cut trimmings from our lavender/rosemary plants and stick them in the bowls. Table centerpieces are common. Actually the most rewarding projects are the ones that have a sentimental value. When someone has a tree from their childhood home they have some wood from and I can make something from it for them, that is the most enjoyable. It may not be any more functional than any other bowl, but it carries a sentimental value which is nice.

I am wanting to get more in to hollow forms/vases after the

Cigar trays seem increasingly popular, but they are also purpose built.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.