Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

482,433 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
ranger65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Folks, as I just posted on another thread, it is time for true confessions as I prepare to depart Aggieland. Ranger 65 is Dr. Gates ('65 because that is my college class and Ranger because he's buried in my front yard). I have enjoyed reading you all for the past four and a half years -- well, at least most of you. You are all hard core Aggies, and I have listened and paid more attention to you than you might imagine. Good luck to all of you in the future. Bob Gates

A Note from Staff:

Ags,

There has been some conversation in the last 24 hours concerning whether ranger65 is really Dr. Gates. I can understand your skepticism. However, please know that I have vetted the identity of ranger65 to the furthest possible point and I can assure each of you that ranger65 is who he claims to be.

While I certainly have a lot to gain from the claim that Dr. Gates frequented this forum, listened to your ideas, and even occasionally posted, I have much more to LOSE if this were a hoax. This site isn’t about silly short-lived publicity stunts, it’s about, first and foremost, the dissemination of good information among Aggies.

Further more, it’s you, TexAgs, that has the most to gain from this revelation – what is said here does matter and you do have a voice. Let’s not soon forget this fact and let’s all be responsible stewards of what we have here.

Dr. Gates,

Thank you for your service to our University. Thank you for pulling us forward without requiring us to turn loose of who we are.

We wish you success in your next mission, because our country needs it. May God be with you.

Gig’em!

Brandon ‘95
TexAgs.com

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 12/8/2006 5:16p).]
Keegan99
AG
Gig 'em, Dr. Gates!

Thank you for your service to Texas A&M and, more importantly, to our country.
neomoon
AG
Quiet n00b
neomoon
AG
Thx and Gig'em
mjpfeffer98
AG
Gig 'Em.

Thank you for leading from the front and for your service to this great school and nation.

--Matt
Stan Rizzo
AG
Feel free to drop in at any time! Thanks and good luck. (If that's really you)

[This message has been edited by Walker01 (edited 5/1/2007 10:44p).]
ffco
BTH!
Schall 02
AG
REally?
AggieGreg06
AG
If you're really Dr. Gates, where did you meet your wife? What former student that you worked closely with is now working in China?

Answer those 2 and I'll know its you!
kyledr04
AG
Many thanks to Dr Gates for all he's done and what he will do.
BosAG06
AG
Now he knows his surprise of everyone giving him a memorable goodbye!
Senator Blutarski
AG
You had me at "Howdy", Sir.

BTHO terrorists

[This message has been edited by SenorMandingo (edited 12/8/2006 4:42p).]
Keegan99
AG
His posting history supports the claim. Most of his previous posts reference "hearing from Gates", having a "friend who talked to Gates" or the like.

He weighed in on the 12th Man trademark issue several times, the move of the tceh game to Dallas, and a few Corps issues.

Finally, people who would know such things have told me in person that Dr. Gates reads TexAgs and posts from time to time.

[This message has been edited by Keegan99 (edited 12/7/2006 8:46p).]
TXMUSIC
wow!!
BosAG06
AG
^
|
|

Ranger65 is a Rook....how could his post history mean anything?
ffco
Did he know about the Rita game move before the fish pond maintainer? That will be absolute proof!

[This message has been edited by ffco (edited 12/7/2006 8:49p).]
BosAG06
AG
quote:
His posting history supports the claim. Most of his previous posts reference "hearing from Gates", having a "friend who talked to Gates" or the like.

He weighed in on the 12th Man trademark issue several times, the move of the tceh game to Dallas, and a few Corps issues.

Finally, people who would know such things have told me in person that Dr. Gates reads TexAgs and posts from time to time.

He is a Rook.......I don't think so.
AggieGreg06
AG
I'm researching the previous posts from "ranger65" and most of them do center around topics that Gates would comment about. However, some of the language used doesn't seem to fit his public personality...

On the MSC Hotel...
quote:
Gates is going to test your pucker factor because he announced yesterday he will sell deluxe rooms (two current standard rooms) for $200,000...

Time for the blowhards to step up to the plate. Put your money where your mouth is

I can't see Dr. Gates using the word "blowhards" on a TexAgs message board.

On the Permenant University Fund...
quote:
It's the Permanent University Fund. Late in the 19th century it was apportioned between tu and A&M based on enrollment. Thus, tu got 2/3s and A&M got 1/3. The PUF, based on public lands designated by the Texas legislature, is one of the most far-sighted legislative actions in the history of Texas -- and in the history of the US since the Morrill Act created land-grant universities. We should be so lucky to have such legislators today: providing what it takes for Texas to be successful a century from now.

Now that could definitely be Dr. Gates!

Aggie Band seating...
quote:
I'm told this rule is aimed primarily at those schools which have no track separating the bands from the visitor bench and whose bands' behavior has been a problem for visitors, including us -- e.g., K-State, Colorado, Missouri, etc. I'm also told we will fight this, at least to try to get exceptions where there is a track.

Someone who talked to Gates today told me he said if he has to move the FTAG, he'll put the Corps where the Band was -- that no way those seats would be for anyone but students and, specifically, students in uniform.

I'm going to say I believe him. Wow! Gig em Dr. Gates!

Keegan99
AG
quote:

Ranger65 is a Rook....how could his post history mean anything?

A small data set does not necessarily contain no meaningful information.

[This message has been edited by Keegan99 (edited 12/7/2006 9:05p).]
jpb1999
AG
Sweet, The Sec. of Defense of the United States is a Texags poster!

[This message has been edited by jpb1966 (edited 12/7/2006 8:53p).]
kyledr04
AG
He's posted 18 times.

Can we get the man a Spirit Tag and some stars?
Leon Sandcastle
AG
C-I-A PWNED!
aggiejumper
AG
He posted here too.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=12&topic_id=766999
bam02
AG
Thank you and Gig 'em!
AggieGreg06
AG
I believe now... check this out
http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=662561&page=2&forum_id=5

ranger65 post:
quote:
I'm told this rule is aimed primarily at those schools which have no track separating the bands from the visitor bench and whose bands' behavior has been a problem for visitors, including us -- e.g., K-State, Colorado, Missouri, etc

Later, a guy posted an email he received from Gates...
quote:
Mr. Caraway,

The problem is that at K-State, Colorado, Missouri and one other school (I don't remember which), there is no track separating the stands from the visiting team's bench. At those places, I'm told the bands'
behavior has been pretty bad.

Wow! Definitely Dr. Gates. My apologies for doubting you sir!
The Beer Snob
Gig 'Em, Dr. Gates! Thanks for your time here and your service to our country.

And please consider coming back to A&M when your fancy Washington gig is up.
BosAG06
AG
If you are Gates...please prove it Ranger65.....plus how are you finding time to be on TexAgs with your busy schedule? Answer this: Do you remember when I e-mailed you about flat rate tuition and you replied back that
quote:
You can claim bragging rights that this significant adjustment to the
flat rate tuition policy was due in substantial measure to your e-mail
to me.
JDL 96
Well, if you are really Dr. Gates - here is a big THANKS for everything you have done for Aggieland. Best of luck in your new job at the DoD.
Sox
AG
Dr. Gates always signs correspondence as

RGates
BradC34
AG
Thanks and gig 'em Dr. Gates.
Sal Parmesan
AG
Thank you Dr. Gates
Husker
Dr. Gates, best wishes in your new job!
aggienuke05
Football Related?????
amercer
AG
Wow. Gig'em and good luck.

p.s. please don't have me hunted down and killed. thanks...

[This message has been edited by amercer (edited 12/8/2006 11:58a).]
Jill

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.