Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RWB out for OSU Game [Original thread -Staff]

116,284 Views | 429 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bonfired
agsrwe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am repeating what ag2003 stated in another post:
"I think it would be a great act of US pride if we wore red, white and blue for the OSU game."

Great idea.

In my own opinion, TO take it one step further and to really make a nice statement would be to cooridinate :

3rd deck :Red
2nd deck :White
1st deck: blue.

gig'em and God Bless.
agsrwe '01

[This message has been edited by agsrwe (edited 9/12/2001).]
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
And we can have a new yell where we yell "Beat the Hell outta Bin Laden!"
Dough
The RWB is an incredible idea!! Especially if we can coordinate the "color coordinated deck" thing. I'm all for it. I say email everyone in your addy book and start spreading the word around campus.....this could be an AWESOME tribute and sign of unity.

Section 423, The Zone.....where vocal cords go to die!

BRING BACK THE LSU SERIES!!

JeepWaveEarl
AG
what better way for aggies to show their support and love for the country..

i wonder what we'd have to do to get this posted and everyone to know by next weekend. It can work in a week!!! Anyone wanna head this up?? I'll help/try but i'll need some help

email me

aggoddes@tca.net
TXAg04
AG
I'm on it. Will speak with Mrs Patricia Wehner soon- she is responsible for Yell Leaders, Revielle. Should be able to get something going.

We need everyone to spread this to everyone they know. Aggie Networking is strong, so the best way to get this out is to email everyone you know.

I'll get this to my Fish Camp, should make it to Schuyler Houser via her roommate. Let's get this in motion.

Gig 'em.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
TXAg: email me.. I'll talk to some people as well.. but let's keep in touch and get this thing out....word of mouth is an awesome thing, and I can probably do some good advertising for the cause if i get clearance it's ok to do it
BearHorn Hunter
I just emailed the Battalion and will spread the word to everyone I meet. Everyone needs to call school officials, C.C. Creations, local news and radio stations, and anyone else you can think to alert of this great idea.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
here's a form email/letter you can cut/paste in emails so you dont have to explain everytime:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Ags,

What better statement can we aggies make, than to celebrate the love and support for our country's freedom, and our patriotic nature, than this way:

Imagine...Fightin' Texas Aggie Band playing "Star Spangled Banner", play military drills as they walk around the stadium, and we celebrate our love for our country, and our support for all the heroes, alive and deceased...

3rd deck :Red
2nd deck :White
1st deck: blue

Pass the word on.... we have 1 1/2 weeks!!

The Spirit of America, and the Aggie Spirit is still alive.

God Bless America, the Free Nation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by AGGODDESS (edited 9/12/2001).]
JeepWaveEarl
AG
okay just fyi... i'm going to get it cleared for fliers to be posted in the MSC tomorrow, and to the RA's....

Spread the word!!
kj
AG
We also need to contact every aggie-related website we know - like the Association of Former Students (and all local club orgs), the Athletic Dept website, the main campus website, etc... send a ton of emails to everybody!!! We can do this! AWESOME IDEA!!!!

Don't forget to take extra shirts for those who might forget, or won't have heard.

VERY GOOD BULL!
JeepWaveEarl
AG
ath. dept
wally
the eagle
wtaw
individual people

I'm kinda hesitant to email Bowen and Southerland...i'm scared I'll be scolded.

Anyone have a maroon out email addy?? yell leaders???

if you have anyt emails of influential people who could help spread the word, email me please.

aggoddes@tca.net
DougAg2001
AG
I just e-mailed some current students and some Ol' Ags about this. I've gotten the ball rolling on my end. Hopefully we can get this done. It would be an awesome sight and a wonderful tribute to America. GET THE WORD OUT! Gig 'em and God Bless America.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
just emailed:

maroon out
Mr. Bowen
Mr. Southerland

I'm going to email OSU so they can tell their fans if they wanna join, they're more than welcome to.
sfondy
I am on the board of our local A&M club. We have a board meeting in the morning as well as a club meeting tomorrow evening. I'll pass the word along to the Central Texas Ags!!

Great Idea!! Gig 'Em and God Bless America!!
ag2003
AG
Glad yall liked my idea. I hope we can get this going. If any school could pull this off it would be us.

[This message has been edited by ag2003 (edited 9/12/2001).]
JeepWaveEarl
AG
ag2003, email me.. i wanna know the person that came up with this Hope you dont mind me trying to get it "out" p.s. i'm NOT taking credit for it.. see the General board if ya dont believe me

aggoddes@tca.net

LonghornDub
Ags - This is great bull. Hope you get it done. Good luck, and God Bless America.

Uva Uvum Vivendo Varia Fit
JeepWaveEarl
AG
"We will pass along this idea. Best wishes. Malon"

WHOOP!

reasor97
Can someone contact the ticket office? They could
pass out fliers when students pull tickets or
at least remind students what color shirts to
wear. Passing out this information as students
pick up their tickets may be a good route to take.

Jason
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I emailed another website admin, the OSU AD, and the OSU campus newspaper.

I've got the ticket office covered, if i can get it cleared... I work there, so I can try to put fliers in the windows and make sure we tell people....
AggieBob98
AWESOME IDEA!

Some may boast of prowess bold, of the school they think so grand. But there's a spirit that can ne'er be told, it's the spirit of Aggieland!<BR>
DougAg2001
AG
I'll see what I can do about mentioning it in my column that I'm going to write. The more avenues we can get this in, the better.

"These acts shattered steel, but they can not dent the steel of America's resolve. Our military is powerful, and it is prepared. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts, and those who harbor them."

--President George W. Bush
agsrwe
AG
Glad everyone liked the idea of the color cooridinating decks. I will get in touch with the various premed clubs and send out a mass email. I am sure this will become a reality.

gig'em and God bless.
Sawbuck
Great idea of color coordinating the 3 decks, but you seem to have forgotten about all of us people in "the zone!" What colors for us?
JeepWaveEarl
AG
ther'es basically 3 decks to the Zone..

you have the
100 level (blue)
the boxes (white)
and the 400/500 level (red)

if you look at the seating and not the numbers, that'll work.
Tex Ag02
this is the Battalions email everybody can send out an email so they cna spread out the word!

mailcall@thebatt.com.
nu awlins ag
AG
I'll be wearing RW&B at home while I'm cheering for the AGGIES. Great idea you young Aggie. We need more of where that came from. Good luck, I know ya'll can pull this off!
Col. Steve Austin
AG
This is a fantastic idea Ags. I haven't seen any suggested wording for the shirts but what do you think about getting those who can, to letter them with:

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

or other patriotic messages.

Another thought - what about encouraging everyone to bring small American flags to the game to wave in lieu of 12th Man towels for this one occasion?

[This message has been edited by HumbleAg (edited 9/12/2001).]
Twelfthman99
AG
Somebody Email OSU... Get their fans involved as well.
txaggiedan
Also we might want to consider chging the
Zone color combo to

100 level (blue)
the boxes/400 level (white)
and the 500 level (red)

Just looking at the Picture of kyle and the whit wouldn't stick out unless it included 400 level..
JeepWaveEarl
AG
this email's all over the state already.. LOl no changing it now heeh

and OSU's people have been emailed.
Salty Aggie
AG
Salty Aggie Here in Corpus Christi!

I will post on our email list of over 300, plus spread the word at our Board Meeting tomorrow as well as our Luncheon and Happy Hour next week!

Can't make the game, but will be there as always in spirit and pride! American & Aggie!

The flags sound like a great idea! It could also work if you could get some organizations in BCS to donate the flags and hand them out like programs or 12th man towels! I know in Corpus a group of realtors get together and on Memorial Day have someone putting those plastic flags on sticks at every house! I'm sure someone could get something like that in BCS!

Gig'em & God Bless America!

Toby Frerich '91
Louisville12thMan
This is why I pride myself on being a member of the 12th Man, coming from a family of Aggies, a Texan. This speaks volumes about Texas A&M University and I am proud of those of you who thought of this wonderful jesture.
NCAG
AG
This is what being an Aggie is all about. Great idea Ags. I look forward to seeing the visual on tv.

ESL / IYACYAS '88

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.